ADVERTISEMENT

Pensacola area residents

nittanyfan333

Aug 30, 2010
I'm coming that way for a month for some training. Plan is to stay on the Alabama side, in Elberta and find places to hunt hogs on the weekends, but i'm open to good places to eat and cool spots to visit in the greater area if anyone has any ideas.

I'm coming that way for a month for some training. Plan is to stay on the Alabama side, in Elberta and find places to hunt hogs on the weekends, but i'm open to good places to eat and cool spots to visit in the greater area if anyone has any ideas.
Perhaps you can visit Pennsacola Naval Air Station? I believe they have a naval aviation museum there. Not sure of its size.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Perhaps you can visit Pennsacola Naval Air Station? I believe they have a naval aviation museum there. Not sure of its size.

Museum is pretty good sized and they have ex Navy Pilots conducting tours multiple times a day. At least they did last time I was there but that was in the mid 90s.

Museum is pretty good sized and they have ex Navy Pilots conducting tours multiple times a day. At least they did last time I was there but that was in the mid 90s.
It is a pretty good museum. I was there several times in the late 90s - early 2000s. The NAS is nice. I believe that I also golfed there a few times. Right outside of base is questionable but there are some good bars and restaurants a little further away. I remember Seville Quarter and McGuires Irish Pub as two places recommended by the locals.

McGuire's Irish Pub in Pensacola is a great place to eat. Best Pork Chops I've ever had.

Reactions: nittanyfan333
Staying on the Alabama side looking for hogs? Check out any pub you want on a Fri or Sat nite around 11, you will have your pick!

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT