ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Trustees call special meeting on Friday to discuss Freeh Report

There is nothing stopping the average constituent from publicly blasting publicly paid employees formerly at our Office of Attorney General regarding their conduct in torching their personal lives, those they loved and respected and the larger community in which they live.

It's not a lie. It's not a conspiracy. It's not an alternate truth. It's not asking someone to contradict what they stated on the record already.

These were public officials, paid by OUR tax dollars, sworn to uphold the constitutional rights of us regular schmucks out here.

They didn't do that.

They LIED to us. They MANIPULATED us. They CONCOCTED a conspiracy. They CREATED an alternate truth. The FABRICATED "facts" for the record.

No, but a couple of them sure thought to pick up the phone and call a lawyer on a Sunday morning for research on suspected child abuse didn’t they?

You are mislead.

Have a good day.
And yet you sat on your ass for 10 yrs not doing anything once you noticed (after speaking to C/S) no one from UPPD ever came to get your written statement so they could arrest and formally question JS.

How does an adult who was certain a child was getting raped/abused never actually file a police report or call CYS (which you can do anonymously btw)?

When Curley called you a few days later to follow up why the eff didn't you express any dissatisfaction or ask where the hell UPPD was to come get your statement for the record? According to your testimony when you had Tim on the phone you never expressed dissatisfaction or said MORE needed to be done. Apparently you were A-ok with his action plan of revoking JS' access to the building and informing TSM of the incident. There's a huge inconsistency between what you thought JS and the kid were doing and your actions responding to that (you accepted an action plan that didn't include someone from UPPD taking your statement and JS getting arrested).

Last edited:
No, but a couple of them sure thought to pick up the phone and call a lawyer on a Sunday morning for research on suspected child abuse didn’t they?

You are mislead.

Have a good day.
Maybe they called a lawyer to ask "if I am told of slapping sounds in a shower, what do I do?". Maybe they asked "is a man showering with a boy considered child abuse?". Ever consider that? Bottom line is they did a hell of alot more than you did. And more than your father and Dr. Dranov did. Which implies that there wasn't much to what you saw, until you decided to embellish.

How in the world you can say you love JVP and allow the whole world to believe that you told him about a child being raped and he covered it up to protect the reputation of the football program is beyond me. How you can let the world think Success with Honor is a fraud, that he orchestrated the most heinous coverup in sports history, while saying you love JVP, is impossible. You are in the middle of the firestorm that destroyed his life's work, you can fix alot of it, and you choose not to. Yet you love him. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

MONEY. :eek:

mike got paid. If he had a conscience, he wouldn't have started f*cking this thing up from the start and wouldn't have willfully continued to f*ck it up.

Hours and hours of testimony, cross examination...hours of depositions, sometimes for multiple days...I have answered those questions repeatedly in detail.

I think some people mistake not telling the truth for an answer they don’t like...I have told the truth, repeatedly, no one has ever forced me to say one single thing, asked me to say something, coerced me, threatened me...nothing, zilch, nada....ever.

I have never copped out of answering a question, ever. How many people in this thing have hmm’d and hawed...”I plead the 5th”, I can not recall, I can not remember...I can’t recollect...on and on...a bunch of you know what...

You know how many lawyers had their crack at me? Any clue?

Anyway, not sure why I come here and read, or respond...in the end I feel bad for a lot of you...it stinks what has happened...but acting like it didn’t happen, or it’s all a big conspiracy or lie...that won’t make it better.

I can tell you, that SOB JS is no lie...he is worse than you think.

And on the flip side, JVP, truly great...human but great, happy fourth.

I think I'll just leave this here...

w6rtzr.jpg

Exactly right

But, of course, that wouldn't have stopped the attorneys from asking Magic Mike:

a. why he didn't take action to protect the boy from further abuse?

b. why he didn't call the police immediately instead of running home to Daddy?

c. and why it took him ten years to tell his story and only did after being outed to the authorities?

Yeah, he's a real hero. Glad I never had to share a fighting hole with him because I could not have tolerated the stench.

Reactions: Aloha T and WeR0206
But, of course, that wouldn't have stopped the attorneys from asking Magic Mike:

c. and why it took him ten years to tell his story and only did after being outed to the authorities?

Yeah, he's a real hero. Glad I never had to share a fighting hole with him because I could not have tolerated the stench.

Based on his posts today it looks like he bought a spine and set of balls with his newfound wealth. We all know he had neither back in 2001. Or was it 2002????

Reactions: WeR0206

True. Why don't you ask him in person? He's probably on the 10th hole right about now.

You are mislead.

Have a good day.
The fact that you don't understand the difference is troubling.

Reactions: WeR0206
Bob,

If you are directing your question at Mike, my brother, then I would suggest that he has testified in excess of a dozen times... grand jury, prelims, trials, depositions ... his testimony has yet to be refuted much less even challenged as not being the truth. You and those of like thought can get hung up on the slightest change of a word or context with regard to Mikes testimony yet someone from css can change testimony 180 degrees and you don’t even discuss it or have a problem with it. I may have a natural bias due to relation but i think it’s fair to state that sone here have a far stronger biased based in part to loyalties to those who have plead guilty or been convicted of crime.

Hours and hours of testimony, cross examination...hours of depositions, sometimes for multiple days...I have answered those questions repeatedly in detail.

I think some people mistake not telling the truth for an answer they don’t like...I have told the truth, repeatedly, no one has ever forced me to say one single thing, asked me to say something, coerced me, threatened me...nothing, zilch, nada....ever.

I have never copped out of answering a question, ever. How many people in this thing have hmm’d and hawed...”I plead the 5th”, I can not recall, I can not remember...I can’t recollect...on and on...a bunch of you know what...

You know how many lawyers had their crack at me? Any clue?

Anyway, not sure why I come here and read, or respond...in the end I feel bad for a lot of you...it stinks what has happened...but acting like it didn’t happen, or it’s all a big conspiracy or lie...that won’t make it better.

I can tell you, that SOB JS is no lie...he is worse than you think.

And on the flip side, JVP, truly great...human but great, happy fourth.

Mike, could you please answer why you originally thought the incident happened on the Friday before Spring Break? If the incident really happened on February 9 and you drove to Lasch, you would think you would notice the nearby Barenaked Ladies concert and the Ice Lions game at Greenberg, a building connected to Lasch. Im sure you would have also noticed hundreds of drunk freshmen that after pregaming the past couple hours, are now stumbling downtown from East Halls between 9 and 10.

I believe Mike told his wide receivers that he chased Sandusky and the boy out to the parking lot immediately after the GJR was leaked.

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective.

If you will indulge me, I would like to learn a little more of your perspective.

What objective evidence leads you to believe that Sandusky is a child molester?

How is Sandusky worse than we think?

Did you witness sodomy or insertion? Did you witness an anal rape?

How did Jonelle Eshbach twist your words?

Is it possible that the Lasch locker room incident occurred on December 29, 2000?

Do you have an opinion of whether or not the boy in the shower was or was not AM?

I do wonder what he means by Sandusky is “worse than we think”. The guy was convicted of 45 counts including anal rape (of Sebastian Paden, not the boy McQueary spotted). How can he be even worse?

Reactions: francofan
I believe Mike told his wide receivers that he chased Sandusky and the boy out to the parking lot immediately after the GJR was leaked.

Gee, he waited ten years to do that, too.(We'll leave it right there). At least he's consistent.

Because any lawyer on the opposite side would object to the question and that objection would be sustained.
I think you could ask it a depo. He could always say "how the hell do I know" but at the core isn't this what stumps so many of us. No one contemporaneously showed any urgency to contact authorities. Obviously the follow up question would be, didn't you wonder if you were clear enough. The response "we were told it was being handled" sounds like BS when weeks and months go by and NOTHING happened.

I think you could ask it a depo. He could always say "how the hell do I know" but at the core isn't this what stumps so many of us. No one contemporaneously showed any urgency to contact authorities. Obviously the follow up question would be, didn't you wonder if you were clear enough. The response "we were told it was being handled" sounds like BS when weeks and months go by and NOTHING happened.
Maybe they were awaiting a RUDY sequel that would compel them to question the inactivity.

Reactions: RussianEagle

You are mislead.

Have a good day.

Mike, after Tim and Gary spoke with JVP, but before they spoke with you, Schultz made this note:

-unless he “confesses” to having a problem, TMC will indicate we need to have DPW review the matter as an independent agency concerned with child welfare

To conclude that by "a problem" Schultz was referring to child sexual abuse, one has to also conclude that he thought involving DPW was necessary if JS denied he had sexually abused a child, but not necessary if he confessed to sexually abusing a child. Since that is ridiculous on its face, the more reasonable conclusion is that, by "problem", he meant 'boundary issues'. Would you agree?

On 2/25/01, which I believe is after he and Tim met with you, Schultz wrote the following:

1) Tell J.S. to avoid bringing children alone into Lasch Bldg.d

And 2/26/01, Schultz wrote:

Tim, I’m assuming you’ve got the ball to 1) talk with the subject ASAP regarding the future appropriate use of the University facility;

If you had clearly conveyed to Tim and Gary that child sexual abuse was what you had witnessed, is it reasonable to conclude that he would be considering under what circumstances JS would continue to enjoy guest privileges? What is the "future appropriate use of the University facility" for a suspected child molester?

