ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State's Sean Clifford is launching his own agency named Limitless-NIL

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
This is interesting. "Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford is launching an agency this week to represent college athletes and help them maximize their opportunities under the NCAA's new name, image and likeness legislation."

This is a crazy development. How comfortable would you be as a head coach knowing your TE was represented by Penn State's QB? Talk about opportunities to poach players. Also, if I was James Franklin I wouldn't be wild about this. I mean Clifford throws into double coverage a lot, but how about when he does it to a WR he represents instead of throwing to the guy that was open that he does not represent. Can of worms squared.

NIL is here to stay and I like the idea of students having more control over their options. He only has one more season, so I don’t see it ballooning into other schools athletes too much. I wonder about the random UK kid- what is their connection. If it helps the students, and it could turn into a career for Cliff, then I like it.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
NIL is here to stay and I like the idea of students having more control over their options. He only has one more season, so I don’t see it ballooning into other schools athletes too much. I wonder about the random UK kid- what is their connection. If it helps the students, and it could turn into a career for Cliff, then I like it.
I bet he always keep an active player on the payroll after he moves on. It would be a wise move. Stay engaged with the current players, and not have an expensive employee. It is what I would do.

'Limitless' NIL? I suspect there are significant limits to this organization's resources at this early date. I think it is mostly a business play targeting after he graduates. Any signees this year help form a foundation for bigger things later. Good for him, just IMO, not much to see here.

This is interesting. "Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford is launching an agency this week to represent college athletes and help them maximize their opportunities under the NCAA's new name, image and likeness legislation."

6th year, light class load, a bit of inside insight ….. probably a smart move to launch his business career. It’s not like he’s going to be playing games on weekends after 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT