ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Sports for Fall 2020, Ongoing Discussion

How about parents that were told by their school district 3 days ago that no fans would be present? IDGAF about BASD Stadium. Are you a parent of a student athlete?

You're asking all the wrong questions. What school district?

Want to be the least popular parent in the world? Tell your kid he's repeating a year just because.

A separate school-related bill, House Bill 2788, sponsored by Rep. Jesse Topper, R-Bedford County, passed by a 197-5 vote that would allow parents to request their public or private school student repeat a grade if they felt there was educational loss last year or this year due to the interruptions in in-person learning prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unfortunately I don't believe this is going to help the parents and grandparents. Wolf said 250 people total in the stadium.

40 players per team, 5 coaches, 2 trainers, 3 water boys is 100 people. Refs, chain gang, clock manager, security, misc personel puts us up over 125.

Now throw in the cheerleaders and band. It doesn't take long until you are at 250 people without parents and grandparents.

I'd like to know where this arbitrary 250 came from? Where is the science that 251 people in a high school football stadium (that in PA seat at least 1000) would increase covid spread?

Unfortunately I don't believe this is going to help the parents and grandparents. Wolf said 250 people total in the stadium.

40 players per team, 5 coaches, 2 trainers, 3 water boys is 100 people. Refs, chain gang, clock manager, security, misc personel puts us up over 125.

Now throw in the cheerleaders and band. It doesn't take long until you are at 250 people without parents and grandparents.
I was talking about other sports besides football, but our district is not allowing cheer or bands at football games.

I was talking about other sports besides football, but our district is not allowing cheer or bands at football games.
my grandson plays soccer for new hope solebury(bucks co.), class a runner-up in states last year. his parents got notification of no fans last week. with the gov's quotas in mind now, word is they may take another look, but not certain as of now.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I'd like to know where this arbitrary 250 came from? Where is the science that 251 people in a high school football stadium (that in PA seat at least 1000) would increase covid spread?

This ^^^^. There is no science. It’s completely arbitrary.

No more than 25 people at an indoor sport, but more than 25 allowed at a restaurant, bar, or church. Way more than 25 at a Walmart, Home Depot, etc.

No more than 250 outdoors? Why? If you can socially distance more than 250 then why limit it- especially when you’re counting players, coaches, refs, etc in the 250 who won’t even be in the stands.

Last edited:
So District 11 is pulling out because they wouldn't get enough teams in the PIAA Playoffs?

So District 11 is pulling out because they wouldn't get enough teams in the PIAA Playoffs?

D11 wants to have their district playoffs. With the condensed PIAA schedule, they wouldn't have enough weeks to do that and crown champions.

Reactions: bison13
District 1 is trying to sort out their plans for the post season. North Penn at Neshaminy is a pretty good way to kick off the season tomorrow night.

ADVERTISEMENT