* I have long held that his use of the word 'alone' speaks volumes here. He was, I believe, concerned about a potential he said/he said scenario in the future. It would only take one angry mother to file a civil suit and drag PSU into it.

On 2/28/01, part of Tim's email reads as follows:

I would indicate that we feel there is a problem and we want to assist the individual to get professional help. Also, we feel a responsibility at some point soon to inform his organization and maybe the other one about the situation. If he is cooperative, we would work with him to handle informing the organization. If not, we do not have a choice and will inform the two groups.

If, after meeting with you, Tim felt a child might have been abused, is it reasonable to conclude that involving DPW would depend on whether or not Jerry was "cooperative"?

In Spanier's response on the same day, he writes:

The only downside for us is if our message is not “heard” and acted upon, and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it.

If Spanier was under the impression that a child might have already been abused, wouldn't the "downside" relating to his reporting the matter to the authorities have been the elephant in the room? What possible difference would it make if Jerry "heard" and acted upon their message or not? Why was Spanier operating under the impression that "only" a future shower incident could result in a "downside"?

Did you fail to convey the seriousness of the matter because, in 2001, you weren't sure yourself? Did they simply refuse to believe you saw what you said you saw? And if you did see Sandusky sexually abusing a child, why did you let the matter die?

A lot of things stump us, but that doesn't mean that a defense attorney can ask a (lay) witness to speculate why certain people behaved the way they did, which is the question to which I responded.

A lot of things stump us, but that doesn't mean that a defense attorney can ask a (lay) witness to speculate why certain people behaved the way they did, which is the question to which I responded.

Let’s be clear.

The entry by Wendell Courtney was his. He has testified that he was not told by Schultz of suspected child abuse. In fact, Courtney testified that he was told of horseplay.

MM was asked if he was pleased with the response by PSU to his report and he said yes.

MM said nothing to anyone else after he met with C/S until he was contacted by the OAG in late 2010.

Dranov was investigated by the state licensing authorities regarding his handling of the report from MM. the licensing authorities determined Dranov, a mandated reporter, handled this matter properly.

The Presentment was untrue. In my view, this was prosecutorial misconduct. This Presentment coupled with the Freeh Report effectively eliminated any hope that C/S/S could receive a fair trial. In fact, we now know that the Jury Comsultant hired by one of the defendants determined that the jury pool had been grossly tainted by these reports to the point that more than 70% of those possible jurists surveyed believed C/S/S has committed a crime.

Our system of justice is unjust. When the ends justify the means as they did in the case of C/S/S you cannot have justice.

I URGE the Board of Trustees to release our report to the public.

Let’s be clear.

The entry by Wendell Courtney was his. He has testified that he was not told by Schultz of suspected child abuse. In fact, Courtney testified that he was told of horseplay.

MM was asked if he was pleased with the response by PSU to his report and he said yes.

MM said nothing to anyone else after he met with C/S until he was contacted by the OAG in late 2010.

Dranov was investigated by the state licensing authorities regarding his handling of the report from MM. the licensing authorities determined Dranov, a mandated reporter, handled this matter properly.

The Presentment was untrue. In my view, this was prosecutorial misconduct. This Presentment coupled with the Freeh Report effectively eliminated any hope that C/S/S could receive a fair trial. In fact, we now know that the Jury Comsultant hired by one of the defendants determined that the jury pool had been grossly tainted by these reports to the point that more than 70% of those possible jurists surveyed believed C/S/S has committed a crime.

Our system of justice is unjust. When the ends justify the means as they did in the case of C/S/S you cannot have justice.

Have no idea how all or any of that relates to my post, but I agree: bring release of the report up to a vote of the Trustees and have each and every one go on record as to where they stand.

Interesting Anthony.... that in the file of Gary’s request of mr Courtney, there was only a copy of a invoice.... no research no record of the request, just an invoice.

Odd seems there’s no written paper trail by administration at all. Given mr Shultz oversaw police and hr... certainly has to strike the average person as odd at best.

Here’s my cockamamie theory of the day:

Dream sequence starting ...

Anthony is speaking in code. He is forbidden for some reason come right out and state the exact reason. He is also forbidden for some reason to give more information other than “ask for the to be released”. However, as a part of some agreement made, if enough private individuals request to see the alumni report, then they [BOT] have to release it. Anthony’s constant use of the word URGE and its constant capitalization are the clue.

Weird and crazy? You bet. But nothing about the entire situation fits any mold. Theee are easily two-dozen highly visible, unexplained and contrarian actions that have occurred since November 2011.

Reactions: nits74
Interesting Anthony.... that in the file of Gary’s request of mr Courtney, there was only a copy of a invoice.... no research no record of the request, just an invoice.

Odd seems there’s no written paper trail by administration at all. Given mr Shultz oversaw police and hr... certainly has to strike the average person as odd at best.

That's not at all unusual, indeed it is more usual than not, for the conversation of the type between Schultz and Courtney.

Reactions: bytir
You got a copy of the "report? Yes?
Well...… just post the f-ing thing Anthony..... instead of making these pathetic disingenuous pleas (that you know are horsesh^t).

Despite a plethora of disagreements, I never took you for such a kitty.

Barry, a Court Order is a serious matter. Contempt is not to be taken lightly. Intellectually I believe you understand this.

In the interest of protecting the client of a potentially criminal manor.... in the interest of protecting Rhemsekces and mike... certainly a paper trail would of been considered.

We can agree to disagree buts its suspect at best.

Anthony is speaking in code. He is forbidden for some reason come right out and state the exact reason. He is also forbidden for some reason to give more information other than “ask for the to be released”. However, as a part of some agreement made, if enough private individuals request to see the alumni report, then they [BOT] have to release it. Anthony’s constant use of the word URGE and its constant capitalization are the clue.

Weird and crazy? You bet. But nothing about the entire situation fits any mold. Theee are easily two-dozen highly visible, unexplained and contrarian actions that have occurred since November 2011.

Some reason?

I am restrained by a Court Order that subjects me to Contempt if I am found in violation.

Last edited:
understood but i thought deposition questioning was looser.

In the interest of protecting the client of a potentially criminal manor.... in the interest of protecting Rhemsekces and mike... certainly a paper trail would of been considered.

We can agree to disagree buts its suspect at best.

You can disagree and you're clueless. Must run in the family.

Let’s be clear.

I hate this s$%t. it raises so many obvious questions. Re. Courtney, if he was told of horseplay did anyone ask him why he labeled it "suspected child abuse"? Did he from his association with TSM know more than he let on?
RE Dranov and the state licensing board- has anyone asked the state board to show us their findings? It seems almost impossible Dranov handled it correctly [refer the matter to Joe] and TC and GS didn't. JVP at the time had nothing to do with JS, who Dranov pointed MM toward and Raykovitz was JS boss who TC referred the matter to.

Reactions: Bob78

Not really. In this case, Courtney recommended that the matter be reported to the appropriate authority. Schultz’s file noted as much. Courtney’s testimony on this is also very clear.

That plan was unilaterally changed after Tim met with Joe. The plan originally did not include speaking with Jerry. Joe’s advice was to tell everyone, including Jerry. Tim, believing he had a rehash of the 1998 incident, did not think abuse had occurred. Given the 1998 incident was fully investigated and no charges were lodged against Jerry, Tim made a decision that he likely regrets today. He made a judgment because he believed this was another instance of horseplay.

Many on this board know Tim personally. Do any of you believe he would knowingly allow someone he thought was abusing children to run around just so bad publicity could be avoided?

I hate this s$%t. it raises so many obvious questions. Re. Courtney, if he was told of horseplay did anyone ask him why he labeled it "suspected child abuse"? Did he from his association with TSM know more than he let on?
RE Dranov and the state licensing board- has anyone asked the state board to show us their findings? It seems almost impossible Dranov handled it correctly [refer the matter to Joe] and TC and GS didn't. JVP at the time had nothing to do with JS, who Dranov pointed MM toward and Raykovitz was JS boss who TC referred the matter to.

How else would you have Courtney label it? "Suspected horseplay?" "JerBear frolicking in the shower with pre-pubescent boy?"

I understand your point. The label is damning even though it wasn't intended to be. The discussion was preliminary (before Schultz spoke with the Magic Man), exploratory. In his testimony, Courtney characterized Schultz's understanding of the incident as "horseplay," not sexual abuse, which is why he made the recommendation he did.

Reactions: 1
Let’s be clear.

Is there a report of this available?

I don't see how some alumni and others (and let's admit it, a small percentage of both) can put enough pressure on Barron and the BOT to release the report. As already demonstrated, the BOT has no desire to rehash this report. Money has been paid, sanctions have been lifted, football is back better than before, and people have been found guilty.

As Anthony has already stated, he considered this report as part of his fiduciary responsibility as a Trustee. Of course there are other reasons, but that is where it is likely to remain. Why not go in front of the judge to see if the Court order can be lifted if it is or isnt presented in executive session. My guess that the BOT will vote a motion down to discuss it and the report will just sit there. The only hope I see if a new chair is elected and new BOT members want to take this up, but I don't know why they would.

I really hope that Anthony and the others have a strategy in place other than drum up support from alumni.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT