ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State / Michigan Kickoff In 6-Day Window

johnrclark12

Gold Member
Sep 11, 2018
It was revealed minutes ago that TV partners will utilize the 6-day window again for selecting games and kickoff times next weekend for the Big Ten. Also reported by Buckeye sources that Ohio State/Purdue will NOT be a primetime game and will start at either noon or 3:30.

Big 12 announced their games today with Oklahoma @ Baylor being chosen as either Big Noon or 8 pm primetime game (FOX regardless). Could this game get the opposite time slot on FOX?

Oregon/Washington is the primetime game on ESPN.

The game is scheduled to be a student-only white-out, with the way the season has been going, I don't see the hype in trying to get a full stadium one again.

Minnesota/Iowa is another big game next weekend as the winner could very likely be the West champions. What do you guys think? What do you prefer for kickoff time?

Last edited:
According to this:

Minn-Iowa is going to BTN.

Don't know who has first pick that day (FOX or Disney) but I'd say unless Michigan and PSU both lose, that game should be the noon or possibly 3:30/4 PM matchup, depending on network.

If Purdue, Indiana, and Maryland all pull upsets this weekend, assuming Nebraska doesn't upset Ohio State, that could make things interesting. Purdue-OSU could get the nod as the "big game" given Purdue's past history of pulling upsets against OSU. Should actually be an interesting weekend to set up next week!

My guess:

Mich-PSU - 4 PM FOX
Purdue-OSU - Noon ABC
MD-MSU - 3:30 ESPN or possibly ABC

This site is always fun for speculation:

https://506forums.com/index.php?topic=24055.0

Reactions: johnrclark12
I read ESPN Gameday was all set to go to Columbus and then switched when we lost to Illinois. Ouch.

Update:

This was also the last time this year networks were allowed to use the 6-day window option. Looks like we are in store for either ABC 3:30 or FOX Big Noon.

Another interesting tidbit, PSU has to have at least one more game on BTN. So look for Rutgers game to be BTN.

Reactions: Obliviax
Update:

This was also the last time this year networks were allowed to use the 6-day window option. Looks like we are in store for either ABC 3:30 or FOX Big Noon.

Another interesting tidbit, PSU has to have at least one more game on BTN. So look for Rutgers game to be BTN.
I am thinking 3:30 on ABC or ESPN.. Fox has the Oklahoma-Baylor matchup and I think that will be their Big Noon game. That is a pretty big matchup.

Reactions: Ian
It was revealed minutes ago that TV partners will utilize the 6-day window again for selecting games and kickoff times next weekend for the Big Ten. Also reported by Buckeye sources that Ohio State/Purdue will NOT be a primetime game and will start at either noon or 3:30.

Big 12 announced their games today with Oklahoma @ Baylor being chosen as either Big Noon or 8 pm primetime game (FOX regardless). Could this game get the opposite time slot on FOX?

The game is scheduled to be a student-only white-out, with the way the season has been going, I don't see the hype in trying to get a full stadium one again.

Minnesota/Iowa is another big game next weekend as the winner could very likely be the West champions. What do you guys think? What do you prefer for kickoff time?
I believe Washington and Oregon is this weekend, we are talking about next weekend.

I read ESPN Gameday was all set to go to Columbus and then switched when we lost to Illinois. Ouch.
Yep. Also interesting is that it is apparently the 25th anniversary of the first Corso “headgear” pick which was for a tOSU/PSU game

Noon games should be eliminated from the face of the earth.

Whoa, there are topic tags now. I'm not sure what's more amusing, the existence of the "football" tag or the fact that there's only one post tagged as a football topic on the front page of the free football board. :D

ADVERTISEMENT