ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State Prepped to Roll Out Big Ten's Most Proven Receiving Core

You learned a lot about Parker Washington the day he stepped in big to make up for not being able to pick up 3 yards rushing vs the vaunted Nova front 7. A lotta speed, that's how you're gonna beat rocks like Nova and Ohio State at home- speed.

82 ranked offense with Dotson. Not sure if most proven receiving corps means anything good for penn state or just how bad the Big is.

82 ranked offense with Dotson. Not sure if most proven receiving corps means anything good for penn state or just how bad the Big is.
Most "proven" WR corps is probably accurate. Most talented? Best? Most dynamic? OSU's WR corps will take that honor and it won't even be close.

Smith-Njigba will be the best WR in the nation by a good margin. Only reason why they're not "most proven" is because Harrison and Egbuka will be first-time starters. But they look like future 1st rounders.

Demus and Jarrett at Maryland probably #2. Ronnie Bell coming back for Michigan to go along with Roman Wilson and their corps puts them in that #3/4 conversation with us. I'd give us the slight edge over Michigan.

The improvement or lack thereof in run blocking and the addition of Singleton/Allen (who in hopes push Lee to be better as well) goes a lot further than how proven our WR Corp is.

Tinsley has great #s, but he's still got to do it vs the Big 10. Hopefully S&C has got him on the Dotson speed drills.

Washington is a very good WR, but unless he can get faster his ceiling is as a true possession guy. He thrived with a guy like Dotson, who caught everything and got faster every year he was here, but can he be the #1 guy?

KLS and Meiga seem to be the vertical threat / take a slant all the way guys, but they need to put it together consistently.

Seems to be good publicity around Wallace and learning from Dotson. Perhaps he can step up.

It's OSU #1, by a longshot (Stroud throwing to them being vital) and everybody else looking at their ass up the ladder.

They have proven they can get open in 5 seconds which unfortunately doesn't quite work when you have 5 turnstiles up front giving Clifford about .8 seconds to throw before having to run for his life.

My suggestion to you pamper wetting Karens is stay away from the gun case. Or, maybe not.

The improvement or lack thereof in run blocking and the addition of Singleton/Allen (who in hopes push Lee to be better as well) goes a lot further than how proven our WR Corp is.

Tinsley has great #s, but he's still got to do it vs the Big 10. Hopefully S&C has got him on the Dotson speed drills.

Washington is a very good WR, but unless he can get faster his ceiling is as a true possession guy. He thrived with a guy like Dotson, who caught everything and got faster every year he was here, but can he be the #1 guy?

KLS and Meiga seem to be the vertical threat / take a slant all the way guys, but they need to put it together consistently.

Seems to be good publicity around Wallace and learning from Dotson. Perhaps he can step up.

It's OSU #1, by a longshot (Stroud throwing to them being vital) and everybody else looking at their ass up the ladder.
Tinsley did do it against B10 competition. WK played IU and MSU in 2021 and Tinsley had 11 receptions for 195 yards in those two games. A 17.7 ypc
average. As others have noted, it's all about the oline.......

If Tinsley produces near those numbers for PSU against the B10, with the rest of the WR roster, WR will not hold back the offense.

Last edited:
Tinsley did do it against B10 competition. WK played IU and MSU in 2021 and Tinsley had 11 receptions for 195 yards in those two games. A 17.7 ypc

If Tinsley produces near those numbers for PSU against the B10, with the rest of the WR roster, WR will not hold back the offense.
project that out for a whole season and hes at 66 rec for 1170, those would be great numbers. My guess is that Washington leads in rec and Tinsley will be #2 with around 50 rec for 700 yards

Agreed, the receiver group should be good enough if we get consistent play from the QB and the offensive line can open holes for the running game.

project that out for a whole season and hes at 66 rec for 1170, those would be great numbers. My guess is that Washington leads in rec and Tinsley will be #2 with around 50 rec for 700 yards
Also worth noting that WKU's QB threw for 6,000 yards and 62 TDs last year -- they averaged 50 pass attempts per game.

Tinsley was their #2 WR behind a guy who caught 150 passes for nearly 2,000 yards. Needless to say, he got a ton of balls thrown his way. I wouldn't expect nearly that volume at PSU.

I think your projection is a fair one. I'd be happy with ~40 catches for ~600 yards.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT