ADVERTISEMENT

Pico's first MMA fight

Needanap

Nov 18, 2013
Bellator announced today that Pico will make his MMA debut on June 24 in NYC.
Will fight at 155 lbs. and his opponent has yet to be named.

One of Zain's main strengths is his ability on top, his ability to turn his opponent. From what I have seen, this ability isn't as important in freestyle.
Exactly True, which is why if Zain was working on his striking skills I would bet he would do better against PICO in MMA than freestyle wrestling. Ground skills (Ground and Pound) are huge in MMA...That is a Fight I would love to see:)

So, after his MMA fight, Pico can never wrestle in US freestyle ever again ?

Correct ?

Pico only wrestled his freshman year in CA and was undefeated. After that he was strictly freestyle and signed with Zinkin and then Bellator

Don't think he was undefeated. He was beaten by Dean Heil for a fact. I thought that was at iron man which is during high school season.

Unless his loss to Heil was before the season started he wasn't undefeated but I'm almost positive it was at iron man. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong

Pico is for real. He and Molinaro had some brutal battles in the Olympic Trials. Pico also beat a former Senior World champion at the Henri Deglane tournament in 2014 - Pico was only 18 at the time. I would assume that his wrestling career is pretty much over though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT