ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt and recruiting

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
it has been a while since Pitt had a top ranked team. Western PA top players are routinely headed to UM, OSU, ND or PSU - and sometimes other national powers. current HS players would be too young to ever identify with a top ranked Pitt team. given this situation, why would any top player EVER pick Pitt over PSU???? not sure how they can ever get a player like Whitehead, or that there is a close battle for any player with PSU. hard to explain. i am in Cincy alot, and the top players there identify with OSU, or another national power. UC would be like Pitt - a school as a last resort offer.

it has been a while since Pitt had a top ranked team. Western PA top players are routinely headed to UM, OSU, ND or PSU - and sometimes other national powers. current HS players would be too young to ever identify with a top ranked Pitt team. given this situation, why would any top player EVER pick Pitt over PSU???? not sure how they can ever get a player like Whitehead, or that there is a close battle for any player with PSU. hard to explain. i am in Cincy alot, and the top players there identify with OSU, or another national power. UC would be like Pitt - a school as a last resort offer.
Because it’s their hometown team, they play in the ACC, and are constantly in the minds of way too many Penn State fans. We need to stoop playing them and stop talking about them when we aren’t playing them.

Because it’s their hometown team, they play in the ACC, and are constantly in the minds of way too many Penn State fans. We need to stoop playing them and stop talking about them when we aren’t playing them.
I agree. I went to Villanova and our historic rival in basketball is St. Joe’s. I haven’t considered them as anything but a W in the column for many years ; since they had that great guard whose name I can’t remember.

St. Joe’s could beat Villanova but in most years it’d be a huge upset and unlikely. Keep in mind that this rivalry was intense, especially since the schools are 6-7 miles apart and we sometimes drank at the same bars.

I just don’t get the Pitt obsession anymore and I really don’t get the references to Pitt in so many unrelated threads.

I agree. I went to Villanova and our historic rival in basketball is St. Joe’s. I haven’t considered them as anything but a W in the column for many years ; since they had that great guard whose name I can’t remember.

St. Joe’s could beat Villanova but in most years it’d be a huge upset and unlikely. Keep in mind that this rivalry was intense, especially since the schools are 6-7 miles apart and we sometimes drank at the same bars.

I just don’t get the Pitt obsession anymore and I really don’t get the references to Pitt in so many unrelated threads.

Remember that we don't get the obsession with your Villanova basketball posts!

Food for thought.

:p:D:p

Jameer Nelson

Reactions: artsandletters
ADVERTISEMENT