ADVERTISEMENT

Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke.

Zach Lowe, ESPN:

Philadelphia's potential package of Robert Covington, Dario Saric, and the Heat's unprotected 2021 pick didn't move the needle. It's unclear if the Spurs had interest in Markelle Fultz; the two sides never discussed him seriously, and the Sixers would not have parted with him, sources say. The Spurs made it clear any deal with Philly would require Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid (likely Simmons), and the Sixers weren't going anywhere near that, league sources say.

Talks with Boston and Philly stalled weeks ago. There was no frenzied last call Monday or Tuesday.

Ben got a kick out of this....

FXxcbnH.jpg

They need his outside shooting.
KK is 37 years old. He has a great, quick shot but is a liability on defense. Cavs would drop him and get Bayless to prepare themselves for next year’s Free Agent sweepstakes. I guess the sixes would get a really pro to assist in being a player-coach and a great locker room presence for the young sixes. I honestly don’t see this happening. I don’t see the upside for the Sixers.

KK is 37 years old. He has a great, quick shot but is a liability on defense. Cavs would drop him and get Bayless to prepare themselves for next year’s Free Agent sweepstakes. I guess the sixes would get a really pro to assist in being a player-coach and a great locker room presence for the young sixes. I honestly don’t see this happening. I don’t see the upside for the Sixers.
Bayless isn 't that good. Not a lot of upside for the Cavs.
What is the incentive for a big FA to go to Cleveland next year?

Korver shot almost 44% from 3 last year. We wouldn't need much from him. Give us 15 minutes a night.

Cavs just have to get the #1 pick 3 times in 4 years like they did a couple of years ago. Easy peasy.

It is a HUGE FA group next year. Of course, the glamour cities will get their targets but the secondary cities can sign the next wave of players. For the Cavs, if they can dump Korver’s contract and then Bayless salarie comes off, they will save $15m on the cap next year and the year after.

I am afraid it is back to the same old horrible NBA team with LBJ gone. NBA is clearly a glamour city league. You can rise, but won’t stay for long, if you aren’t in a glam city. I see Simmons, for example, is creating a lot of connections in LA. But PHilly is a hell of a lot better NBA city than CLE so we’ll see.

Korver shot almost 44% from 3 last year. We wouldn't need much from him. Give us 15 minutes a night.

Cavs just have to get the #1 pick 3 times in 4 years like they did a couple of years ago. Easy peasy.
He’s 37. How many guys in the NBA are anything more than role players at that age in the NBA? $15m for two years? Not massive by NBA standards but he won’t be a big contributor in big games. He just can’t defend. But he’s a great guy on the bench and in the locker room.

Reactions: LionJim
Bayless played in 42 games in 2 seasons. He's a NBA journeyman with a history of injuries. Korver still plays at a high level despite his age.

That $9million Bayless contract is bogus and needs to go.

It is a HUGE FA group next year. Of course, the glamour cities will get their targets but the secondary cities can sign the next wave of players. For the Cavs, if they can dump Korver’s contract and then Bayless salarie comes off, they will save $15m on the cap next year and the year after.

I am afraid it is back to the same old horrible NBA team with LBJ gone. NBA is clearly a glamour city league. You can rise, but won’t stay for long, if you aren’t in a glam city. I see Simmons, for example, is creating a lot of connections in LA. But PHilly is a hell of a lot better NBA city than CLE so we’ll see.
I've thought Cleveland's done really well. To lose LeBron only to get a championship down the road is a wonderful story, for the fans as well as the franchise.

Bayless played in 42 games in 2 seasons. He's a NBA journeyman with a history of injuries. Korver still plays at a high level despite his age.

That $9million Bayless contract is bogus and needs to go.
Korver's work ethic off the court is up there with Saquon's, but he's fading. He'll get an opportunity to refute my argument that he's reached the end of his career and I would be delighted to eat my crow right here on the McAndrew board if that's what's got to get done.

Sixers ship Holmes to suns for $1 million and sign Bolden to 4 year deal

Bolden must be happy. Had to back up the vets on Tel Aviv and was forced to sit during the league playoffs due to rules on foreigners. He came into the Summer league kind of cold and didnt really hit his stride.

I've thought Cleveland's done really well. To lose LeBron only to get a championship down the road is a wonderful story, for the fans as well as the franchise.

Agree...the city, for the most part, is happy and is OK with James leaving (again). The point is that a city like CLE simply cannot compete in the NBA without getting lucky. James, being local and getting him in the draft, is simply luck. Even at that, He never committed to a long term contract (making it harder to sign FAs) and left twice. The pro leagues are all about image and personal advancement. It’s not cool to be in CLE...even compared to KC, Pitt or Green Bay.

I tell my friends in LA and NY, winning a championship in CLE is like winning five in those cities. having said that, Tribe looking good (with Tito at the helm) and just made an awesome trade to get two pitchers (one all star) from the Padres.

Easy, anyone who thinks Kawhi is gonna give it his all in Toronto is nuts
I have no idea what to expect. I’m not ready to agree with you but wouldn’t be too surprised if that turns out to be the case. Strange story. I looked at him as being the ultimate team player and just can’t understand wtf happened.

Easy, anyone who thinks Kawhi is gonna give it his all in Toronto is nuts

Spike Eskin, who as station manager (or whatever), of WIP has some good Sixers contacts, said on his podcast that Brett and Sixers didn't think they could get Kawhi to stay so they didn't make any real offers for him. He is off to LA next offseason.

Has anyone seen or heard anything about Ben Simmons other than his dates with The Kardashian? I’m seeing all these videos of Joel in gyms playing with Tatum hard, Fultz working out, Donovan Mitchell, etc. Nothing at all on Ben. Not saying he has to show anyone any workouts he’s doing, just seems odd. Simmons is a consistent jumpshot away from dominating the NBA.

I heard he didn’t hire a shooting coach and said he’ll just work on his shot (how true that is I don’t know). Young talent with money is always a scary thing. When that young talent gets hooked up with a talentless attention seeking train wreck of a family I get worried.

Reactions: Kmase21
Has anyone seen or heard anything about Ben Simmons other than his dates with The Kardashian? I’m seeing all these videos of Joel in gyms playing with Tatum hard, Fultz working out, Donovan Mitchell, etc. Nothing at all on Ben. Not saying he has to show anyone any workouts he’s doing, just seems odd. Simmons is a consistent jumpshot away from dominating the NBA.

I heard he didn’t hire a shooting coach and said he’ll just work on his shot (how true that is I don’t know). Young talent with money is always a scary thing. When that young talent gets hooked up with a talentless attention seeking train wreck of a family I get worried.

Reactions: jmorovich
Spike Eskin, who as station manager (or whatever), of WIP has some good Sixers contacts, said on his podcast that Brett and Sixers didn't think they could get Kawhi to stay so they didn't make any real offers for him. He is off to LA next offseason.

Spike Eskin? That family is a big reason why I stopped listening to their station. F them, always been PSU haters.

Reactions: whart and Kmase21

Hope so.... When he worked out like a machine last off season with LBJ and Wade LeBron told Ben he could be better than him but he couldnt skip any of the steps. Meaning always working like mad on your weakest part of your game with strength and conditioning and correct diet and sleep including in the off season. Not spending all day in bed with a Kardashian

Hope so.... When he worked out like a machine last off season with LBJ and Wade LeBron told Ben he could be better than him but he couldnt skip any of the steps. Meaning always working like mad on your weakest part of your game with strength and conditioning and correct diet and sleep including in the off season. Not spending all day in bed with a Kardashian
Shooting coach=best investment of time for any player. It is really not that difficult to improve your shooting if you work at it and the time you spend with a coach is absolutely worth it; you will improve.

If he hasn’t hired a shooting coach the only appropriate response is “Whyever not?”

The Eskins just make it up half the time. The reality is that there was no package that would make sense for the sixers. The spurs won that trade big time.

Reactions: mrtailgate
I have no idea what to expect. I’m not ready to agree with you but wouldn’t be too surprised if that turns out to be the case. Strange story. I looked at him as being the ultimate team player and just can’t understand wtf happened.
What happened is he got low balled on his shoe deal and then he got mad when his teammates (and pop condoning) talked smack about his injury. Those two made him want to go home to LA.

See ya, a-hole.

Yet the past few months, Jerry Colangelo has been stuck in a precarious personal position. He has had to watch his son, Bryan, endure an embarrassing situation in which he resigned as president of basketball operations with the Philadelphia 76ers following revelations that Bryan Colangelo’s wife, Barbara, had been operating fake Twitter accounts on his behalf.

“I haven’t made any public comments about what transpired,” Jerry Colangelo said. “I don’t think it would be appropriate. It’s a very difficult summer for him, and his family.”

In discussing the situation, Colangelo termed his own tenure in Philadelphia — with which he served as a special adviser — as over, before clarifying that it is “over at the end of the year.”

A league source confirmed that account. While Colangelo is under contract through the end of this calendar year, and the 76ers will be honoring that contract, it won’t be renewed. It is an awkward ending to what was one of the stranger stories in recent NBA memory.

Reactions: bmw199
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT