ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Kent State Threadstravaganza

Eh offense is better but not great. Disappointed in the lack of bubble screens dump offs etc. Nothing at all over the middle.

Alot of you said the strategy for Pitt is to throw it up in man to man..hasn't worked today.

Well that series was craptacular. Why wouldn't you pound the rock a little bit there and use some clock?

With McSorleys arm?

Careful what you wish for

Then the question needs to be asked...

Is McSorely your best QB on this team? How close is Stevens? McSorely has 1.5 game experience compared to the other QBs, so I like to think he's not starting because of his 'veteran' status.

I like McSorely, but I do feel we're running a fairly vanilla game plan today, and least compared what they're capable of. I can understand a little. Pitt next Saturday.

Is there a reason why our WRs can't outrun Kent State's defensive backs??

The heave it long offense. Not impressed. I long for the day of the jet sweep.

Yeah, my biggest disappointment is the lack of separation by the receivers.

Reactions: psu00
This is terrible. Just chucking it up and hoping for the best. Look like plays drawn up in the dirt on the sideline. I really expected more.

Reactions: psu00
This is terrible. Just chucking it up and hoping for the best. Look like plays drawn up in the dirt on the sideline. I really expected more.
Yeah,
I'd like to see more of the route tree being run for sure.

Game is in hand. Why show anything new?

Pitt trolls here are stoking the fire. Don't let it happen.

What good coach would show their entire hand during the first game against a sure-win opponent? Hopefully Pitt didn't, because their performance against Villanova, which is NOT a MAC team, was decidedly unimpressive.

I'd like to think that JF knows what he is doing here. It's the 4th quarter, and the game is over.

**** LionKing. Our mods put up with him. Ignore that SOB.

I think its funny you are assuming PSU is holding stuff back. Jesus hope you are right. If not, long long yr.

...Kent State has used 3 QBs this game and we have stayed with only one...
...this will likely be the best opportunity to try a 2nd QB in the whole season...
...oh, well...

I would have liked to see a couple carries for Robinson and Sanders. Has there only been one for Robinson? What about POlk, has he been on the field?

Hey Stoner - wouldn't you really like to be up 14 right now instead of 13?

I have a bigger issue with not kicking the FG in the 3rd qtr. The extra point in the first qtr not as much. It's easy to second guess it until the cows come home. But the reality is that we have more issues that we aren't up by more that going for 2 in the first qtr of the first game.

Hopefully they are saving the real gameplan for Pitt, but McSorely running 13 times is not what I wanted to see first game with all the weapons PSU has.

miller white and sickles all playing like big boys. Dline has been a pleasant surprise

Lurker,

KSU has pressed played man to man and the hero Moorhead hasn't beat it all day. Care to elaborate? you sound like a clown.

ADVERTISEMENT