ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State vs Ohio State set for Big Noon Kickoff

Douchebag Gus Johnson

He’s the football version of Dick Vitale.

At first his style was over the top but new and different. Now, it’s just annoying.

I wonder how much time during the Penn State vs Ohio State game he’ll be shilling for Colorado?

I know Franklin WANTED to in 17...
Both teams have to agree to it, which is why UCLA and USC do it.

IIIRC the only reason Franklin wanted to in 2017 is because OSU was wearing those stupid light grey uniforms and the colors were too similar. Still can't believe they lost that game.

871003318.jpg.0.jpg

He’s the football version of Dick Vitale.

At first his style was over the top but new and different. Now, it’s just annoying.

I wonder how much time during the Penn State vs Ohio State game he’ll be shilling for Colorado?
I’ve mentally cut him some slack. I saw an interview with him last year. I think it was on “Nittany Game Week” with TomBradley and JayPa. I recall Johnson stating, more or less, that he know he goes over the top but he can’t help his excitement.

I’ve mentally cut him some slack. I saw an interview with him last year. I think it was on “Nittany Game Week” with TomBradley and JayPa. I recall Johnson stating, more or less, that he know he goes over the top but he can’t help his excitement.
I remember hearing him on Bill Simmons' podcast about a decade ago, and came away thinking the same thing...he seemed like a genuinely good guy that just loves sports.

My one interaction with Dick Vitale was at the US Open tennis tournament 30+ years ago when I was a teenager. I went up to him, and he couldn't have been nicer, gave me a hug thanking me for being a fan, and was basically the same exact person I saw on TV every night...just full of energy at noon while walking around the Tennis Center.

Both teams have to agree to it, which is why UCLA and USC do it.

IIIRC the only reason Franklin wanted to in 2017 is because OSU was wearing those stupid light grey uniforms and the colors were too similar. Still can't believe they lost that game.

871003318.jpg.0.jpg
They are wearing the same ones this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT