ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State QB Ta'Quan Roberson enters Transfer Portal

Now that Franklin has signed a significant extension.....how long will every thread have posts from "loyal" Penn State Fans who live to "outcoach" him? It's incredible that so many insightful ,knowledgeable, starets could find their way to one message board. "We Are" blessed!

You should know by now that any post, regardless of how innocuous, is an open invitation for some to criticize Franklin and/or other coaches. Why we had one “expert” proclaim that Franklin should have benched Roberson who had 2 plus years at PSU “when it became clear he was not able to compete” and replace him with Viilleux who would have been playing in the 6th game of his true freshman year after not playing at all his senior year in high school on the road at a very hostile environment: Iowa. This “insight” of course was not based on watching any practices, but of course that’s irrelevant.
If you don’t view the debacle at Iowa as something for which the coaching staff should be blamed, then you lose any credibility you have with respect to objectivity regarding the (actually any) coaching staff. I know you’re a coach at some level and therefore believe that non-coaches are not entitled to opinions on coaching, but to me that demonstrates some bizarre coaching fraternity thin skin or circle the wagons approach, not any particular insight on your part.

I doubt very seriously whether you or any other “you’re not a coach so you can’t criticize coaches” types subscribe to the same prohibitions when it comes to, say, the performance of actors in movies/plays/TV, or presidents of the United States, or chefs, or . . . After all, you weren’t at the (equivalent of practice) rehearsal or the situation room or the kitchen or . . . So how could you know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT