ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State set to open 2022 season unranked in Coaches Poll

How much do you think the buyout would need to drop for the BoT to find it worthwhile?

Those people are real timid when it comes to spending money, right?

How fast could they raise the sum if they agreed to trade renaming Beaver Stadium to Paterno Stadium for boosters to supply the buyout?
Like that's gonna happen. They'll do that right after they bring back the statue.....LOLLOLLOLLOL

That is pretty rosy. Not approaching Kool-Aid drinking but pretty rosy. Right now, I have us at 7 and 5 with a ceiling of 9 and 3 if everything broke our way and that happens rarely. In year 9, I am unhappy with anything less than 10 and 2 but we look years away from that.
Still feel the same? Sounds like you should be extremely pleased with the season's results.

Still feel the same? Sounds like you should be extremely pleased with the season's results.
Actually, I was right. Our schedule was beyond weak. The improbable happened. We played two quality teams all year and lost badly. We played 10 below average teams and beat them. Pretty much a Franklin special.

Actually, I was right. Our schedule was beyond weak. The improbable happened. We played two quality teams all year and lost badly. We played 10 below average teams and beat them. Pretty much a Franklin special.
You were right? You had us at 7-5. Also there is the below quote in this thread.
Sadly, those are the most realistic options for moving forward as a program, and both take years to accomplish. More likely, we'll end up winning 7 or 8 games a year for the next seven or eight seasons while the administration waits for the buyout to drop low enough to make firing him worthwhile.

You were right? You had us at 7-5. Also there is the below quote in this thread.
Yet again, the improbable happened. I can't predict injuries or implosions. But I did predict an uncompetitive loss to Michigan and a blowout to Ohio State. Troll away.

Yet again, the improbable happened. I can't predict injuries or implosions. But I did predict an uncompetitive loss to Michigan and a blowout to Ohio State. Troll away.
Trolling the troll, lol. I'm the troll for quoting your exact preseason predictions and showing how you should be elated that PSU is 10-2, #7/#8, and headed to a NY6 bowl?
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Trolling the troll, lol. I'm the troll for quoting your exact preseason predictions and showing how you should be elated that PSU is 10-2, #7/#8, and headed to a NY6 bowl?
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE
Except for the fact that you cherry picked my prediction. That is what trolls do after all. Can't make an argument so you do what you do. Simple fact, I was right. You know it. I know it. Marshall knows it so does every clown on this site. We lost badly to the good teams we played, and we bead the bad ones which is perfectly in line with Franklin's record. Beat the losers, which is does, lose to above average and good teams which he does. FACTS.

Except for the fact that you cherry picked my prediction. That is what trolls do after all. Can't make an argument so you do what you do. Simple fact, I was right. You know it. I know it. Marshall knows it so does every clown on this site. We lost badly to the good teams we played, and we bead the bad ones which is perfectly in line with Franklin's record. Beat the losers, which is does, lose to above average and good teams which he does. FACTS.
I quoted your entire paragraph in the post with the prediction. It wasn't cherry picked. Why can't you admit that you predicted what the entire quote from your preseason post shows that you predicted? The evidence is there for EVERYONE to see for themselves. Why can't you own your own words? Why can't you deal with PSU at 10-2, #7/#8 in the country and headed to a NY6 bowl?

I quoted your entire paragraph in the post with the prediction. It wasn't cherry picked. Why can't you admit that you predicted what the entire quote from your preseason post shows that you predicted? The evidence is there for EVERYONE to see for themselves. Why can't you own your own words? Why can't you deal with PSU at 10-2, #7/#8 in the country and headed to a NY6 bowl?
Whatever.
giphy.gif

Not enough round holes for Wally. Only he could make a prediction that ends up wrong then backtrack it into being right.

"I picked Michigan and OSU." Uhm, yeah, you and everyone else who made predictions.

You also had us losing upwards of 7 in your worst case scenario and projected to lose week after week regardless of the product on the field.

Crown Fool Wally, Leader of the Square Pegs. Never right. Always wrong.

Not enough round holes for Wally. Only he could make a prediction that ends up wrong then backtrack it into being right.

"I picked Michigan and OSU." Uhm, yeah, you and everyone else who made predictions.

You also had us losing upwards of 7 in your worst case scenario and projected to lose week after week regardless of the product on the field.

Crown Fool Wally, Leader of the Square Pegs. Never right. Always wrong.
He also said 9-3 was the absolute ceiling…I guess in his twisted mind he was right about that.

We have a lot of Bosko’s on this board…maybe they can throw garbage onto Franklin’s lawn.

Reactions: marshall23
If 9-3 was the ceiling, did Penn State raise the roof this year?
9-3 was a reasonable best case. That is true now. However, every team on the schedule sans Michigan and Ohio State underperformed all expectations. Penn State performed exactly as I expected. We are slightly better on both sides of the ball. If we played last year's schedule with this team, we'd be 7 and 5 or 8 and 4. Look at who we beat. Purdue. Very average. Everyone else was below average to bad. If Notre Dame played our schedule, they would be 10 and 2. Same for North Carolina, Iowa, Florida State, UNC, Pitt, Illinois, pretty much every 9 and 3 or 8 and 4 team in the country would finish 10 and 2 with our schedule, not to mention a few 7 and 5 teams.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Iowa?

Who went 7-5 in the West? Would have went 10-2 in the East?

Lmao

Yes, it was that pesky West who hurt them.

Reactions: bison13
9-3 was a reasonable best case. That is true now. However, every team on the schedule sans Michigan and Ohio State underperformed all expectations. Penn State performed exactly as I expected. We are slightly better on both sides of the ball. If we played last year's schedule with this team, we'd be 7 and 5 or 8 and 4. Look at who we beat. Purdue. Very average. Everyone else was below average to bad. If Notre Dame played our schedule, they would be 10 and 2. Same for North Carolina, Iowa, Florida State, UNC, Pitt, Illinois, pretty much every 9 and 3 or 8 and 4 team in the country would finish 10 and 2 with our schedule, not to mention a few 7 and 5 teams.
"PSU performed exactly as I expected." It's just that 10 of the teams on their schedule were worse than I expected. -Wally the Waffle Wiffer......LOL

Notre Dame lost to Marshall and Stanford.....Ohio State and USC. Are you saying PSU would have lost to Marshall and Stanford? LOL Take a standing 8 count, then let you manager throw in the towel.

I hate to pile on Wallace, but he did predict 7-5 and then added >>I am unhappy with anything less than 10 and 2 but we look years away from that.<<

Pretty spectacular misfire there. Moreover, if you're "unhappy with anything less than 10-2," then by definition you're satisfied (at least) with 10-2. The plain meaning of English words.

I credit Wallace for coming back to take his medicine whereas most of the other naysayers appear to have melted into the woodwork. But he makes his predicament worse by all the dodging, evading, and silly reinterpreting of his preseason statement.

There's no shame in having predicted 7-5. Very few had 10-2. I didn't. But damn, just man up and admit you got it wrong. It's OK, you can still hate Franklin if you want...

I credit Wallace for coming back to take his medicine whereas most of the other naysayers appear to have melted into the woodwork.

Wally is like playing chess with a pigeon. "Never play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over. Then shits all over the board. Then struts around like it won.”

It's near impossible to forecast a season. You can't foresee losing your 2 starting RBs by the 4th play of the year ('20). Teams generally play worse when starting QBs go down ('21). You can't help what befalls your opponents. Is it our fault Auburn was mediocre? That injuries cost Minnesota 1-2 games? (A healthy Morgan doesn't beat us, but I think they beat Purdue and Illinois if healthy) Tucker was supposed to be the portal guru, yet they lost more than they should have.

Having 3 teams in one division go 12-0, 11-1, and 10-2 is going to skew the ratings of conference opponents when you play 9 conference games. The West went 8-13 vs the East. Zero upsets of the top 3.

At the end of the day, Wally has to be a troll (wild takes far from the norm on the rare occasion he is positive) and or an ăsshole (the constant rebuttals of "I'm right", "this is fact", "end of story") who just has to feel he's right about everything without fail.

I hate to pile on Wallace, but he did predict 7-5 and then added >>I am unhappy with anything less than 10 and 2 but we look years away from that.<<

Pretty spectacular misfire there. Moreover, if you're "unhappy with anything less than 10-2," then by definition you're satisfied (at least) with 10-2. The plain meaning of English words.

I credit Wallace for coming back to take his medicine whereas most of the other naysayers appear to have melted into the woodwork. But he makes his predicament worse by all the dodging, evading, and silly reinterpreting of his preseason statement.

There's no shame in having predicted 7-5. Very few had 10-2. I didn't. But damn, just man up and admit you got it wrong. It's OK, you can still hate Franklin if you want...
I just wish someone could explain to me how someone would take the time to come here and repeatedly demonstrate how much they detest the coach and concoct every scenario to discredit team accomplishments.
Not for one season.....but year after year.
No one, even the most biased Franklin supporter or die hard Nittany Lion fan, could have been happy with the past two seasons. That is understandable. Those seasons creating skepticism.....understandable.
But 10-2 is a very good season. Not great because you couldn't beat the best teams on the schedule. But ten wins and by every measure a roster (recruited by the "hapless" Franklin) that has already demonstrated ability and points to greater achievement for another two seasons.
If you are that bitter......why come here? I've turned away from many things. If I go to a business establishment, say a restaurant, and the experience isn't pleasant, I go somewhere else. Isn't that what most normal people do?
Franklin has 9 years left on his contract. (for what we are paying him) LOL we are paying him ). After the Kiffen extension and the Rhule contract...CJF at 7 million per year isn't even in the top 12 anymore. Get over it.
If you are dumb enough to think money guarantees wins...think Mel Tucker, Jimbo Fisher, David Shaw and Mario Cristobal. James Franklin isn't going anywhere and PSU is unlikely to become the perennial master of both Michigan and Ohio State. We'd all like to beat OSU 2 out of 5 at least....I believe that is about where PSU has been the past 6 years with Michigan. With the new playoff format, a goal of being in 3 of 4 years would be reasonable. But the outright hatred and ridiculous posturing to discredit potential positive achievement....is IMO a malady.

Wally is like playing chess with a pigeon. "Never play chess with a pigeon. The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over. Then shits all over the board. Then struts around like it won.”

It's near impossible to forecast a season. You can't foresee losing your 2 starting RBs by the 4th play of the year ('20). Teams generally play worse when starting QBs go down ('21). You can't help what befalls your opponents. Is it our fault Auburn was mediocre? That injuries cost Minnesota 1-2 games? (A healthy Morgan doesn't beat us, but I think they beat Purdue and Illinois if healthy) Tucker was supposed to be the portal guru, yet they lost more than they should have.

Having 3 teams in one division go 12-0, 11-1, and 10-2 is going to skew the ratings of conference opponents when you play 9 conference games. The West went 8-13 vs the East. Zero upsets of the top 3.

At the end of the day, Wally has to be a troll (wild takes far from the norm on the rare occasion he is positive) and or an ăsshole (the constant rebuttals of "I'm right", "this is fact", "end of story") who just has to feel he's right about everything without fail.
21 Guns sick

Never heard that before but it is so true. From now on, Wally will be referred to as The Pigeon.

ADVERTISEMENT