Penn Stater Magazine

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I just received the latest edition in the mail (one of the few things that comes in the mail). This edition is dedicated to BLM and racial injustice.

I've only read one article so far. It was an African American law student. Nice photo and she seems decent enough but I was put off by her comment that "Before going to law school, you know that the laws are skewed for a certain demographic". IMO that's and easy generalization with no specifics. I know about a number of laws specifically written to avoid racism. I'm not aware of any racist laws. Until somebody can point out a specific racist law that they think needs to be changed I call B.S. on these types of comments.

Then she goes on to say "It's very scary and infuriating seeing masked police officers using tear gas and pepper spray - forces that are there to use violence against you just for trying to speak your mind and say black lives matter". Again I call B.S. I've seen plenty of police protecting the rights of protesters, but also trying to make sure that the crowd doesn't block traffic or become disrupt businesses. I've never seen police using pepper spray on a peaceful protest, especially if they obey the rules.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I just received the latest edition in the mail (one of the few things that comes in the mail). This edition is dedicated to BLM and racial injustice.

I've only read one article so far. It was an African American law student. Nice photo and she seems decent enough but I was put off by her comment that "Before going to law school, you know that the laws are skewed for a certain demographic". IMO that's and easy generalization with no specifics. I know about a number of laws specifically written to avoid racism. I'm not aware of any racist laws. Until somebody can point out a specific racist law that they think needs to be changed I call B.S. on these types of comments.

Then she goes on to say "It's very scary and infuriating seeing masked police officers using tear gas and pepper spray - forces that are there to use violence against you just for trying to speak your mind and say black lives matter". Again I call B.S. I've seen plenty of police protecting the rights of protesters, but also trying to make sure that the crowd doesn't block traffic or become disrupt businesses. I've never seen police using pepper spray on a peaceful protest, especially if they obey the rules.
Pure emotion.

Then there is reality, "I'm just trying to speak my mind by throwing Molotov Cocktails at buildings..."

I'd offer her this in return.

https://www.city-journal.org/reflections-on-race-riots-and-police

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

Laws are skewed toward those who DON’T COMMIT CRIMES! We had over 800 injured officers and at LEAST a billion dollars in damage from riots, so pardon me if I don’t give a phuck if some people got ”scared” and “infuriated” by police officers in protective gear. Protective gear that they HAD to wear because lawless people were trying to kill them.

gjbankos

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2006

I saw the cover and threw it right into the recycle bin. Didn't even bother.

Reactions: bourbon n blues