ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Steele has Hack as #1 Draft eligible QB

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
Steele has Hack ahead of Cook, the OSU 3, Kessler and several other high profile QBs. Then if you go to Phil's all BIG team, he has Hack 3rd team.

doesn't this seem a little inconsistent?

when was the last time the #1 QB picked in the NFL draft was NOT in NY for the Heisman awards? that seems to be what Phil Steele is saying. Hack will go near #1 in the draft, but be an also ran in his own conference as a QB.

This carp plays to multiple audiences. One is smart like you and the other stupid like say the Michigan or Ohio State fan base.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

The Heisman is all about name recognition, stats, and winning. You have to have all three to win the Heisman. There is not much (if any) credit given to a player with great potential but playing on a mediocre team. The NFL doesn't care as much about those three, as it does measurables.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
CFB and the NFL are very different. You can be a great CFB QB and a Heisman winner and never make it in the NFL as a QB. Look at Tim Tebow, Vince Young, and Troy Smith. Then look at Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Eli Manning. You could be the best NFL prospect but not the best player in CFB. What it takes to be the best CFB player and what it takes to be the best NFL prospect are two different things.

Steele has Hack ahead of Cook, the OSU 3, Kessler and several other high profile QBs. Then if you go to Phil's all BIG team, he has Hack 3rd team.

when was the last time the #1 QB picked in the NFL draft was NOT in NY for the Heisman awards? that seems to be what Phil Steele is saying. Hack will go near #1 in the draft, but be an also ran in his own conference as a QB.

I agree that it seems inconsistent, but not necessarily on Phil Steele's part. He could be expressing the highly likely possibility that the B1G writers and coaches see Hack as only third best in the conference, but the first NFL team looking for a QB sees him as the best option nationally.

I don't see it as inconsistent at all. We all know Hack's POTENTIAL is off the charts. But based on his performance last year it's hard to argue he's the best QB in the B1G. If the OL can give him a little protection, if receivers get open, if running backs play well enough to make play action work, THEN Hack can be All-B1G by season's end. No need to give him the trophy now.

I agree that it seems inconsistent, but not necessarily on Phil Steele's part. He could be expressing the highly likely possibility that the B1G writers and coaches see Hack as only third best in the conference, but the first NFL team looking for a QB sees him as the best option nationally.

one of the BTN guys had Hack as 4th best in the league. that perception is hard to overcome absent an incredible turn-around by the line (giving Hack time to do what he does best) and a 10 win season (which would follow). Hey, any guy who throws for over 3,000 yards while spending more time on his back than a cheap hooker is alright in my book. His big payday is coming... and i hope it comes on the heels of a great season!

Reactions: Option Bob
ADVERTISEMENT