ADVERTISEMENT

PHOTO: Soon to be every Penn State wrestling fan's favorite photo

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
C7QRCaLUwAA58Mq.jpg

There is a guy with a head set on, might be security, is facing the crowd instead of the mat, and has his fist raised, lmao.

Check the guys in orange. In the upper right corner I think that guy is praying .Left middle guy is like "what happened?" One in center is just pi--ed. Yea and the Iowa guys are just very happy for why we do not know.

LOVE... the reaction of Cael and Casey... but I especially love calm, cool, always in character... athletic trainer, Dan Monthly going OFF!!!!!!!!! PRICELESS!!! As is this moment. I'll never forget this moment... or the other four Championship bouts. Feels like a dream that will never have an end. That's PRICELESS!!!!

Aside: CLASSIC as was the moment in time IMARKEDTHEMAT... got flattened again on an elevated stage. As if it was meant to be.

Last edited:
Check the guys in orange. In the upper right corner I think that guy is praying .Left middle guy is like "what happened?" One in center is just pi--ed. Yea and the Iowa guys are just very happy for why we do not know.

I like the blonde guy's reaction on the far right.

The look in Cenzo's eyes... Emotional on a level unbeknownst to the crowd reacting.... The feeling it gave Cael... the feeling it gave all of us. Beyond... imagination. I'll never forget the moment... I have it on HD... for eternity. Where was I and all my Penn State brethren when....

Reactions: T J
This is a good idea for a thread that can be pinned to the top of the board. Penn State wrestling pictures like this.

It is said a picture is worth a thousand words. In today's environment of twitter, blogs, and online chat, it probably should be said a picture is worth a million words. The two pictures of the same scene from different angles and a second apart certainly should be memorialized along with other "special" pictures. Every time I see this scene I will remember the good feelings I have right now - priceless.

They're still cheering Clark's win.

And not surprised to see Spyker in the photo as well!!! Right there to Cael's left. I am still in awe as how he can be in St Louis for the match, at the BIG10 Hockey finals, as well as hanging out with Parsons in State College, all in the same day. I thought the Concorde was retired in 2003, but he must have his own personal one around.

He is our 6th NC. Without him, Bo would still be at 174, and Hall would still be a redshirt. He also gave us the great intelligence report about Suriano's injury not healing in time for the BIG10 and NCAA tourney (and the deception involved to throw off all of the competitors). Huge props for him getting the coaches to make Nevills hit the weights last season, as that really paid off (a few more lifting sessions would have him as NC as well). And I can't even remember his advice for 197, but certainly is was letting Caesar recover, keep Rasheed at 174, and wrestle Cutch.

Reactions: CowboyUp61

Good call amalone!

Captures multiple spontaneous reactions to Vincenzo Joseph's stunning stick of wrestling phenom I-Mar, to clinch Cenzo's first NCAA Title.

This is destined to be a Classic Penn State Wrestling photo.

Thanks for posting it amalone.​

Reactions: amalone
I like the blonde guy's reaction on the far right.

Good call Cali_Nittany!

There are three guys in a row diagonally behind Cenzo with their mouths wide open.

Their great reactions help to frame Cenzo's own reaction, as they are all instantly stunned by the sensational stick.

This is one of the greatest photos in the history of sports I think. Not kidding. The pure joy of this pic, captured in the entire frame.

ADVERTISEMENT