ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt basketball attendance.

They just need to change the color of the seats from blue to yellow. The thousands of empty yellow seats would make Pitt fans feel right at home. It is their tradition after all...

Reactions: nittany dave
Don’t know how that athletic department isn’t bankrupt.
It is pretty much bankrupt. Pitt Athletics (an oxymoron if there ever was one) gets a good chunk of funding from the University. That means that the kids that go there are paying a couple of hundred of dollars per year, on top of tuition, to support the top notch sports programs that Pitt fans are use to.

It is pretty much bankrupt. Pitt Athletics (an oxymoron if there ever was one) gets a good chunk of funding from the University. That means that the kids that go there are paying a couple of hundred of dollars per year, on top of tuition, to support the top notch sports programs that Pitt fans are use to.

Something is going to have to give. They've been buying admission statistics to try and close the academic gap with PSU. I know someone with perfect SAT scores that wasn't admitted to Main campus, yet was offered a full ride at Pitt. Pitt just needs to accept what it is, and stop wasting money.

Reactions: nittany dave
The Pitt obsession by some on this board is getting really old. Yeah, I know I can ignore reading the posts, which I often do, but I can't ignore that they exist. What other board spends so much space on a non-conference foe And often these same poster will claim Pitt is not a rival.
I was thinking of staging a protest by starting a Rutgers (our true rival;)) Thread for every Pitt one. Those 2 threads would dominate the board. Unfortunately, it would take up all my time.

I really don’t think we should rag on Pitts attendance. With the exception of last night do we draw any better ?

How many major schools will fail to make a bowl game and also not make the NCAA tournament or even the NIT tournament and perhaps not win a conference game????? PITTING at its finest!!!!

Pittsburgh's conference-mate Boston College won zero conference games in both hoops and football in 2015-16.

Pittsburgh has something to aspire to!

The ACC has not been a good fit for Pitt from a competitive standpoint in football and basketball, obviously their recruiting has dipped in both and as a result the wins and losses are the proof in the pudding...

Reactions: step.eng69
The Pitt obsession by some on this board is getting really old. Yeah, I know I can ignore reading the posts, which I often do, but I can't ignore that they exist. What other board spends so much space on a non-conference foe And often these same poster will claim Pitt is not a rival.
Why does this bother you? It is not obsession, it's pure joy of their demise. We hate those sodomites. Most despicable fan base in sports. They are getting exactly what they deserve now and we love it. No, it not obsession as some of you state over and over and (yawn) over.

How many major schools will fail to make a bowl game and also not make the NCAA tournament or even the NIT tournament and perhaps not win a conference game????? PITTING at its finest!!!!
I'll play...Rutgers? Although they did win a couple conf. games

The ACC has not been a good fit for Pitt from a competitive standpoint in football and basketball, obviously their recruiting has dipped in both and as a result the wins and losses are the proof in the pudding...

pitt really isn’t a good fit anywhere.

SHIT. SHOW. :eek:

WHINING. :eek:

Reactions: gregoryj95

Hopefully they show their confidence in Stallings by extending his contract like they did with Nard dog

Pitt does on PSU. Even more.

Saw a HILARIOUS comment while watching the NBA skills/dunk contest last night and playing the Fandual Bingo game....

Guy on Fandual who was commenting during the contest said
"Beal and George should join a habitat for humanity project as they are throwing up more bricks than the Pitt Basketball team"

Thought you guys would get a laugh out of that....I know I did!

Pitt should accept reality and drop down to the mid-majors. However, there was a ballet and a big wine cheese tasting party that partly explains the lack of attendance at the game...so much to do in the megalopolis of Pittsburgh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT