ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State set to take on Arkansas in the Outback Bowl

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Last edited by a moderator:
Stadium's Brett McMurphy is reporting that the Nittany Lions will take Arkansas in the Outback Bowl. It will be the Nittany Lions' first Outback Bowl appearance since the 2010 season, a 37-24 loss to Florida.

Would be nice to beat an SEC team. Always had a soft spot for the Razorbacks. Anyone who has a hog on there helmets is ok by me.

Haha! Love it! The fact that a New Year's Day bowl wants 5-loss Penn State is a statement about the national appeal of our program.

We've been given a chance to end this God-forsaken year on a very positive note. Hopefully we don't blow it.
Pretty sure we're going to blow it.

While your negative attitude suits you please tell me one player on the ark team and what their offensive and defensive philosophy are so we can know they will blow it.

We’ve proven time after time it doesn’t matter who the other team is, it’s us, not them. We have been our own worst enemy and beaten ourselves in almost every way imaginable, game after game, year after year with this year being the height of ineptitude.

We have meet the enemy and the enemy is us!

We’ve proven time after time it doesn’t matter who the other team is, it’s us, not them. We have been our own worst enemy and beaten ourselves in almost every way imaginable, game after game, year after year with this year being the height of ineptitude.

We have meet the enemy and the enemy is us!
I believe in the positives thoughts theory

Haha! Love it! The fact that a New Year's Day bowl wants 5-loss Penn State is a statement about the national appeal of our program.

We've been given a chance to end this God-forsaken year on a very positive note. Hopefully we don't blow it.
I predict PSU will put up a good fight and take a lead into the 4th quarter before giving up a late TD to Arkansas and losing by 3 pts.

Last edited:
I’m POSITIVE PSU beats themselves more often than they are beaten by their opponents…..way more often.
Like when we were beating the #2 team in the country until 2 DBs ran into each other? Or when we dropped a sure INT that would have sealed a win? Or like how we lost 2-3 games because we didn't have a backup QB ready to play? Are you talking about those kind of things?

Last edited:
RoastPig_Big.gif

Stadium's Brett McMurphy is reporting that the Nittany Lions will take Arkansas in the Outback Bowl. It will be the Nittany Lions' first Outback Bowl appearance since the 2010 season, a 37-24 loss to Florida.

I thought all the know-it-all, loudmouth whiners on here told us that was an impossibility and that Iowa's and Wisconsin's attractiveness, popularity, and fanbases would preclude this. The loudest-mouth, consistently-wrong, b1g-hugging blowhards on here have been wrong yet again relative to how PSU's attractiveness stacks up nationally relative to other b1g teams (i.e., we all know why the Outback Bowl selected PSU - because they could and they're entitled to invite whoever they damn well please..... IOW, PSU's attractiveness on a national level more like duhO$U's or MeatChicken's than it is like the big's traditional "Little Eoght"). But I'm sure they'll keep filling us in on how wrong we are.... out-shouting everyone with their bullshit.

I predict PSU will put up a good fight and take a lead into the 4th quarter before giving up a late TD to Arkansas and losing by 3 pts.
You left out how PSU didn't kick 3 chip shot field goals instead going for it on 4th down and failing all 3 times.

Please, please punt on 4th down when at mid-field and do take the points when they are there to be taken.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The Outback knows whose fans travel and spend. Not 125 trash collecting moochers from Pitt who have to save for years to drive to Pymatuning to watch the ducks walk on fishes backs. Then it's a $1.99 dinner of ham-cab-pot and the ride home.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT