ADVERTISEMENT

Piaa D4

Rhino80

Dec 31, 2016
126 Semi's are set Strickland vs Biscoe and Johnson vs Gramly. That should be fun. Will probably see a repeat of the Central Sectional final, Strickland vs Johnson.

Lear vs the youngest Garcia coming up, interested to see how that goes.

That's my old district. Anyone from Central Columbia in the mix this year? Or is it mostly a lot of guys from Benton and Southern Columbia?

It's been a while since I lived in PA, so I had to look this up in wiki:

Midd-West School District was founded in 1970 after the merger of the former West Snyder Area and Middleburg Area School Districts. Two high schools had been maintained despite declining enrollment and significant fiscal challenges. In the 2004-2005 school year, Middleburg High School and West Snyder High School were united to form Midd-West High School.[31] The Midd-West School Board voted to realign the District in response to declining enrollment and education program changes, closing 2 elementary schools, at the end of the 2011-12 school year. Midd-West School District operates Middleburg Elementary School, West Snyder Elementary school,Midd West Middle School, and Midd-West High School. Beaver Adams School and Penns Creek School were closed years ago.

That's my old district. Anyone from Central Columbia in the mix this year? Or is it mostly a lot of guys from Benton and Southern Columbia?
Central qualified 3 to district but all are on the back side of the bracket.

Benton and Southern both have 4 in the finals. At 215, Poust from Benton upset Backes (20-0) in SV to make the finals. His reward is a rematch with Bennett who TF'd him in the finals at sectional's.

Lear just beat Basset in the finals 3-2. That is definitely an upset. Lear wrestles a lot like Berge, 3-1 , 3-2 type wins but is always in every match.

Without reviewing the other districts, that might be a state finals preview (especially with Gibson not in the postseason).

AJ Corrado from Burrell will probably be the favorite but one of Bassett and Lear should be in the finals with him.

Lear just beat Basset in the finals 3-2. That is definitely an upset. Lear wrestles a lot like Berge, 3-1 , 3-2 type wins but is always in every match.

I watched the match. Lear was really strong on defense. Bassett never got a good shot off. Bassett rode him for close to a minute thirty in the second then Lear escaped and took one shot on the edge and got the takedown at the end of the period.

Good match.

Reactions: Rhino80
Freshman from Montgomery Harer looked impressive. Not sure how good the competition was.
Not great at regionals, but he's legit. Has pinned 2 state qualifiers this year in the first minute. Only loss was up a weight to Higley 2-1.

He will most likely win East Super Regionals. Guessing he'll take 3rd at states -- McMillen (2x champ) and Oswalt (runner-up to McMillen) both at his weight in the West.

Not great at regionals, but he's legit. Has pinned 2 state qualifiers this year in the first minute. Only loss was up a weight to Higley 2-1.

He will most likely win East Super Regionals. Guessing he'll take 3rd at states -- McMillen (2x champ) and Oswalt (runner-up to McMillen) both at his weight in the West.
Think denny harer is his dad and the coach at montgomery. Wrestled in the early nineties. Finished second at states one year. Not a great loser though lol

Last edited:
With that loss for Strickland and Maag losing, #2 and #3 at 126 AA will meet 1st round at Super regionals.

ADVERTISEMENT