ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

I didn't want to start a sPitt thread so figured I'd post this here. Does anybody watch "this is us"? They take a pretty funny shot at sPitt in it. The kid is getting an in home recruiting visit by the sPitt coach and he just blows it off because it's them. Pretty funny

I didn't want to start a sPitt thread so figured I'd post this here. Does anybody watch "this is us"? They take a pretty funny shot at sPitt in it. The kid is getting an in home recruiting visit by the sPitt coach and he just blows it off because it's them. Pretty funny

Is it on youtube?

I was coaching LL majors & teener league. My wife made me do it, I preferred to sit home with my Pall Malls & beer.
I never figured in my life how many mothers liked to suck up to the "coach". Good move.
Step - You are fortunate to have NOT lived in the #metoo era. I can see it now: "So mom, do you want to earn some playing time for your son........ the hard way? ;)

Reactions: step.eng69
ELDADDY, imo is President Stache over there. They have the same writing style and they have been responding to each others posts. If you check their posting history you'll be as convinced as I am on this one.

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/search/1094845/
Another poster mentioned last year he believes that Pres Snatch is a relative (nephew) of Crap Stain Cindy.

Speaking of Cindy, anyone know if Pnny Lion posted lately?

Last edited:
Step - You are fortunate to have NOT lived in the #metoo era. I can see it now: "So mom, do you want to earn some playing time for your son........ the hard way? ;)
Your telling me the acronym MILF may have evolved from Little League.

Spring is a few months away, maybe I'll head out to the LL fields and throw the term around on the bleachers. In the " me" world, I believe groping is legal for grandfather's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
So I had no clue who Ralph Cindrich is ... but when I went to his Wikipedia page (yes he has one) ... he's going to be 70 next year. I am in shock that a guy in his late 60s is posting essays in Crayola crayons on a message board
Another interesting fact regarding Ralph Cindrich. As mentioned previously, he was an accomplished wrestler. He was PA state runner up at heavyweight his senior year in HS. The guy that beat him for the title was Dave Joyner. Yes, that Dave Joyner.

Another interesting fact regarding Ralph Cindrich. As mentioned previously, he was an accomplished wrestler. He was PA state runner up at heavyweight his senior year in HS. The guy that beat him for the title was Dave Joyner. Yes, that Dave Joyner.
This Dave Joyner?

This Dave Joyner?
Yep, Woody, that's Joyner....
1510241794595-davidjoynercropped.jpeg

Fans of other ACC teams have to be more pissed off about adding Pitt and Syracuse than we are about Rutgers and Maryland. Those teams have done nothing but bring down the conference. The only team they've added since FSU that hasn't been a complete disaster is Va Tech although Miami is finally showing some signs of life.

Reactions: PSUPride1
Wipe the smerk of your face Bob.....
I'm very much reformed in my life today, top shelf cigars & good bourbon and other whiskeys. No more ciggs & but have some beer occasionally.
Step - Giving you a humidor like the one shown below is a bigger waste than giving you a 3-day weekend pass to The Playboy Mansion with a laminated card from Quest stating the you are STD free!

P3310011.jpg

The Pat Signal went up this AM. Picked up a DB from TX. "He is the highest level a 3 star can be" and " he runs a 11.5 100MM" (HCPN will get that down to 10.8)

They beat out U Mass, Abilene Christian, Citadel, Columbia, Holy Cross, Liberty, Sam Houston State, Stephen S Austin, Ohio, and others of the same ilk for his services.

Step - Giving you a humidor like the one shown below is a bigger waste than giving you a 3-day weekend pass to The Playboy Mansion with a laminated card from Quest stating the you are STD free!

P3310011.jpg
You're right Zig, I might as well will my cigars to my son. The last time I brought out the two 52 qt. Igloos to share with friends, was last August at my granddaughters graduation party. Also, my dear friend, Dr. Frank, told me to take a leave from bourbons. So I figure I'd treat my self on Friday & Saturday. Naturally today is a special case..Super Bowl. I'll start off with two Guinness, Old Grandad (my favorite bottom shelf) then probably some Knob Creek.

Another inexpensive bourbon I ran across last year is Larceny, it's a wheated bourbon, that I enjoy very much. After being off the booze for a week, I tried some Larceny as my first drink and expected a rough shot, to my surprise, it was very smooth and tasty.

Last edited:
You're right Zig, I might as well will my cigars to my son. The last time I brought out the two 52 qt. Igloos to share with friends, was last August at my granddaughters graduation party. Also, my dear friend, Dr. Frank, told me to take a leave from bourbons. So I figure I'd treat my self on Friday & Saturday. Naturally today is a special case..Super Bowl. I'll start off with two Guinness, Old Grandad (my favorite bottom shelf) then probably some Knob Creek.

Another inexpensive bourbon I ran across last year is Legacy, it's a wheated bourbon, that I enjoy very much. After being off the booze for a week, I tried some Legacy as my first drink and expected a rough shot, to my surprise, it was very smooth and tasty.
Step - I hate to break it to you but Dr. Frank is a fraud. He just wants your two 52 quart Igloo coolers of stogies. I say start smoking one at breakfast, lunch and dinner until you need an inhaler to get up off of the throne. Then, cut back as you see fit!! Thanks for the tip on "Legacy" but, at your age, you should be drinking Knob Creek instead of orange juice for breakfast.

