ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what’s going to happen to Bayless? Does the injury to Zhaire
increase his likelihood of remaining a Sixer? Can they get anything in a trade, or will he just be released? Is there another shoe to drop on the trade front?

Even with Smith out Bayless has to go. This was a horrible pick up for the Sixers. I cringe when he enters the game. Can't believe a guy with his talent or lack of got that kind of money. Wow

Reactions: Nitwit
OZB9RbXdv9khzK6VJqTHQK8dzuzLvQTE4C5DOThqNH8.jpg

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...e-White-Game-visitor-list-120981519#963393_10

Markelle Fultz was at the 2015 Blue White game. Crazy.

MARKELLE FULTZ
8600158.JPG

WHAT? Yes, that is in fact Markelle Fultz, the Maryland high school basketball standout who played one season (2016-17) at Washington before becoming the first overall pick (by Philadelphia) in the 2017 NBA Draft. He made a visit to PSU in 2015 and spent time talking to Lion hoops coach Pat Chambers. Wonder if they were discussing his jump shot. Fultz was 16 here.

SLIDE

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...e-White-Game-visitor-list-120981519#963393_10

Markelle Fultz was at the 2015 Blue White game. Crazy.

MARKELLE FULTZ
8600158.JPG

WHAT? Yes, that is in fact Markelle Fultz, the Maryland high school basketball standout who played one season (2016-17) at Washington before becoming the first overall pick (by Philadelphia) in the 2017 NBA Draft. He made a visit to PSU in 2015 and spent time talking to Lion hoops coach Pat Chambers. Wonder if they were discussing his jump shot. Fultz was 16 here.

SLIDE
Can you imagine?

Reactions: Kmase21
On a concerning note, the decision making by committee model does not seem to be going over well with GM candidates.

I saw that. But I'm not so concerned. First, Brown knows what he's doing enough to get by. And I think any GM has to run decisions by at least the owner, if not a group of owners / other decision makers. The Sixers have expanded their Analytics and Sports Science departments. I'm sure any GM would need to get info from those areas as well as the salary cap guru before making moves.

Elton Brand???

CLICK HERE

While it was reported that Brand had interviewed, it seemed that Justin Zanik and Gersson Rosas were the frontrunners. Perhaps it will work out well; only time will tell. I would have thought that in terms of relationships with other GMs, relationships with agents, etc., that Zanik and Rosas would have had an advantage over Brand or the other in-house candidates the Sixers considered.

This is a two steps back and maybe a step forward situation. The Sixers where an V8 engine team firing on 7 cylinders last year, doubt this makes the extra cylinder fire. Great dude and has put some time in the he front office. How will he respond when the phone rings at the last day of the trading period?

Decision by committee does keep ego somewhat out of the picture, but who the hell wants a mouth-piece title if you can not call the shots?

That J is smoooooooth as silk now .... Thing of beauty

Uhm, I guess the fact the ball is going into the hoop now is good, but if that's his real form I don't see how he's going to get it off against a defender. He's basically shooting a free throw.

I've followed Elton Brand since he was a high school recruit; he's a sharp guy. Give him a fair chance.

Colangelo was an experienced GM and all he did was burn through the assets that Hinkie accumulated with bad deal after bad deal. Brand has experienced people all around him. Have to give it a chance. We're much better off with Elton Brand vs. Big Collar Brand.

Uhm, I guess the fact the ball is going into the hoop now is good, but if that's his real form I don't see how he's going to get it off against a defender. He's basically shooting a free throw.

Ummm you are basing that off watching him shoot jumpers ... How about give him a chance and see how he does against competition before criticizing him ... By all accounts from many people involved in the nba he has looked excellent

Colangelo was an experienced GM and all he did was burn through the assets that Hinkie accumulated with bad deal after bad deal. Brand has experienced people all around him. Have to give it a chance. We're much better off with Elton Brand vs. Big Collar Brand.

Ugh, even if Fulz becom

Ha! Perfect.

I was overjoyed when BC made the move to get Fulz #1 as I thought there was no way he was getting past the Lakers and didn't want any part of Ball. Nothing would make me happier then Fulz coming back as the playmaker everyone thought he would be. I'm just commenting on what I see in the video. I hope I'm wrong and if I am I'll be the first to admit it! Getting stoked for 10/1.

Ummm you are basing that off watching him shoot jumpers ... How about give him a chance and see how he does against competition before criticizing him ... By all accounts from many people involved in the nba he has looked excellent
agree we should wait, but practice jumpers are simply a different animal. I used to play with several NBA players in pick up games in Akron back in the 80s. These guys would hit in the 90% range when not covered. Darnell Valentine was one of them. Dick Vitale called him the best college point guard he had ever seen. He was drafted 18th and played four years at Kansas. He got cut from the NBA because he couldn't develop a jump shot. But on the practice floor with crappy players like me, the guy could hit 80% and not break a sweat. Its different when you have a 6-6 guy covering you and 20,000 people screaming (one of them being your coach).

Reactions: LionJim
He's looking almost exactly like Steph Curry. That's all the rage now, quick release after bringing the ball no higher than your forehead. Back in the day, you'd have Oscar bringing the ball above his head:

1_R7AhmOouViz6W456qgu3EQ.0.png

Lou Hudson was the same, beautiful shot from high above his head, go to :25.

That's gone now, the emphasis is on getting the shot off quickly. The star example of an old-time player with a modern jump shot is Jerry West.

Last edited:
Fultz didn't look bad last night watching the game. Free throws were smooth. Fans booed the $hit out of Bayless. He hasn't gotten any better and needs to go. Sixers should be tough IF we stay healthy.

Reactions: bwifan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT