ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State receives pre-seeds for Big Ten Tournament

Great look for Berge. Tough for first match for Bartlett v Blockhus. Let’s ride!

Other than Bartlett, draws look favorable.

Only reasonable I say that about Bartlett is he draws the guy who handily beat him last year at Big Tens.

Other than Bartlett, draws look favorable.

Only reasonable I say that about Bartlett is he draws the guy who handily beat him last year at Big Tens.
On the contrary, if Bartlett beats Blockhus I think Gomez is a much better matchup then Lovett in the quarters.
agree with this and blockhus has not been great this year. actually, his big tens performance last year has proven to be an outlier. he's been very average outside of those 2 days. definitely winnable for bartlett.

Could see Hildebrandt against Ayala in the semis. Kaleb Young and Berge in the quarters. Edsell against Marinelli in the quarters. Cass versus Kerk in the semis. Should see Kem and Starocci in the semis
Thought 6 v 10 winner got #3 in quarters which would mean Lewan? And 7 v 11 would get #2?

Thought 6 v 10 winner got #3 in quarters which would mean Lewan? And 7 v 11 would get #2?
3/14
4/13
5/12
6/11
7/10
8/9
BYE: 1 & 2

Quarters
1 gets 8/9
2 gets 7/10
3 gets 6/11
4 gets 5/12

So a 2 vs 6 semi is possible.

6 PSU first round byes.
Stings the bonus point potential a bit.
At least Kerk gets a 3/14 to start his day.
I thought you got the bonus points from your second round match doubled if you got a first round bye. I know it is easier to get bonus points against a first round guy than a second round guy, but I thought the possibility existed of making up the bonus points from a first round bye. Am I in laa laa land here or am I correct?

Reactions: mcpat
Obviously I don't think Brady is a favorite right now over Kaleb Young or anything but Model round 1 and him 2nd round is more favorable than any scenario where he faces Ryan Deakin lol.

Similarly, I didn't think he matched up that well against Kendall Coleman last year.

Thoughts on why Seabass isn't the 2 seed? Not that it matters much but out of curiosity.

Reactions: mcpat
Thoughts on why Seabass isn't the 2 seed? Not that it matters much but out of curiosity.
Pretty simple, unfair but obvious why they did it. They weren't dinging Eierman for losing to Lee when Seabass didn't wrestle him or Lee.

Now obviously, Seabass was prepared to wrestle Lee so you can argue he should get the 1 seed even. But it's 1 or 3 and they chose 3.

HE SHOULD WIN IF HE DOESNT GO BODY LOCKS!
Cass will work to force it. I'm pretty sure Cael has had this match as one he planned for a while after the loss because it was obvious it would likely be the semi.

Looks like the BIG10 could be pretty well settled after the Semis. #Giterdone

if Kirk wrestles like he did with Mason he can beat anyone maybe even Gable take some lessons from Cassar!
im-gonna-stop-you-right-there-stop-it.gif

A little curious that 10-3 Edsell is behind 14-13 Carlson (loser of his last 5 matches; 2-6 against Big Ten starters) and 8-9 Bubba Wilson (3-5 against Big Ten Starters).

I understand Edsell’s schedule hasn’t been the strongest. But his record is appreciably better. And he has decent non-conference wins over Revano and Meyer.

Note I said only “a little”.

That said, I like his chances against Lohrey regardless.

Reactions: ccdiver
Pretty simple, unfair but obvious why they did it. They weren't dinging Eierman for losing to Lee when Seabass didn't wrestle him or Lee.

Now obviously, Seabass was prepared to wrestle Lee so you can argue he should get the 1 seed even. But it's 1 or 3 and they chose 3.
Obviously mineo and RU fans are a little but hurt. But whether it's the 2 or 3 it doesn't matter. He gets the riddler to face lee. If JE wins committee looks good. Seabass wins....well who cares

A little curious that 10-3 Edsell is behind 14-13 Carlson (loser of his last 5 matches; 2-6 against Big Ten starters) and 8-9 Bubba Wilson (3-5 against Big Ten Starters).

I understand Edsell’s schedule hasn’t been the strongest. But his record is appreciably better. And he has decent non-conference wins over Revano and Meyer.

It certainly is...interesting.

i don't think non conference wins factor into seeding at all. and he only had 1 win over the big ten field (14 seed bell from md). carlson had the better win over 8 seed wilson.

got screwed by not getting a full slate and when he did wrestle, he got the back ups from OSU, IU, and Nebraska. never had a chance to build a resume.

i don't think non conference wins factor into seeding at all. and he only had 1 win over the big ten field (14 seed bell from md). carlson had the better win over 8 seed wilson.

got screwed by not getting a full slate and when he did wrestle, he got the back ups from OSU, IU, and Nebraska. never had a chance to build a resume.
I know getting Berge matches was important but hindsight 20-20, Edsell not getting Fish/Amine (neither who look like world beaters this year) hurt Creighton also.

I thought you got the bonus points from your second round match doubled if you got a first round bye. I know it is easier to get bonus points against a first round guy than a second round guy, but I thought the possibility existed of making up the bonus points from a first round bye. Am I in laa laa land here or am I correct?
You are not correct. One "extra" Advancement Point, in addition to the one earned, for the #1 & #2 seeds that win their round 2 bout. There are no free Bonus Points.

Obviously mineo and RU fans are a little but hurt. But whether it's the 2 or 3 it doesn't matter. He gets the riddler to face lee. If JE wins committee looks good. Seabass wins....well who cares
Seabass got the worst possible draw of anyone in any weight class (considering there is a valid argument he should be #1). Micic->Eierman->Lee. It's hard to imagine anyone will be able to run that gauntlet.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT