ADVERTISEMENT

Pick'Em Results Posted for Week 3

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Nittanyfarmer topped the field, with 28 points. Nittany.Lion and bluewhite22 tied for 2nd, with 27 points. More results are posted in the pinned post atop the board.

A reminder that I don't post the results of the season-long competition unit week 3 or week 4.

In the real competition, twak finally got off the sidelines and joined this season's Pick'Em. His dartboard must have been under a spell, as twak bested me, 25 points to 23 points. :(

The Week 4 slate has been posted, and it's a big one -- 39 games. It includes 2 Friday night games.

As always, best of luck to all that play, including twak!

Nittanyfarmer topped the field, with 28 points. Nittany.Lion and bluewhite22 tied for 2nd, with 27 points. More results are posted in the pinned post atop the board.

A reminder that I don't post the results of the season-long competition unit week 3 or week 4.

In the real competition, twak finally got off the sidelines and joined this season's Pick'Em. His dartboard must have been under a spell, as twak bested me, 25 points to 23 points. :(

The Week 4 slate has been posted, and it's a big one -- 39 games. It includes 2 Friday night games.

As always, best of luck to all that play, including twak!
Hey Tom, quick, unimportant question that won't change my pick: Is Wisconsin really considered the home team in this week's ND game? I thought that ND would be considered home and Wisconsin was home for last year's cancelled (postponed?) game at Lambeau. Again, not that it matters but you seem to have better insight into how Yahoo! thinks in the Pick 'em pool.

bump

many of you still need to get your picks in for Week 4. As a reminder, there are 2 Friday night games in Week 4's slate.

As always, best of luck to all that play, including @twak!

Hey Tom, quick, unimportant question that won't change my pick: Is Wisconsin really considered the home team in this week's ND game? I thought that ND would be considered home and Wisconsin was home for last year's cancelled (postponed?) game at Lambeau. Again, not that it matters but you seem to have better insight into how Yahoo! thinks in the Pick 'em pool.

Interesting question. The two-game series was supposed to be played at two neutral sites (Lambeau in 2020, and Chicago in 2021). Due to COVID-19, the 2020 game was scratched, and now will be played in 2026. USA Today says: "This is a Shamrock Series game for Notre Dame, a relatively new Irish tradition in which they play a “home” game away from home. Notre Dame is 9-0 in its Shamrock Series games."

All of the sites I quickly checked list it as Notre Dame at Wisconsin, or for odds listings, Wisconsin is placed as the home team. I'm sure there's a reason for all of this -- I just don't have any more time to search for it right now.

Reactions: Woodpecker
ADVERTISEMENT