ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Purdue predictions

As we can all surmise, if PSU gets better than expected OL and LB play, they should win. If not, we know what the outcome will be.

What we have so far:
Those predicting a Purdue victory:

Delcolion915

Cincinnati Kid

Wallace Breen

sss

BBHorn86

mediaexpert

Those predicting a Penn State victory:

PSU Soupy

bison13

Hugh Laurie

knickslions

SLion

The Spin Meister

LafayetteBear

Ian

Obliviax

NittanyPirate

psualt

GregInPitt

wolve1972

MacNit07

EMCLION

MWes11

ryoder1

Woodpecker

I didn't include those who didn't make an overt prediction. Please note any errors/necessary corrections and, for those who are willing to go on record one way or the other, let us know.
I'm back; anybody else?

Wallace and Delco oh where are you???? Freaking scoreboard.
I think the one has been put on a time out. Coach Wally will return to tell us precisely how the square pegs struggled with the round holes.....it's all in the metrics you see.

Not to toot my own horn......Ok maybe a little. I predicted PSU 34-27....thought that we would miss a PAT and did not see the pick six happening........ Call my 800 number for the Ohio U pick on 1 800 SUCKERS

I hope Delco didn't jump off a bridge or move out of the country.

It's just a football game, right?

But today is the 2nd of September....
They ain't showing. They were dying for PSU to lose. They are not fans in any way. Now they have their hopes set desperately on an Auburn loss and pray to God the team performs poorly. Should be banned from this board.

Reactions: GregInPitt
They ain't showing. They were dying for PSU to lose. They are not fans in any way. Now they have their hopes set desperately on an Auburn loss and pray to God the team performs poorly. Should be banned from this board.
They ain't showing because they are living rent-free in your head. You couldn't ignore them while they were here and you can't ignore them when they are gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Disliking the coach is one thing. Criticizing the kind of kids PSU recruits is quite another issue.
It begs the question...why do you consider yourself a fan....don't like the coach....the players....and you pull for the team to lose.
They ain't showing because they are living rent-free in your head. You couldn't ignore them while they were here and you can't ignore them when they are gone.
I'll admit I miss them. They amuse me.

Last edited:
Defensively, our best hope is to rely on our superior athletics to hold up in the back end allowing the ends to do their job. However, Diaz likely lacks the ability to use such a strategy and we will go at the QB early and often from all angles leading to an early lead and a late collapse as Brohm adjusts.

Offensively, We need to consistently move the chains to keep Purdue off the field. However, we don't do that. We rely exclusively on explosive plays. We get out to an early lead and a late collapse as MY does his thing.

Two results, either we are in a nail biter into the fourth and the better coach wins (Not CJF) in a close one, or we get up early, Purdue catches up and Franklin and company do something stupid out of desperation and Purdue pulls ahead winning by a couple of scores. Going with the later where it is anyone's game in the last five minutes.

Purdue 37
Penn State 34
Poor Coach Wally. He's playing with his own metrics and trying to stick that round object into square holes!
9 years and 3 games!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT