ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Penn State / Minnesota White Out Recruit Visitor List

Thanks for posting.

Pretty sad that with the needs that remain in the 2023 class (OT, OT, OT, DT, Game breaking WR, RB, and LB) that the only non-committed 2023 top recruit coming to the white out is Keys the LB that is still committed to UNC.

Reactions: fkkkjm
Thanks for posting.

Pretty sad that with the needs that remain in the 2023 class (OT, OT, OT, DT, Game breaking WR, RB, and LB) that the only non-committed 2023 top recruit coming to the white out is Keys the LB that is still committed to UNC.
With the way we've struggled the last 2/3 years on the field, we're recruiting pretty well.

Reactions: MacNit07
With the way we've struggled the last 2/3 years on the field, we're recruiting pretty well.
That's B.S.

PSU has a game day atmosphere second to none, and has a history, recent and long term, of it's players getting to the NFL in large numbers.

Franklin got off to a great start on the 2023 class COMING OFF TWO PATHETIC SEASONS. But it seems recently can't fill out the class to address the remaining needs of the roster.

If you are really a PSU graduate/fan from just 2011, I've been following PSU football recruiting since way before your were born.

But thanks for your enlightening comment!!!

That's B.S.

PSU has a game day atmosphere second to none, and has a history, recent and long term, of it's players getting to the NFL in large numbers.

Franklin got off to a great start on the 2023 class COMING OFF TWO PATHETIC SEASONS. But it seems recently can't fill out the class to address the remaining needs of the roster.

If you are really a PSU graduate/fan from just 2011, I've been following PSU football recruiting since way before your were born.

But thanks for your enlightening comment!!!
My comment was a positive comment saying that we've recruited well. I've been going to games since I was 4.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
My comment was a positive comment saying that we've recruited well. I've been going to games since I was 4.
I know your comment was positive.

But the fact that Franklin and his staff can only get one 2023 target, a player still commited elsewhere, to the white out, the best atmosphere in college football, when there are still obvious needs for the 2023 class (OT, RB, LB, DL), is a negative. Not a positive.

Franklin admitted after the UM game that his team's lines need to be bigger and more physical. The first step in that direction might logically be to add a couple bigger, physical players to the 2023 recruiting class......

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit07

But the fact that Franklin and his staff can only get one 2023 target, a player still commited elsewhere, to the white out, the best atmosphere in college football, when there are still obvious needs for the 2023 class (OT, RB, LB, DL), is a negative. Not a positive.

Barring kids flipping their commitment away from us, our class is basically full outside of 3 possible spots, no?

Recruiting is double edged. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Franklin admitted after the UM game that his team's lines need to be bigger and more physical. The first step in that direction might logically be to add a couple bigger, physical players to the 2023 recruiting class......
Yeah, remember the 2005 game at the Beav against OSU! We must have had at least (40) top 2006 recruits on the sidelines, and got many of our top targets after that game.

I was there for the game. Rained like hell all day long, then turned into a cold mist just before game time. What a night with about 108,500 attending.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Just now watching last years Pitt/Clemson game at Pitt. The announcer said that Pitt has"150 Recruits" at that game. No wonder we stall late in the season in recruiting our top targets. Pitt's OL was manhandling Clemson's DL. Maybe something in their playbook we should adopt since they always appear to have a physical OL every year!

Just now watching last years Pitt/Clemson game at Pitt. The announcer said that Pitt has"150 Recruits" at that game. No wonder we stall late in the season in recruiting our top targets. Pitt's OL was manhandling Clemson's DL. Maybe something in their playbook we should adopt since they always appear to have a physical OL every year!
Clemson was bad last year and Pitt had their once in a generation good year - if you look at their recruiting ranking not impressive- quantity does not always equal quality

Clemson was bad last year and Pitt had their once in a generation good year - if you look at their recruiting ranking not impressive- quantity does not always equal quality
True, but I wish our OL could run block like Pitt. Even though they recruit lower rated players, their OL was really good in run blocking.

Barring kids flipping their commitment away from us, our class is basically full outside of 3 possible spots, no?

Recruiting is double edged. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Yep the class is almost full. But the total number is dependent on players leaving via the portal.

But even for 3 spots open where are the visitors for the season's premier game atmosphere? The open spots are likely best available for the most part, but we know PSU needs a true OT and another RB in the class, and likely a DT and/or LB. And for all the WR's on the roster it seems to be void of a true deep threat. Evans may be that but I'm referring to a larger, fast WR that is strong enough to come down with the 50-50 balls and turn them into 80-20 balls like ARob, Godwin,...

One would believe that the staff is trying to flip some players that are committed to lower profile programs at this point, especially given that the H.S. season is more than half over and the staff has continued to evaluate players, especially at the positions of need. So any of those players that the staff is reaching out to one would think that the staff tried to get them to this weekend's game. But maybe more of that contact, and even official visits, will take place at the end of the season and before the early signing date. Who knows......

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Thanks for posting.

Guess other recruits have got better things to do. Perhaps they don't share your enthusiasm for the gimmick game. Or they may be drawn to programs that are actually trending upward. Who knows? Not really concerned, we don't need those recruits anyway, they probably aren't anywhere near "classy" enough to be Penn State material. Hell, they would probably refer to our rivals as UM and OSU instead of the classy names like ScUM and OHowIHate. We don't want that crap, would just drag us down.

• Wow
Reactions: dswartz
Guess other recruits have got better things to do. Perhaps they don't share your enthusiasm for the gimmick game. Or they may be drawn to programs that are actually trending upward. Who knows? Not really concerned, we don't need those recruits anyway, they probably aren't anywhere near "classy" enough to be Penn State material. Hell, they would probably refer to our rivals as UM and OSU instead of the classy names like ScUM and OHowIHate. We don't want that crap, would just drag us down.
Fortunately "other recruits" do have great enthusiasm for the white out. Not that this has anything to do with my opinion on it, and your assumptions on my opinion. The PSU sideline will be filled with top targets, but mostly uncommitted 2024 and 2025 class recruits, in addition to a good many of the committed 2023 recruits. Just not many 2023 uncommitted recruits. So many overall that Franklin said he has to limit them due to the sideline space being the limiting factor.

And if you want to cry about what you consider unclassy comments, respond to those that make them. Not me. But alas, I won't see them even if you do respond to me as I'm adding you to the group of cryers I have on "ignore". Cheers!

Last edited:
Yeah, remember the 2005 game at the Beav against OSU! We must have had at least (40) top 2006 recruits on the sidelines, and got many of our top targets after that game.

I was there for the game. Rained like hell all day long, then turned into a cold mist just before game time. What a night with about 108,500 attending.
oh what a night:

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT