ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Trustees call special meeting on Friday to discuss Freeh Report

Yes. I do think it's fair to question the execution. It would be like agreeing to be given the formula for the cure for cancer but then told you couldn't share it with anyone. What's the purpose? What was the purpose of the review? Heck, for those few with access it probably made things much worse for them. Now they see the failings of the Freeh Report but can't say anything. What an absolute joke. Our BOT is as corrupt an organization as has ever existed. I truly believe that.
And I forgot to mention the $8M + they paid Freeh to come up with this garbage. Any way one looks at it $550K pales in comparison.

Reactions: Madsol
Thank for all of your hard work, Mr. Lubrano.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

You guys are truly funny!

Though we cannot publicly discuss the materials or documents we reviewed (for those of you who can read, please see the Court Order), we can and did announce yesterday the existence of a document, that provides for our very, very thorough review of those materials.

All of you now know it exists. So stop your bitching, get off your asses, and force the University to release it. You have the power.
Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the constraints but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to intuit that they would exist. But you’ve played the card for all it’s worth and then some to z crowd that wanted to believe a little too much.

Ralph Cipriano in his bigtrial blog reports that he obtained the 7 page executive report plus a 25 synopsis of the evidence and details the findings in his post. Please read “Confidential Internal Report Sheds Louis Freeh Report” at:

www.bigtrial.net

Based on that article, the report has nothing but stuff that has already been publicly uncovered.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Based on that article, the report has nothing but stuff that has already been publicly uncovered.

I don’t believe any of the information has ever been reported before but any members of the Penn State Board of Trustees. The information may have been reported by Ralph Cipriano and John Ziegler, but has not gained any traction in the national media.

Reactions: RussianEagle
All that info has been reported before via guys like Ryan Bagwell and Ray Blehar.

We knew Freeh wanted to get into the NCAA. We knew about the "no evidence" handwritten notes. Nothing new in that article, if in fact it's supposed to be a summary of the now 16 month old report.

All that info has been reported before via guys like Ryan Bagwell and Ray Blehar.

We knew Freeh wanted to get into the NCAA. We knew about the "no evidence" handwritten notes. Nothing new in that article, if in fact it's supposed to be a summary of the now 16 month old report.

It literally sounds like they plagiarized Rays external & (free) review of Freeh.

We should be outraged that they claim to have spent $550K to copy & paste from Blehars website.

Before you rant about the obvious, yes there have been more egregious wastes of money throughout all this. But these guys were on our side & if the content in Ciprianos article is to be believed, they basically committed fraud.

Some of the findings, like not interviewing key players have literally been known since about 30 seconds into Freehs press conference. And it doesn't sound like the A9 rectified that by doing their own interviews either (if they had, those would be releasable without any penalty)

I don’t believe any of the information has ever been reported before but any members of the Penn State Board of Trustees. The information may have been reported by Ralph Cipriano and John Ziegler, but has not gained any traction in the national media.[/QUOTE]

Nor will it ever at this point.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
That may your opinion, but it is not mine. Too many people know what happened for the truth to be buried forever IMO. There is a compelling story to be told once someone inflencial realizes what a travesty of justice that has occurred.
Perhaps, but few will care by then and still fewer will refuse to believe the truth. The time to retaliate was long ago, not years from now. And those people who claim to have known should have been shouting from the rooftops years ago, rather than curling up and hiding.

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the constraints but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to intuit that they would exist. But you’ve played the card for all it’s worth and then some to z crowd that wanted to believe a little too much.

It seems to me that someone needs to file a FOIA request. Since it has been stated openly that a document exists, a FOIA request should bring it to light. I would sincerely hope that some investigative journalist(s) would be looking at that, but a group of alumni would also be a powerful motivator.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Imagine going to work Monday for one of these A9 dudes and knowing that your CEO is just a wittle bittie kittie cat.
Imagine going to work on Monday and told your alma mater harbours child rapist.

Tampa Bay is the new Penn State
By Dan the Bullets Fan on Jun 29, 2018, 9:39am EDT 1

Looking back people said how could so many people turn the other cheek while kids were being raped at Penn State. Well football was more important then human decency. Tampa Bay is no different Winston to me is proven guilty Darby who is now know to be a liar makes me less any doubt that Winston is a rapist. Does this organization have no decency left? How can you keep a sexual predator in your locker room in your organization. You think any player on thy his team would bring their daughter around? You think any coach would want his family around Winston. You don't turn the other cheek when somebody is a rapist. I'm disgusted by the organization lack of decency. Winston should never represent this city or this uniform again. Sapp loved him some partying but Jesus Christ how many women does Winston have to assault before we take a stand. My family will not buy another ticket I have lost all respect for Glazers. Your telling every female on the planet if you can throw a football poorly even you can do whatever you want to somebody and still be the Qb of the Buccaners.

Seriously football is not bigger then life. This is pretty messed up.

Got to get a big group that represents alumni to create public pressure.

Said big alumni group could also file a lawsuit to force release.
Votes count. Email or call the Governor and let him know this needs to come out or he won't get your vote. Ask Governor Corporate about what happened when he screwed us over.

Votes count. Email or call the Governor and let him know this needs to come out or he won't get your vote. Ask Governor Corporate about what happened when he screwed us over.

Wolf couldn't care less about his role on the BOT. No governor ever has except for Corbett who had ulterior motives.

Wolf couldn't care less about his role on the BOT. No governor ever has except for Corbett who had ulterior motives.
But he will care if we vote him out. Trust me when I say that politicans are EXTREMELY paranoid. They worry about every vote.

6 years ago I had no access to the Freeh Report let alone its source documents. So your first point is baseless. You must be confusing me with the likes of Keith “they were involved in a coverup” Masser.

As for the latter point, that is a matter of individual assessment. However, no one on this board or the PSU BOT was willing to risk personal loss to the extent I did. The lawsuit that gave rise to access for ALL Trustees, not just the 7 Plaintiff Trustees, cost more than $550k to fund. The University had to be sued to recover that money. That lawsuit took another year!

In the end, I must stand on my record. Some will appreciate my efforts while others will not. That’s life and I can live with that reality.

But, I’m sure as hell not moving on simply because I’m leaving the BOT.

A.L.
You should understand that for many of us you and then Demlion when you brought him aboard were our only hope in what has been 7-8 years of extreme frustration. We take it out on you because you were our only hope only to see our hopes dashed over and over. I think the overwhelming majority on this board do appreciate your efforts.
Perhaps the one vote giving Ira unanimous support was the only area many feel "betrayed" [strong word under the circumstances. I know you explained it but there never seemed to be quid for the quo of support.
You say "get off your asses and demand the University release the report". Again for most of us we went all in with the A-9 and PS4RS and got nothing. If you folks can't do it, I doubt it can be done.

Anyway thanks for the effort. As I have said before the leadership of this University is unrecognizable to me. I have become what we were accused of. I am a fan of the sports teams, will continue to support THON and Lift for Life, and will never spend another nickel supporting the University. Sad but for me that is my best way to show my displeasure.

That may your opinion, but it is not mine. Too many people know what happened for the truth to be buried forever IMO. There is a compelling story to be told once someone inflencial realizes what a travesty of justice that has occurred.

You're absolutely delusional if you think anyone outside of this message board cares. Furthermore, you're made even more delusional by actually caring what others think of Penn State.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
You're absolutely delusional if you think anyone outside of this message board cares. Furthermore, you're made even more delusional by actually caring what others think of Penn State.

You are welcome to your own opinions. I absolutely believe there will be a groundswell of interest when this story finally breaks and I believe this story will eventually break.

I talk to all sorts of people all over the country the time about all kinds of things. The scandal & Penn State hasn't been mentioned in years. People are positive on Penn State. They Like Franklin. They mention tradition & that they do things the right way. The BB team is joked about.

Parents with graduating seniors were universally positive. If their kid's attending PSU they are pleased, if they didn't get in, they are disappointed. If they also got into somewhere better & chose that, they still spoke positively about PSU.

Nobody seems to care very much that there was a scandal 7 years ago nor seems to hold anyone associated with PSU currently, or alumni accountable.

The only people I personally know who care are Pitt graduates. I assume there are some from other "rival" schools. But that's from envy & rivalry, & I see the same from Penn Staters towards MSU, etc... It's not really a serious problem. HR departments are not rejecting applicants because they went to PSU.

Lets just get back to our lives.

