ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Sports for Fall 2020, Ongoing Discussion

You would be mistaken. Temple is in the American Athletic Conference, which is still planning to play football.

Where are they going to play? I thought the Linc was shut down? You are way more I'm formed on the Phil. area than I have been for the last 20 years.

Where are they going to play? I thought the Linc was shut down? You are way more I'm formed on the Phil. area than I have been for the last 20 years.

The Linc is not shut down. I believe the current regulations/guidelines from the city and the state are no fans are allowed for games. There has been mention that those two parties are still discussing this situation, and there's a chance that some number of fans will be permitted for NFL games (and I presume Temple games), but that remains to be seen.

Reactions: cment and hlstone
Not trying to be a jerk but if PA is the last to decide why would all of the other states be watching?
People don't take the time to read the fine print. We are moved by headlines and sound bytes. In NY Governor Cuomo gave the "okay" to open public schools. Subsequent to this, the State Education Dept. and the State Health Dept. sent out a document that rivals "War and Peace," detailing the conditions and protocols that school districts must adhere to in order to bring students on campus for instruction. Currently in my area, 85% of the schools have announced remote only instruction, until at least October. They simply can't meet the requirements to bring their students back for in person instruction.
People not in the trenches have no clue what hurdles need to be cleared.

People don't take the time to read the fine print. We are moved by headlines and sound bytes. In NY Governor Cuomo gave the "okay" to open public schools. Subsequent to this, the State Education Dept. and the State Health Dept. sent out a document that rivals "War and Peace," detailing the conditions and protocols that school districts must adhere to in order to bring students on campus for instruction. Currently in my area, 85% of the schools have announced remote only instruction, until at least October. They simply can't meet the requirements to bring their students back for in person instruction.
People not in the trenches have no clue what hurdles need to be cleared.
I understand that. I'm just referring to the article posted.

crazy high schools can do it but Penn State cannot.
I'm not sure this is over. The governor won't be happy and I wouldn't be surprised if he put restrictions in place for school districts that make playing sports impossible. Similar to what happened with a few of the counties that opened up before he wanted them to.

I'm not sure this is over. The governor won't be happy and I wouldn't be surprised if he put restrictions in place for school districts that make playing sports impossible. Similar to what happened with a few of the counties that opened up before he wanted them to.
Levine was asked about this and she said he won't mandate not to play but recommends no sports until 2021.

Reactions: NedFromYork

Penn Live has his response. It was kind of matter of fact and he always said the PIAA and local school dist had to make this decision. A lot of gov speak. Note the "liability protections" wording.

"The Wolf administration has been in contact with representatives from PIAA as needed throughout the pandemic. While the administration expressed broad concern with the PIAA’s plans, including its request for liability protections, we’ve made it clear to them since July that this decision should be made by the PIAA in concert with local school districts,” Lyndsay Kensinger, Wolf’s spokesperson, said in an emailed statement."

For all the people that want to bring politics into this, AH school district is in a very "red" area and low Covid area and they shut down sports. The district that my kids play varsity sports in is in a "blue" district with a high number of positive tests and the kids have each been voluntarily practicing for 2 sports for a month. Politics? Nah

Last edited:
I'm always right. Ha HA. You just don't like my views. So you post childish comments like that. I mean I could say you are never right. It wouldn't make it so. And same with what you posted.

I was referring to Clay Travis you damned fool. I don’t even know who you are.

I was referring to Clay Travis you damned fool. I don’t even know who you are.

dont_know_who_you_are_breaking_bad.gif

It is a freshman team in this instance. I think it gives a glimpse of what the varsity seasons will look like. Positive test.....14 day shutdown.

No big deal. The freshman team isn't playing for a few days. The other teams are... There is a very good chance the player didn't get the virus while playing football.

Meanwhile, none of the teams in NY are playing. The PIAA believes athletes with discipline who are playing, are less likely get the virus than others who hang out on the streets with nothing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centuar94
ADVERTISEMENT