ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Trustees call special meeting on Friday to discuss Freeh Report

Granted we only have limited information (from Barry's tweets) about what was said, but if I read between this lines, here's what I get out of Lubrano's statement:

"After reviewing the Freeh report and underlying documents, it is clear that it was not the independent investigation for which PSU contracted with the Freeh Group. Rather it was a "hit job" with a predetermined outcome that attempted justify the actions of the PSU BOT in 2011. The conclusions of the Freeh Report are not supported by the report itself, nor by the facts in the underlying documents. Given the importance of this information to the larger university community, we will respectfully ask the court to allow for us to publish our review."

I'm not sure why they couldn't say that as it doesn't mention any specifics that would violate the court order.
They are way too honest. They should just do what the government would do and just leak it.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Granted we only have limited information (from Barry's tweets) about what was said, but if I read between this lines, here's what I get out of Lubrano's statement:

"After reviewing the Freeh report and underlying documents, it is clear that it was not the independent investigation for which PSU contracted with the Freeh Group. Rather it was a "hit job" with a predetermined outcome that attempted justify the actions of the PSU BOT in 2011. The conclusions of the Freeh Report are not supported by the report itself, nor by the facts in the underlying documents. Given the importance of this information to the larger university community, we will respectfully ask the court to allow for us to publish our review."

I'm not sure why they couldn't say that as it doesn't mention any specifics that would violate the court order.

And it's all moot now. Lubrano is out and no one left will continue that fight.

Reactions: step.eng69
It's unclear to me what the point of this all was. We haven't come any farther since the days of someone here saying that they were told stuff they aren't at liberty to repeat, but that it would all come out eventually. Blah blah blah.

All cowards. Joe's the only one who told anybody anything, and he gets fried.
Cowards is the perfect word. I'll add two more. Grand Standers.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
Read the Court Order

There isn’t (nor ever was) anything preventing them from “revealing what they found”.
(Only the disclosure of Names of interviewees and other PII stuff like that)

It’s pure bullshit - and the masses have (mostly) been swallow No it all up for nearly three years now

Alas

Idiocracy
I can't recall where to find it. Do you have a link?

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Read the Court Order

There isn’t (nor ever was) anything preventing them from “revealing what they found”.
(Only the disclosure of Names of interviewees and other PII stuff like that)

It’s pure bullshit - and the masses have (mostly) been swallow No it all up for nearly three years now

Alas

Idiocracy

Here is the text from Barry's website (quoting the court order):
Within forty-five (45) days of the date of this order, the Pennsylvania State University shall provide to Petitioner Trustees all source material which the Pennsylvania State University claims is subject to a privilege or confidential obligation. Such confidential information shall prominently be labeled “CONFIDENTIAL” or “PRIVILEGED” at the time of production. The Petitioner Trustees may discuss the information marked “CONFIDENTIAL” or “PRIVILEGED” only in a privileged executive session of the board or in communications with the University’s legal counsel. Outside of a privileged executive session of the board or in communication with the University’s legal counsel, any discussion or disclosure to anyone by Petitioner Trustees, except their present counsel, of the information marked “CONFIDENTIAL” or “PRIVILEGED” is expressly prohibited.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you (Barry) are saying above, but this seems like it covers more than just PII; i.e. they can't discuss anything marked CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED, which is probably the whole file.

I would still think they could speak in generalities about what they found (which maybe that's what they did today).

And I'm on record as saying I'd support them in violating the court order if they thought it was in the best interest of the University.

Sounds like they are going to try to get something on the agenda of the next BOT meeting to release the report. Of course we know that'll be shot down real fast

Sounds like they are going to try to get something on the agenda of the next BOT meeting to release the report. Of course we know that'll be shot down real fast

Biggest coward in all this (since Freeh report):

Debatable ...

Either Lubrano & the rest of the A9 for not releasing review of Freeh Report

Zig, for not releasing (among other things) his recordings of the "fake victim"

I think Zig, probably. But it's almost a tossup. Lubrano & squad are rising fast & late.

After the July meeting:

Pope: “We asked that the full Board discuss our report. But they wouldn’t”
Dambly: “There is no reason for this Board to divert its attention from serving the University - in order to waste time on a long-expired witch hunt propagated by a certain faction of the Board”.
Pope: “We’ll have to agree to disagree”

QED

:)

Even the A7 - actually, with Anthony and Ryan leaving, the A5 - ain’t so stupid as to not know how that’s gonna’ go down... and, apparently, that’s A-OK by them

Stupid? Liars? Cowards?
Take your pick(s)

Imagine going to work Monday for one of these A9 dudes and knowing that your CEO is just a wittle bittie kittie cat.

1*0ii4s_URyd-D3Ijg_8155Q.gif

I'm still not sure what they hoped to accomplish today.
I can think of several options, but hopefully Dem or Lubrano can answer the question as the perception isn't good.
1) The appearance that they did a review.
2) They did a review but cannot discuss it.
3) An opportunity for Lubrano to say he/they did something before he leaves the board. A last opportunity to grandstand.
4) To serve notice that the review is complete and that some future action will be taken to discuss the report and demand action as outlined by Lubrano. Strange that they did not mention that.
5) An opportunity to finally move on and the case is closed.
6) There is evidence in the report that is bad and no one wants to talk about it.
7) To get out ahead of something else that it is about to hit the fan.
8) To put something out there in an attempt to gain support from new board members.

Unfortunately, most of these seem disingenuous, but as I mentioned previously, if they had something to say they would not have called a meeting on a Friday afternoon at the end of June with a holiday next week. The whole affair has been strange.

Some people may not like Barry, but he pretty much called what was going to happen. I know Lubrano says he doesn't know what he is talking about, but Lubrano has posted like Ziegler. Big promises with few deliverables. I would love to be proven wrong.

I can link it - but I can’t make people read or understand it.....

But there is NOTHING that prevents them from discussing “what they found”, “what they DIDN’T find”, what they conclude from their study, whether or not there is evidence to support Freeh’s conclusions, etc etc etc .
Never has been.

They do not need to disclose information from specific “confidential documents” to do any of that.
After reading the order, anyone who would argue otherwise is certainly either an idiot or disingenuous (Or, as someone opined earlier, a Coward)

So what does that say about the A7?

C’est La Vie

Pretty much. It's all one big power play by a group holding an AAA battery while walking under high tension power lines.

It does seem like a lot was promised, but never delivered. I shouldn't say promised, because that is too strong a word, but it seems that we were given hope when perhaps there was no hope.

Whatever. It is what it is, and life goes on. We still have our opinions that will never change, and the "winners" are still for the most part losers who don't have central air conditioning but were driven by jealousy and rage. I'd still rather be us, than them.

Reactions: nits74
I do feel bad for the PSU alumni who truly believed in Anthony Lubrano.

6 years of not delivering to those who put their trust in him.

I suppose that's his legacy as a BoT member.

Reactions: ssn774
For as much stuff that gets leaked these days, it'd be pretty easy to leak this stuff.

Just say it was a computer glitch. Worked for the AG
Yup. Worked well enough for the government to not penalize itself and it’s own. ;-)

Not sure the response for others in open defiance of an order will be similar. I wouldn’t bet my freedom or wallet on it.

Not sure why people are turning on Anthony and the others. They're not the bad guys here!
I don't get the outrage either. I am thankful to AL, LS and Mary QBA et al for their tireless efforts.

Sometimes in life you determine that the field is so tilted, 'tis far better to stroll home with your ethics intact that to "swim with swine".

They are finished with the review. Confirmed.

The court said if they found something, to bring it to the court.

They held a "meeting" & brought nothing back to the court.

So there is nothing.

Reactions: Mary QBA
They are finished with the review. Confirmed.

The court said if they found something, to bring it to the court.

They held a "meeting" & brought nothing back to the court.

So there is nothing.
The really incriminating documents were "arranged to be shredded" by the BOT's retained law firm. Thereafter, the surviving documents were redacted and that's all the A9 ever saw.

I can link it - but I can’t make people read or understand it.....

But there is NOTHING that prevents them from discussing “what they found”, “what they DIDN’T find”, what they conclude from their study, whether or not there is evidence to support Freeh’s conclusions, etc etc etc .
Never has been.

They do not need to disclose information from specific “confidential documents” to do any of that.
After reading the order, anyone who would argue otherwise is certainly either an idiot or disingenuous (Or, as someone opined earlier, a Coward)

So what does that say about the A7?

C’est La Vie
I don’t think that your interpretation of the court order is accurate and I believe that their counsel has informed them of what prohibitions exist. It’s easy to criticize them for not doing what we want.

Jay is spot on. Why won’t we plumb depth?!?!?! What is the TRUTH? I an 100% certain it is not what floats out ‘there’ now.
Jay's opinion is filled with "ifs." Most of the BOT have moved on. The athletic programs moved on a long time ago. Most people have moved on. Sorry to say, but the only ones who haven't moved on are some alumni, maybe some locals, and maybe some who have educated themselves on this mess.

Jay can keep banging the drum, but unless the alumni trustees get support from other members of the BOT or the administration, the subject is unlikely to be revisited. From their perspective, there is nothing to gain by opening a potential can of worms. People are in jail or been sentenced, people have been paid, nothing left to see here.

Reactions: Nitwit
Sorry to say, but the only ones who haven't moved on are some alumni, maybe some locals, and maybe some who have educated themselves on this mess.

Really. I'm out in the middle of the country, play two rounds of golf in the middle of nowhere, and back-to-back come across people that have nothing to do with Penn State ask me about this scandal without my ever bringing it up -- 7 years after this crap went down, and another 10 after the incident that enabled all of it. Yea, all have moved on I guess.

The truth is that this is what comes to mind when non-Penn Staters hear "Penn State." Most people know universities by their sports teams. Joe Paterno was very much the image of the school for so many years through football. He became well-known because he did things right. His players were students. The scoundrels on the BOT knew this and used it for their own preservation.

So what we have are "trustees" who care nothing about the school's image and its preservation. Those outside of the school cannot understand why a trustee would willfully cause harm to their school, so that's a big reason why some of the most educated people believe the False Narrative. The school pled guilty via the Consent Decree.

Really. I'm out in the middle of the country, play two rounds of golf in the middle of nowhere, and back-to-back come across people that have nothing to do with Penn State ask me about this scandal without my ever bringing it up -- 7 years after this crap went down, and another 10 after the incident that enabled all of it. Yea, all have moved on I guess.

The truth is that this is what comes to mind when non-Penn Staters hear "Penn State." Most people know universities by their sports teams. Joe Paterno was very much the image of the school for so many years through football. He became well-known because he did things right. His players were students. The scoundrels on the BOT knew this and used it for their own preservation.

So what we have are "trustees" who care nothing about the school's image and its preservation. Those outside of the school cannot understand why a trustee would willfully cause harm to their school, so that's a big reason why some of the most educated people believe the False Narrative. The school pled guilty via the Consent Decree.

Are you implying that PSU was the only university whose players were "students" and that our current
players aren't "students"? And no sane person believes that our current trustees "care nothing about the school's image and its preservation".

I do feel bad for the PSU alumni who truly believed in Anthony Lubrano.

6 years of not delivering to those who put their trust in him.

I suppose that's his legacy as a BoT member.
Really not that hard to tell that the guy was a show pony out of the gate.

ADVERTISEMENT