ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State vs. Michigan (10/15) set for Noon

Three Thoughts:

1. Horrible time for fans, no matter what game the noon game is blah, IMO.
2. With that being said, fans shouldn't be as crazy at noon.
3. I believe AA is in the Central Time Zone which means it will be an 11 am start for our guys internal clock.

Three Thoughts:

3. I believe AA is in the Central Time Zone which means it will be an 11 am start for our guys internal clock.
Ann Arbor still is on Eastern time. I'm actually going to be there this weekend for my nephew's hockey tournament. We're going to see a Michigan hockey game at Yost Arena on Saturday night.

Ann Arbor still is on Eastern time. I'm actually going to be there this weekend for my nephew's hockey tournament. We're going to see a Michigan hockey game at Yost Arena on Saturday night.
Not a hostile environment, especially if we jump out quick. Was shocked how underwhelming that venue was, in '95, Kim Herring made a play and the place was silent for the rest of the day.

Yeah, the entire Big Ten East is in the Eastern Time Zone (as is Purdue from B10 West).

Reactions: NedFromYork
Not a hostile environment, especially if we jump out quick. Was shocked how underwhelming that venue was, in '95, Kim Herring made a play and the place was silent for the rest of the day.
I've only attended one game there, which was the 2002 PSU game that we lost in OT. Because there only is one level to the stadium and no roof, what noise there is escapes.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Not worried about the venue or environment, more worried about their OLine and running back and which Clifford shows up.
What's strange is that, save for 2020, our performances in that stadium under Franklin have been totally uncompetitive, whereas his teams for the most part have played competitive games at Ohio Stadium. This doesn't make sense because in Franklin's tenure, OSU has had much better teams than Michigan in most of those seasons, and Ohio Stadium is a much harder venue than Michigan Stadium.

I'm looking at 2 holding calls on the o-line.
2 PI 's
1 defensive holding
1 offensive PI or pick play
1 questionable off sides
Definitely 1 targeting with ejection.
I'm also looking for the holding penalty on Michigan when they have the ball at their own goal line just to show that they actually called something on them. This will be the make-up call for calling holding on PSU when we have the ball in the Red Zone.

I'm also looking for the holding penalty on Michigan when they have the ball at their own goal line just to show that they actually called something on them. This will be the make-up call for calling holding on PSU when we have the ball in the Red Zone.
Nah side line warning on Michigan.

What's strange is that, save for 2020, our performances in that stadium under Franklin have been totally uncompetitive, whereas his teams for the most part have played competitive games at Ohio Stadium. This doesn't make sense because in Franklin's tenure, OSU has had much better teams than Michigan in most of those seasons, and Ohio Stadium is a much harder venue than Michigan Stadium.
In '16 we had all those injuries on defense which created the rout. I know in '18 McSorely got hurt. This game will be competitive but very difficult for us to win. This noon start means the O$U game will start at noon as well. And I wonder if we can expect all of our games vs svUM and O$U to start at noon for the foreseeable future, assuming the teams are ranked. Thank you Fox.

Gonna need the D to play amazing and get some turnovers. I only see Clifford and our offense getting 14-17 points max.
Clifford needs an A game. Defense cannot get steamrolled up front. Bring up LBs to stop Corum who they want to give 30 some carries. Then challenge McCarthy against our secondary one on one. I like our chances with that. If we could pick him off to set up a TD, HUGE.

That is good news!!

2 PI 's
1 defensive holding
1 questionable off sides
You are always such an optimist. You forgot the crooked walk ins on 3rd and 4th downs to plae the ball.

Reactions: bison13
For clarification (realizing that it is not relevant for this game), Big Noon games start at noon Eastern Time. If games are played in the Central Time Zone, they are 11AM kickoffs local time. The internal clocks of Eastern Time Zone teams (e.g., Penn State) will be at noon; those of Central Time Zone teams will be at 11AM.

Three Thoughts:

Ann Arbor is right outside Detroit. Detroit is in the Eastern Time Zone, not the Central.

2 PI 's
1 defensive holding
1 questionable off sides
You have to add at least one fumble or interception that is a botched call and at least one crazy one that falls into that not reviewable void that always seems to pop up in games against this team. Then they'll be at least one good catch taken away from us and one missed catch given to them. Every penalty against us will negate a big play, while calls against them will come on plays that lost yardage.

Hopefully, we get a fair shot, but that's not what usually happens.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
I've only attended one game there, which was the 2002 PSU game that we lost in OT. Because there only is one level to the stadium and no roof, what noise there is escapes.
I read an article a while back that in big game atmospheres, Michigan had the 6th loudest-most hostile crowd in the B1G behind OSU and PSU (tied for 1st), Nebraska, Wisconsin and Iowa. I've been to a couple of OSU and MSU games in Michigan's stadium and it just doesn't seem to get as loud as in the other stadiums mentioned

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT