ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State win last night not covered on espn.com men's basketball page.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
The score appears among other games at the top of the men's basketball page, but the game is not in the list of "Top Headlines" and is not among the articles featured on the page. We all know that espn sucks, but it's amazing that they can't/won't afford any coverage to this game. Penn State blew out the #8 team. Tosu now has two losses in-conference, both to Penn State. Tosu was one of just two D1 teams that had not lost a road game. All of that, and espn acts like it didn't happen.

Ridiculous. Still, big win for Penn State. F*ck everyone.

I noticed that, too. They made passing mention in a different article to spin it as though any win over tOSU by our guys was a remarkable anomaly. Nevermind, the real story, that we actually dominated from the jump

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I'm not surprised. Lots of upsets last night with Cincy, Purdue, and St. Mary's all losing. We did show up on the ESPN Bubble Watch today (though still left off the one that Eamonn Brennan does at TheAthletic).

The score appears among other games at the top of the men's basketball page, but the game is not in the list of "Top Headlines" and is not
among the articles featured on the page. We all know that espn sucks, but it's amazing that they can't/won't afford any coverage to this game. Penn State blew out the #8 team. Tosu now has two losses in-conference, both to Penn State. Tosu was one of just two D1 teams that had not lost a road game. All of that, and espn acts like it didn't happen.

Please...... They are only ESPN.

The score appears among other games at the top of the men's basketball page, but the game is not in the list of "Top Headlines" and is not among the articles featured on the page. We all know that espn sucks, but it's amazing that they can't/won't afford any coverage to this game. Penn State blew out the #8 team. Tosu now has two losses in-conference, both to Penn State. Tosu was one of just two D1 teams that had not lost a road game. All of that, and espn acts like it didn't happen.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I kept waiting for it to turn up. The number 8 team in the country got beat by 23 and were down by 30 in the second half. that seems like a significant story to me.
I did see though that PSU is now 25th in the BPI ranking. Does anyone know if that ranking is utilized in the selection process at all? The team has come together and are playing incredibly well. They really could beat anyone in the big right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: francofan
I did see though that PSU is now 25th in the BPI ranking. Does anyone know if that is something that ranking is utilized in the selection process at all?

It's available to them on the team sheets. While not the primary rating that's used, our inclusion into the field will really be impacted by how much the committee values the BPI/kenpom/sagarin vs. the RPI and non-conf performance.

It's available to them on the team sheets. While not the primary rating that's used, our inclusion into the field will really be impacted by how much the committee values the BPI/kenpom/sagarin vs. the RPI and non-conf performance.
On the BPI they are 25th and on the RPI they're 70th. What a difference. I tend to think at this point, and after what they did last night, there is no way there are 69 teams better than them. I'm certainly hoping the BPI is given more credibility with the committee, but I guess we'll see.

On the BPI they are 25th and on the RPI they're 70th. What a difference. I tend to think at this point, and after what they did last night, there is no way there are 69 teams better than them. I'm certainly hoping the BPI is given more credibility with the committee, but I guess we'll see.
There aren't 69 better teams. But in the eyes of the RPI, winning by 1 last night is the same as winning by 23. And our non-conference schedule is the anchor that's dragging down the RPI.

There aren't 69 better teams. But in the eyes of the RPI, winning by 1 last night is the same as winning by 23. And our non-conference schedule is the anchor that's dragging down the RPI.

This. BPI & KenPom for example take account other factors such as how much you win or lose by. I believe BPI also takes account Reaves being out of lineup but I could be wrong. So the fact that we've had multiple blowouts of teams and all close losses actually helps.

ESPIN is in full attack mode as the interim MSU Pres. has challenged their cherished tradition as the World Wide leader in Yellow Journalsim.

Can we go 2-1 in the next three? If we do, I don’t see how they leave us out?

ESPN blows. We're smack in the middle of the Winter Olympics with a plethora of events going on and they saturate their front page with the NBA celebrity game. Wow! Do I really give a shit about Bubba Watson playing hoops?

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT