ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State season stats do not resemble the 4-5 record

Which indicates a serious problem with recruiting/coaching.
No it doesn’t, not even close. And I’m guessing the listening problems this year had far more to do with how they had to have practice due to Covid than any coaching issues. And please don’t bring up that some teams did well during Covid because many of those same teams don’t do well during non-Covid seasons.

Really hoping they can get a full off season of workouts in ... I do like how the offense with the OC and OLine came around. With a good off season of workouts on technique and scheme would be a good launch point for next season. I do think our Oline is going to be a strength next year with this coach I do like him and the technique he is working and teaching the linemen.

No it doesn’t, not even close. And I’m guessing the listening problems this year had far more to do with how they had to have practice due to Covid than any coaching issues. And please don’t bring up that some teams did well during Covid because many of those same teams don’t do well during non-Covid seasons.
Wow, you will resort to any excuse to rationalize.

If you've recruited a team of players that will not listen to you that is on you, not the player, not COVID, weather patterns, the economy, etc... It is a direct result of the coach's actions.

If you've recruited a team of players that will not listen to you that is on you, not the player, not COVID, weather patterns, the economy, etc... It is a direct result of the coach's actions.
The players we had playing were far better than all of the teams we lost to except Ohio state.

We like franklin but he did not coach well and didn’t handle and execute this odd year very well.

Next year is looking like 8-4. He has some real issues that have been exposed and are now exploited by other coaches. He must change his coaching style!

Reactions: crm114psu
The players we had playing were far better than all of the teams we lost to except Ohio state.

We like franklin but he did not coach well and didn’t handle and execute this odd year very well.

Next year is looking like 8-4. He has some real issues that have been exposed and are now exploited by other coaches. He must change his coaching style!

Franklin is certainly NOT a timeout Ninja master, now is he??

Please explain to me how you know if someone is going to listen to you before you get them on your team....I’ll wait.

Anyone care to speculate how OSU went from the No. 1 pass defense in 2019 to No. 104 in 2020? Can't blame that on the Jimmys and Joes.

They did have to replace their defensive coordinator, FWIW.

Penn State, believe it or not, finished at No. 26 in pass defense this year.

Anyone care to speculate how OSU went from the No. 1 pass defense in 2019 to No. 104 in 2020? Can't blame that on the Jimmys and Joes.

They did have to replace their defensive coordinator, FWIW.

Penn State, believe it or not, finished at No. 26 in pass defense this year.
They lost Chase Young for starters. An elite pass rusher works wonders for a pass defense.

Passing yards allowed is one stat that is misleading. On one hand, your defense stinks. No coverage or QB pressure.

On the other hand, it also can indicate that your offense is really good and scores a lot, putting the other team in a hole. Opponents have to ditch the run game to try and keep up on the scoreboard.

or your rush defense is so good you have no choice but to pass.
Yes I agree it can be a misleading stat

ADVERTISEMENT