Perfect example of how Biden gets things done.

1Hammers1

Jan 26, 2014
Throw money at something with no leadership and no plan. I propose every teacher gets an electric pick up truck with a charger in an assigned parking spot. That will prevent covid.
Localy we are now giving a 500k great for a weed farm. When will reality hit.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Throw money at something with no leadership and no plan. I propose every teacher gets an electric pick up truck with a charger in an assigned parking spot. That will prevent covid.

The left thinks "governance" is spending money. You know, GOVERNMENT SPENDING is happiness.

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
Thank you, President Biden.

Again libs burn their house down from sheer incompetence and then try to get hero status for their use of a hose.

And 70,000 tons! Wow- that’s a lot of formula!

FTXlv6OXwAE4OND

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Only you and your ilk would thank a Democratic politician for ignoring a looming problem until it blows up, creating a huge issue for the American people, then wasting American resources and capital to solve the issue that could have been avoided in the first place.
Well he is an idiot.

Reactions: 1Hammers1

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Only you and your ilk would thank a Democratic politician for ignoring a looming problem until it blows up, creating a huge issue for the American people, then wasting American resources and capital to solve the issue that could have been avoided in the first place.
He neither created nor ignored the problem. Now get back to spanking it ... :cool:

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001
He neither created nor ignored the problem. Now get back to spanking it ... :cool:

And once again you demonstrate perfectly how the left and those of your ilk work. You make a statement with no factual backing and resort to insults instead of addressing the issue.

Yes, this problem was created under his administration as the FDA was allowed to close the plant when there was no factual evidence of causality.

Yes, this problem was ignored as the administration had no plan in place for the oncoming disruption of supply due to the plant being closed down. Their response to the solution has been completely reactionary, equivalent to closing the barn door after the horse has got out.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Laughing stock has reached a new low. Giving Biden credit for complete incompetence. This delivery won't put a dent in supplies. What an ignorant tool.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
And once again you demonstrate perfectly how the left and those of your ilk work. You make a statement with no factual backing and resort to insults instead of addressing the issue.

Yes, this problem was created under his administration as the FDA was allowed to close the plant when there was no factual evidence of causality.
That's pretty rich, Spankster. The FDA closed the Abbott Laboratories plant in Michigan? No evidence of causality? Who knew?!

Perhaps you should read the FDA's own news release on the matter. Here's the link:

As I have my doubts about your ability and/or willingness to actually educate yourself on this matter, I will make it easier for you. Set forth below is the portion of the linked FDA news release that is relevant to the issue of the Abbott Laboratories planet closure. See if you can find the part in there about Abbott voluntarily closing down the plant itself. Or the part about Abbott instituting a voluntary recall of contaminated baby formula prior to that.

"In the complaint, filed by the U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of the FDA, the government alleges that powdered infant formula products manufactured at Abbott Nutrition’s Sturgis facility were adulterated because they were made under insanitary conditions and in violation of current good manufacturing practice requirements. On Jan. 31, the FDA commenced a for-cause inspection and identified Cronobacter sakazakii, a bacterium that can potentially cause severe foodborne illness primarily in infants, in the facility and observed significant operational deficiencies. While the agency’s inspection was ongoing, Abbott Nutrition voluntarily recalled certain powdered infant formula products and voluntarily shut down its facility to implement corrective actions that address issues raised by the FDA."

Last edited:

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
That's pretty rich, Spankster. The FDA closed the Abbott Laboratories plant in Michigan? No evidence of causality? Who knew?!

Perhaps you should read the FDA's own news release on the matter. Here's the link:

As I have my doubts about your ability and/or willingness to actually educate yourself on this matter, I will make it easier for you. Set forth below is the portion of the linked FDA news release that is relevant to the issue of the Abbott Laboratories planet closure. See if you can find the part in there about Abbott voluntarily closing down the plant itself. Or the part about Abbott instituting a voluntary recall of contaminated baby formula prior to that.

"In the complaint, filed by the U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of the FDA, the government alleges that powdered infant formula products manufactured at Abbott Nutrition’s Sturgis facility were adulterated because they were made under insanitary conditions and in violation of current good manufacturing practice requirements. On Jan. 31, the FDA commenced a for-cause inspection and identified Cronobacter sakazakii, a bacterium that can potentially cause severe foodborne illness primarily in infants, in the facility and observed significant operational deficiencies. While the agency’s inspection was ongoing, Abbott Nutrition voluntarily recalled certain powdered infant formula products and voluntarily shut down its facility to implement corrective actions that address issues raised by the FDA."
Is the FDA going to shut down the JM Smucker plant in Lexington KY and self-create another supply chain issue? Apparently there were some bad batches of JIF peanut butter with "potential salmonella"

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
"Voluntarily"

Yeah, that's a "quit or you're fired" situation.

That release also says there is no formula shortage

While some data suppliers have reported lower in-stock rates, the most complete data sets available from IRI are showing nearly 80% in-stock rates at the week ending May 8. This means that if a local supermarket normally carries 50 different infant formula products, an 80% in-stock rate would translate to 40 of those 50 product types being available.

Ski

May 29, 2001
Again libs burn their house down from sheer incompetence and then try to get hero status for their use of a hose.

And 70,000 tons! Wow- that’s a lot of formula!

FTXlv6OXwAE4OND

Wow! 140,000,000 pounds of formula. I wonder what aircraft was able to take off with that load? He must have chartered the Democrat unicorn for that flight.

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001

4 million babies born per year in the US; 20% of the market; so out of 800K, 4 babies got sick and 2 died. 1 batch of formula powder was found to have the bacterium. This is not a causality link, no matter how you want to phrase it.

Furthermore, from just a little bit of research:

The FDA notes... [the deaths] have not been confirmed to be solely attributable to Cronobacter infection.

Reactions: m.knox

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Remember how the dems said this money was needed so schools could reopen safely? He knew better. In fact we all knew better except for the lemmings.

Reactions: Hotshoe

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Our local school district is screwing taxpayers over with this. They show no state or local money for major capital projects this coming year because it's all covered by federal grants. But our taxes aren't reduced. They used the windfall to increase spending in other areas. That's dishonest.

Here's the bigger problem. The increases are not one time events. We'll be paying for them year after year with no federal grants to offset the cost.

Reactions: WeR0206

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It's hilarious how desperate they've become. Now, Biden is the savior of baby formula. Lmao.

LOL... They are desperate for something remotely positive. That's how bad Biden is.

Petch

Mar 28, 2012
I'd be smarter than you even after having a lobotomy. That's just a fact, Hermster.
So you’re saying you’d be smarter than m.knox even after he had a lobotomy? Doubtful, but keep reaching for the stars, Laffy!

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Is the FDA going to shut down the JM Smucker plant in Lexington KY and self-create another supply chain issue? Apparently there were some bad batches of JIF peanut butter with "potential salmonella"
I got that notice today---for Peanut butter I sold in ---NOVEMBER

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Wow! 140,000,000 pounds of formula. I wonder what aircraft was able to take off with that load? He must have chartered the Democrat unicorn for that flight.
Right if anything proves he's a moron its that. I would think 140 million pounds would cover us for a long period of time.

Reactions: Hotshoe

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016

At least the FDA cleared Lucky Charms of giving people GI illnesses

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
That shipment isn't hitting store shelves. It's a special formula going to hospitals and care centers for babies that cannot use regular formula.

Reactions: jjw165

Latest posts