If true, that's the real problem. If many people know what happened and nobody has decided to talk about it, what's the incentive to do it now or sometime in the future? Maybe they're covering their own asses. If not, why the silence?

As for an influential person to come along and blow the lid off, there are already many influential people with much more insight into the situation than John Q. Messageboard. They likely know it was a travesty of justice but we haven't heard a peep. I certainly don't expect some other influential person to come riding in on the proverbial white horse and let the sunshine in. What reason would they have to do that? The moment is gone.

That said, I hope I'm wrong but as of now it seems nothing will change.

You are welcome to your own opinions. I absolutely believe there will be a groundswell of interest when this story finally breaks and I believe this story will eventually break.

I admire your continued positive outlook. By contrast, I have been pessimistic though hopeful. I thought the Newsweek article was our best chance of the truth concerning Joe, Curley, Schultz, Spanier, and the sandusky trial coming to the national spotlight. Sadly, the information is either sealed or on web sites that the general public is not aware of. I now am doubtful that the facts will ever come out in a way that will grab the nation's attention. That said, I really hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Bob78 and francofan
I talk to all sorts of people all over the country the time about all kinds of things. The scandal & Penn State hasn't been mentioned in years. People are positive on Penn State. They Like Franklin. They mention tradition & that they do things the right way. The BB team is joked about.

Parents with graduating seniors were universally positive. If their kid's attending PSU they are pleased, if they didn't get in, they are disappointed. If they also got into somewhere better & chose that, they still spoke positively about PSU.

Nobody seems to care very much that there was a scandal 7 years ago nor seems to hold anyone associated with PSU currently, or alumni accountable.

The only people I personally know who care are Pitt graduates. I assume there are some from other "rival" schools. But that's from envy & rivalry, & I see the same from Penn Staters towards MSU, etc... It's not really a serious problem. HR departments are not rejecting applicants because they went to PSU.

Lets just get back to our lives.
How about you just move on ahead. I take offense when good people get fuc$ed.

You guys are truly funny!

Though we cannot publicly discuss the materials or documents we reviewed (for those of you who can read, please see the Court Order), we can and did announce yesterday the existence of a document, that provides for our very, very thorough review of those materials.

All of you now know it exists. So stop your bitching, get off your asses, and force the University to release it. You have the power.
For God's sake, stop with the nonsense. Great, a document exists. Big whoopy-doo. As long as that document sits inside Fort Knox, it as good as never being written at all.

You've strung everyone here along for six or seven years. Measure two-thousand times and cut once. The damn 2x4 is still in one piece.

Sure there is a court order but there are also a million ways to say something without actually saying it. Get of YOUR ass and finally, once and for all, make a god-darn statement about what is in there. The people of this forum and the alumni put their trust in you. You've delivered....

Nada.

Sorry to be so harsh, but that is what I see. You've done nothing of importance in this matter Hell, you sucked up and voted for Ira Lubert. I don't care if he offered you a million dollars. You know damn well the dysfunction on the BOT. Taking a stand - on principle alone - was far more important than whatever secret he confessed to you. Or, are you now dysfunctional?

I'm disappointed in you. A leader who truly led would not yell out the balcony to the common folk..."Hey I have a report. Make them release it to you".

Grow a pair, dammit

Last edited:
I admire your continued positive outlook. By contrast, I have been pessimistic though hopeful. I thought the Newsweek article was our best chance of the truth concerning Joe, Curley, Schultz, Spanier, and the sandusky trial coming to the national spotlight. Sadly, the information is either sealed or on web sites that the general public is not aware of. I now am doubtful that the facts will ever come out in a way that will grab the nation's attention. That said, I really hope I am wrong.

The statue coming back was more based in reality than Zieglar’s wet dream about Newsweek.

Seriously? It gets mentioned in every single context of institutional cover up. I saw an article today referring to Penn State (and surprisingly, Michigan State) as examples of people covering things up
And the hell of it is, unlike at Michigan State, nobody at PSU attempted to cover up anything.

Reactions: Bob78
Seriously? It gets mentioned in every single context of institutional cover up. I saw an article today referring to Penn State (and surprisingly, Michigan State) as examples of people covering things up

I guess that much is true.

But BoT members creating a secret report on "the real facts" & not releasing it just adds to the false coverup narrative.

Reactions: nits74 and AvgUser
ADVERTISEMENT