ADVERTISEMENT

Philly Inquirer slams Rutgers

Keyser Soze 16801

Apr 5, 2014
"Rutgers has firmly positioned itself as the laughingstock of college athletics," said David Ridpath, a sports management professor at Ohio University

"I think Rutgers is the latest in a long line of schools that has sacrificed their souls to reach something that they're likely never going to reach," Ridpath said.

LINK

Just finished reading that article. Holy smokes Jensen takes them to the woodshed. There are numerous articles out there with people just ripping Rutgers and how they have just turned a blind eye and ignored their athletics program all for the sake of winning and being in the big 10. Guess they are feeling what its like to have everyone pile on.... shoe is on the other foot for them now

My take is that Flood did exactly what MANY in his position across the NCAA do...he's just not very good at his job. If Rutgers wants to go big-time, they'll need a HC with a LOT more savvy that what they currently have.

As for the thugs on the team...they're not the first and certainly won't be the last. Keep in mind, PSU has had its share of meatheads on campus.

"Rutgers has firmly positioned itself as the laughingstock of college athletics," said David Ridpath, a sports management professor at Ohio University

"I think Rutgers is the latest in a long line of schools that has sacrificed their souls to reach something that they're likely never going to reach," Ridpath said.

LINK
My take is that Flood did exactly what MANY in his position across the NCAA do...he's just not very good at his job. If Rutgers wants to go big-time, they'll need a HC with a LOT more savvy that what they currently have.

As for the thugs on the team...they're not the first and certainly won't be the last. Keep in mind, PSU has had its share of meatheads on campus.
I agree. I think this article is pretty funny, you have an osu guy saying all of this. Couple of thoughts-

On his quote about sacrificing for something they'll never reach, if they were a good program, would sacrificing their souls be ok?

He talks about eligibility and education being competing ideas...I can't say I agree with them. They aren't mutually exclusive, I don't see why you can't be educated while maintaining eligibility.

So this guy didn't like the lack of integrity at Marshall, so he leaves for osu....yep, that makes sense. Funny that in recent years Rutgers had a higher grad rate than osu.

I agree. I think this article is pretty funny, you have an osu guy saying all of this. Couple of thoughts-

On his quote about sacrificing for something they'll never reach, if they were a good program, would sacrificing their souls be ok?

He talks about eligibility and education being competing ideas...I can't say I agree with them. They aren't mutually exclusive, I don't see why you can't be educated while maintaining eligibility.

So this guy didn't like the lack of integrity at Marshall, so he leaves for osu....yep, that makes sense. Funny that in recent years Rutgers had a higher grad rate than osu.
The guy's at Ohio U, not Coors Light U

RIDPATH. IS. OUTRAGED. :eek:

Great quotes there. Let's remember them when ru athletic supporters try to lecture us about a culture problem. :)

Reactions: simons96

LINK

Rutgers football has been a laughingstock program for decades. A "never was" program that never will be. Looking forward to our traditional lopsided victory against these turd floaters this season...

if you want some serious entertainment, go to the Rutgers board and read the flopping.

kind of amusing what hypocrites they are

Reactions: h8ru

"Competing" and "mutually exclusive" aren't the same thing, and Ridpath did not say that they were.

Ever hear of the infamous "Eligibility major"? I think that's what was being referred to.

Last edited:

LINK
A bad team. Really bad.

"Competing" and "mutually exclusive" aren't the same thing, and Ridpath did not say that they were.

Ever hear of the infamous "Eligibility major"? I think that's what was being referred to.
Could be, if that's what he means, say it. I still fail to see how without the point you made the two concepts are competing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT