ADVERTISEMENT

Pirates 2020 Thread - Let's Go Bucs! Let's Go Bucs!

107053664_1721045318061255_6901998590616823881_o.jpg

I'm predicting 21-39. Though if there ever was a chance for a team like that to get hot for a month and sneak in the playoffs, it's this year.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The average height of the 1954 Pirates was 5'9".
They were also slow and had trouble with 87 MPH fastballs. Whammy Douglas only had 1 eye, but he was their ace.
They would kick this team's butt.

Let's go Bucs!

I'm taking the lead and starting the thread.

:)

The 9th richest owner in MLB spends like a pauper and just terminated the team photographer who was employed for over 30 years by the team due to "fiscal considerations". Nutting is playing his team and the City of Pittsburgh like the uncaring, cash in at all cost jackass that he has been since acquiring the team. He lost me when he had a 98 win team and cut payroll the following year. No thanks.

Pittsburgh will support winning baseball. It's a shame that it is held hostage by a man who doesn't care about winning.

The 9th richest owner in MLB spends like a pauper and just terminated the team photographer who was employed for over 30 years by the team due to "fiscal considerations". Nutting is playing his team and the City of Pittsburgh like the uncaring, cash in at all cost jackass that he has been since acquiring the team. He lost me when he had a 98 win team and cut payroll the following year. No thanks.

Pittsburgh will support winning baseball. It's a shame that it is held hostage by a man who doesn't care about winning.

Let's keep it positive sir!

:)

Maybe HIS death is not that far off!

;)

Is this true? Nutting is the 9th richest? I’d love a link to that list.

The Buccos have some young promising talent in the infield, however the pitching leaves much to be desired. But, hey who knows when you play a 60 game season you get hot, some timely hits ......they could make a run for it.

What’s interesting about the Pirates is their splits between the first 60 games and the rest of the season the past two years.

2018: Finished 81-80, started 30-30
2019: Finished 69-93, started 29-31

Those records would likely be enough to make it in an eight-team playoff. You combine a team that’s had a recent history of starting hot (2011, 2012, etc.) plus playing the worst AL Division from last season and anything can happen. Also doesn’t hurt that quite a few guys are backing out.

Overall, I’m cautiously optimistic. If Bell can heat up again and guys returning from injury can contribute...

What’s interesting about the Pirates is their splits between the first 60 games and the rest of the season the past two years.

2018: Finished 81-80, started 30-30
2019: Finished 69-93, started 29-31

Those records would likely be enough to make it in an eight-team playoff. You combine a team that’s had a recent history of starting hot (2011, 2012, etc.) plus playing the worst AL Division from last season and anything can happen. Also doesn’t hurt that quite a few guys are backing out.

Overall, I’m cautiously optimistic. If Bell can heat up again and guys returning from injury can contribute...

With and without Derrick Cole!

ADVERTISEMENT