ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia Eagles.........................Super Bowl Champions

Not until they get rid of Sanchez. Horrible back up as we experienced last year. Bradford is injury prone. I am a life long Iggles fan and I refuse to get my hopes up only to have them shattered in a million pieces like seasons past.:)

ummm HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh I see you are serious sorry then in that case HA HA

I would rank the Eagles the 4th or 5th best team in PA

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Peen State
3. Bloomsberg
4. St. Joes Prep high school
5. The Iggels

Reactions: bmusser24
Honestly, had we not lost Macklin AND drafted the WR to replace "the slow guy" we might have a shot. Bradford is an upgrade IFFFFF he can stay healthy :) AND other than Seattle there are NO good teams in the NFC. So, we have a chance. On paper the Eagles are a better team than last year. Improvements at LB and DB. Again the WR issue is the big one!

Honestly, had we not lost Macklin AND drafted the WR to replace "the slow guy" we might have a shot. Bradford is an upgrade IFFFFF he can stay healthy :) AND other than Seattle there are NO good teams in the NFC. So, we have a chance. On paper the Eagles are a better team than last year. Improvements at LB and DB. Again the WR issue is the big one!

They've almost definitely improved on defense, but I think at best their offense is on par with last season - I think they improved at RB and declined at WR, the rest is about the same and that's if (a huge IF really) Bradford can manage to stay healthy, a feat he has yet to accomplish. The Eagles lost to 6 different NFC teams last season, so I guess you're thinking that 5 of those 6, with the exception of Seattle, are all going to be worse this season? I think the NFC East again comes down to the Eagles and Cowboys. For the rest of the NFC, you can't discount Green Bay and Arizona, along with Seattle and Dallas. Interestingly enough, one thing drafting Mariota would've done is bought Kelly another season, maybe 2, whereas now the Eagles had better make the playoffs and had better win at least 1 game in the playoffs. If they don't make the playoffs (a distinct possibility), then Kelly's seat will start to warm up.

No other good teams? I guess the Packers are a bunch of scrubs then? Also the Panthers, Lions, Cowboys and Cardinals were all better than the Eagles last season.

No other good teams? I guess the Packers are a bunch of scrubs then? Also the Panthers, Lions, Cowboys and Cardinals were all better than the Eagles last season.

I'll give you the Packers. But NOT the other teams. Point is that the Eagles (avoiding injuries) will have a shot AND I expect they will be favored to win the NFC East. Dallas REALLY needs a RB !

I'll give you the Packers. But NOT the other teams. Point is that the Eagles (avoiding injuries) will have a shot AND I expect they will be favored to win the NFC East. Dallas REALLY needs a RB !
if gregory stays sane, dallas has an outstanding draft going.

Don't underestimate the difficulty for all these new players to gel and learn Kelly's system. He turned over a ton of key players in the same year. There's a reason you never see that in the NFL.

Don't underestimate the difficulty for all these new players to gel and learn Kelly's system. He turned over a ton of key players in the same year. There's a reason you never see that in the NFL.

Point taken, but I "really" think the Eagles can compete (health a big question). But, my optimism is more about the "quality" or lack of "quality" from the competition. If I were rating the teams in the NFC - Seattle would be a 9, Packers 8.5 and the Eagles (plus 3-4 other teams) an 8. So the Eagles do have a "chance" :)

Point taken, but I "really" think the Eagles can compete (health a big question). But, my optimism is more about the "quality" or lack of "quality" from the competition. If I were rating the teams in the NFC - Seattle would be a 9, Packers 8.5 and the Eagles (plus 3-4 other teams) an 8. So the Eagles do have a "chance" :)

Yes and the Eagles have a very easy schedule this year.

The Eagles and their legendary fans are a bad loss or two away from an all out mutiny. Three vets already know they were offered for Mariota and Sanchez just took a shot at Tebow telling a reporter he is only there to throw practice balls because Bradford can't yet. This is a far cry from Andy's "team". Kelly's system will wear out the defense. I know he tried to fix that with the influx of youth in the draft but they are rookies. Very fragile is about the best I can say.

Well, not so sure about "players" being mentioned in trades and how they "feel". But, it is a business and everyone, players included, get that. Only fans think there is some kind of "team" loyalty when it is ALL about the pay check. Not sure if there are more than 2-3 players on ANY team that has a "career" with the same team. EVERY player is valued as just that nothing more. I am not a Chip Kelly fan, at least not yet, but he was hired to run the team, that is all.

eagles need to get rid of Kelly he was "OWNED" in the draft. He gave away a 2nd and 4th rd pick for someone that was going to be released the following weekend (per ray dittinger) and who isn't healthy enough to play (probably ever). Tebow/Sanchez/Barkley isn't going to get it done.

No offensive linemen drafted in two years at Philly. They lost some OL this offseason. Chip seems to overlook that very important part of the offense....protecting your QB and opening holes for your RB's. We'll see how that goes with six undrafted free agents.....

Chips draft was a disaster, I get they need corners but 3 of the 6 picks? Dallas is going to run away with that division this year

Chips draft was a disaster, I get they need corners but 3 of the 6 picks? Dallas is going to run away with that division this year

How could that be since Dallas has no one to run the ball, I think he went to Phila :) maybe you meant pass away that division this year? Typo?

How could that be since Dallas has no one to run the ball, I think he went to Phila :) maybe you meant pass away that division this year? Typo?

Right now I will put it on record that Darren McFadden will win comeback player of the year this year. Now is he going to put up the numbers Murray did last year? No Way! but I definitely think that McFadden runs for 1100-1200 yds and 8-10 TD's. He's never had a line or QB or ANYTHING around him his whole career in Oakland, let's see how he does behind the best o-line in football with a qb like romo and weapons like Dez and Witten around him

ADVERTISEMENT