Step - I hate to break it to you but Dr. Frank is a fraud. He just wants your two 52 quart Igloo coolers of stogies. I say start smoking one at breakfast, lunch and dinner until you need an inhaler to get up off of the throne. Then, cut back as you see fit!! Thanks for the tip on "Legacy" but, at your age, you should be drinking Knob Creek instead of orange juice for breakfast.
Only in a perfect world. Our annual SB party is canceled today due to the weather. Usually I don't give two $hits about the actual game, this year I'll watch to see how the Iggles fair. I did wish it was Pitt & Philly.
The wheated bourbon I mentioned is Larceny.
IMG_20180204_144012919.jpg

IMG_20180204_144054020.jpg

Last edited:
Only in a perfect world. Our annual SB party is canceled today due to the weather. Usually I don't give two $hits about the actual game, this year I'll watch to see how the Iggles fair. I did wish it was Pitt & Philly.

Beautiful scenery step. Nice place to enjoy a bourbon and a smoke...

Beautiful scenery step. Nice place to enjoy a bourbon and a smoke...
Spent many summers on the side & back porch with cigars & whisky and my favorite second son, Henry (nick named him Golden Boy). My second son spent many late afternoons with me scoping out & poaching woodchucks from the surrounding neighbors.

Here's a shot of Henry, .17 caliber HMR- no ricochet. Notice the trophy collection.
IMG_20180204_162011954.jpg

Last edited:

Did the bad weather happen after you took those pictures?;)

ZIGGY,Denny Brown is the best softball player in WPA history,no one is even close to him.My Bobtown teams were always competitive no matter where we played.
BISON you are correct about Mapletown and me.I was the baseball coach there for 30 years and assistant football coach for 32 years.Derek Bochna's dad and myself play senior softball all over the country now.Most people don't even know that Derek played baseball at Psu and actually had the home run record for awhile.All Big10 in football and baseball he is by far Mapletown's most famous athlete.
Denny Brown was great. My daughters played ball with his daughters. Grew up in Bentleyville area. Lives in Little Washington now near my oldest son.

Pitt wins a recruiting battle with Prairie View State to land a 3 star db?Other than our kicker, are any of the Pitt recruits rated higher than PSU's lowest?

The Pat Signal went up this AM. Picked up a DB from TX. "He is the highest level a 3 star can be" and " he runs a 11.5 100MM" (HCPN will get that down to 10.8)

They beat out U Mass, Abilene Christian, Citadel, Columbia, Holy Cross, Liberty, Sam Houston State, Stephen S Austin, Ohio, and others of the same ilk for his services.

I looked up his numbers because it really is fun. Rivals has him as a 5.6 (only 0,2 away from a 4 star) and 247 lists him as the number 985 national recruit and the 88th best cornerback with a .8531 rating. They are ecstatic because it was their new coach that recruited him. They also believe that this means Texas will be easy pickings for them from now on.

Pitt wins a recruiting battle with Prairie View State to land a 3 star db?Other than our kicker, are any of the Pitt recruits rated higher than PSU's lowest?

On 247, Will Levis is rated .8689, Bryce Effner is rated .8709 and Charlie Katshir is rated .8755. Pitt's highest ranked players are Zubovic at .8797 and Shocky Jacques-Louis at .8763. All the rest are lower ranked than any Penn State recruit. Average ranking of recruits is Penn State - .9131 and Pitt - .8554. Pitt is buner 50 overall and 10th in the ACC.

It's not close. 2 Pitt Recruits would rank among penn state's top 25 and they would be ranked 22nd and 23rd.

Chris Peak would like everyone to believe what great "closers" Pitt is on official visits....wouldn't it be better to close on kids that you want early and not throw offers to in desperation?

I looked up his numbers because it really is fun. Rivals has him as a 5.6 (only 0,2 away from a 4 star) and 247 lists him as the number 985 national recruit and the 88th best cornerback with a .8531 rating. They are ecstatic because it was their new coach that recruited him. They also believe that this means Texas will be easy pickings for them from now on.
Maybe Texas will be good for them since no one in Texas has ever heard of Pitt. They might actually be able to land some kids.

It's not close. 2 Pitt Recruits would rank among penn state's top 25 and they would be ranked 22nd and 23rd.

Chris Peak would like everyone to believe what great "closers" Pitt is on official visits....wouldn't it be better to close on kids that you want early and not throw offers to in desperation?

Yep. Closing on top recruits that have offers from other top schools (early or late) is very different from closing on a kid recently offered that does not have many or any other P5 offers and has run out of real options just before signing day, are two very different scenarios......

Last edited:
Reactions: john4psu
They are going to land that Salahuddin kid that everybody cooled on, but is still a 4-star guy officially. That will allow them to wind up their class in the mid 40's. Narduzzi's legend as a great closer will just get bigger and bigger!
What the hell happened to that kid who "decommitted" from USC and now has to choose between Syracuse and Pitt?

Reactions: duboispanther
What the hell happened to that kid who "decommitted" from USC and now has to choose between Syracuse and Pitt?

There was talk on the Cuse boards 3-4 weeks ago that he had bad grades. They are no longer recruiting him Bigger question is why all the other schools backed off and didnt go after him when he decommitted from USC.

He is pretty much headed to Pitt if he qualifies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT