ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State survives a close one, defeating Northwestern 17-7

Aside from the turnovers even though the game was closer than we'd like it really wasn't bad. We didn't show anything to Michigan--managed to win without ever being truly concerned about losing. The young backs hopefully learn from it and Clifford needs to play better. The defense was strong.

5 turnovers is clearly not acceptable for the level of team we are supposed to be.

Sloppy, sloppy game. The fact that we were able to turn the ball over 5 times and still win (never trailing in the game) says something - they're are only a select group of teams that could play this poorly, turn the ball over 5 times and still win while never trailing in the game.

Sloppy, sloppy game. The fact that we were able to turn the ball over 5 times and still win (never trailing in the game) says something - they're are only a select group of teams that could play this poorly, turn the ball over 5 times and still win while never trailing in the game.

Minus 2 in the turnover margin isn't exactly handing the game to an opponent.

I was disappointed with a lot of what happened in this game. Did we really play to not show anything to Michigan? If so that is a bit reckless. Anything could have happened in the 4th quarter to flip the score. NW was down only 7.

I wasn't happy with the passing game on either side of the ball. I thought our DBs were out of position a lot and we didn't pick the best passing routes to take advantage of bad weather.

Did we even run out of the pistol? Every run looked like a slow draw play. We neutralized ourselves.

Minus 2 in the turnover margin isn't exactly handing the game to an opponent.

I was disappointed with a lot of what happened in this game. Did we really play to not show anything to Michigan? If so that is a bit reckless. Anything could have happened in the 4th quarter to flip the score. NW was down only 7.

I wasn't happy with the passing game on either side of the ball. I thought our DBs were out of position a lot and we didn't pick the best passing routes to take advantage of bad weather.

Did we even run out of the pistol? Every run looked like a slow draw play. We neutralized ourselves.

Again, there are very few teams that can turn the ball over 5 times and still win (never trailing). The fact that our defense was able to create 3 of their own TOs to neutralize the number somewhat is a credit to our defense. So again, I'll stand by my original post - they're are very, very, very few teams that can turn the ball over 5 times and still win while never trailing and leading by 2 scores for the majority of the game.

Again, there are very few teams that can turn the ball over 5 times and still win (never trailing). The fact that our defense was able to create 3 of their own TOs to neutralize the number somewhat is a credit to our defense. So again, I'll stand by my original post - they're are very, very, very few teams that can turn the ball over 5 times and still win while never trailing and leading by 2 scores for the majority of the game.
Oh I agree. NE did nothing on offense with the exception of a long TD on a busted coverage. Weather can be a great neutralizer against an overmatched team. A win is a win. Ask Kentucky.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
ADVERTISEMENT