ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Football Championships Thread

Regardless, this is a huge turnaround for Wilmington from last year's 48-0 blowout. Especially considering many of the same kids are back from both teams.

Gaige Garcia scores on a nice screen pass. With the PAT, it's 28-14, Southern Columbia, with 0:04 left in the 3rd quarter.

Wilmington QB throws his 2nd INT on their 1st play from scrimmage after the KO, and then Gavin Garcia (Gaige's younger brother) takes the 1st play after the INT for a long TD run (about 40 yards).

25-14, Southern Columbia, with 11:44 left in the game.

Congratulation to Southern Columbia and future Lion Julian Fleming on another PIAA 2A Championship. Can’t wait to see JF in Penn State Blue and White.

Reactions: marshall23
5A coming up at 7. Manheim Central and Penn Hills. Hopefully it's at least a competitive game. So far the score is Blowouts 3 - Competitive Games 0.

7-6 MC at then end of one. PH got a 4th down stop near the goaline, then the PH QB threw a pick a couple plays later.

Manheim Central QB is just not ready for the speed and coverage ability of the Penn Hills secondary....

Go Indians!!

And PH just ran back the ensuing kickoff. 36-14. PH went for 2 after every TD and missed them all. The latest was a laser beam that caught the ref in the head. Ouch.

And MC just scored first play after kickoff return. This is somewhat like doing pbp for a Jason Nolf match. 36-20 PH. Still close to midway through the third.

Wierd call. Anyone ever hear of a roughing the snapper penalty? MC just got one on a punt play. Never heard of that before.

Penn Hills really likes to take cheap head shots. One to the MC QB on the 2 point play and then another one on the onside kick. The kid from MC that took the shot on the kick looks seriously hurt.

Reactions: LoyalandTrueLion
Final 36-31. Penn Hills. In a penalty filled, hard hitting game. Lots of injuries, including a pretty serious looking one at the end of the game. MC kid took a hell of a blind side hit. They carted him off the field. He was at least moving his hand, so hopefully he is ok and it's all precautionary.

This will be the play of the game MC would have been up at half instead completely different game
I'll agree with that. I think they said the MC QB was a D1 recruit? I would think a D1 QB would play better than he did. Of course, PH has a few D1 kids as well. That defense is really good.

I looked. He's a 3 star JR. Right now he has looks from low end FBS schools, assuming I looked at his page correctly. I don't follow recruiting that much. The announcers mentioned he was a D1 recruit.

Well that's surprising. But he isn't as good as Pribula (UD) and not as good as Everson from Harrisburg.

And the tight end, who is also a backup QB, played QB for Seneca (Wattsburg) the past two seasons.
Just a coincidence the coach’s kid, who was the QB the last 3 years, graduated and they had nobody on the roster capable of replacing him.
SOP for the Preppies.
Erie Prep provides an attorney for these players to represent them and the school at D-10 transfer hearings. The transfers are always for religious and/or academic reasons. Never athletics.

And there sits Tom Reisenweber (Erie Times News), dutifully looking away, or at least ardently defending the Prep narrative (bs). Ever read his running Friday night blogs during football season? Don't you dare complain, tsk, tsk. It's all very fair.

Yeah.

Move up, Prep. Do the right thing.

And there sits Tom Reisenweber (Erie Times News), dutifully looking away, or at least ardently defending the Prep narrative (bs). Ever read his running Friday night blogs during football season? Don't you dare complain, tsk, tsk. It's all very fair.

Yeah.

Move up, Prep. Do the right thing.

Cry me a river.

I have no idea who "Imhotep" is. My POV is from the experiences we encountered with my daughter's high school lacrosse program. Here in MD all the privates recruit in all sports.

Not sure what your point is, but for those that don;t know in MD the private schools do not compete in the state championships against the public schools in ANY sport. That is also true here in Virginia.

Reactions: bison13
Pittsburgh Central Catholic has just over 800 boys in school, I think, and they play in 6A. They've always played in the highest classification, whatever that is. Prep should do the same if they are going to actively collect the best players in Erie. At one time, I do think they played at AAAA when that was the highest classification. Given their dominance, Prep should at least move up to 5A.

Reactions: bison13
Not sure what your point is, but for those that don;t know in MD the private schools do not compete in the state championships against the public schools in ANY sport. That is also true here in Virginia.

Again, Imhotep is a public school in Philly. Sure they have the advantage of drawing kids from within the city limits. They've had 3 different coaches take them to Hershey in the past four years.

Their basketball program is a state and national power, winning 6 championships in the past 10 years. They finished 5th in the country last season.

Interesting that announcers for the Quips game were gushing over the Middletown RB's.... But when I was watching before half time Middletown was getting shut out....

Anyone watch the whole game and get a read on Devonshire the DB recruit? Lots of offers but none from CJF....

Saw them at Heinz vs Derry. The speed they had was incredible.

WPIAL went 2/2
West went 4/5

Not bad

Usually feel sorry for a team that gets the snot kicked out of them in a championship game, but not for a team cush as Middletown that has an emblem that's a take off of UM....

St Joe Prep with a methodical 40-20 win over Harrisburg, not even playing that well. Prep should finish top 10 in all the national rankings. The scary thing is SJP is loaded with underclassman. They will roll the next couple years.

ADVERTISEMENT