ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State men's basketball guard Sam Sessoms enters transfer portal

Sam Sessoms is in the transfer portal with one year of eligibility remaining.
This is an interesting and pretty surprising move. Micah Shrewsberry talked yesterday about not having to re-recruit his team like he did last year, and now he's already got one player in the portal. Shrewsberry also talked about the selflessness of Dread and Sessoms and that he didn't know if either one was using their extra year yet. Full quote attached:

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    331.4 KB · Views: 9
This guy is yet another example of what made John Hararr so special.
So many of the rest of them are overpaid courtesans ( being polite with that word).

Sam has a tendency to put up a lot of wide shots. When they go in great, when they don't and he keeps doing it he got an earful from Shrew. Shoot selection IMO is what bumped him out of the starting lineup. I'm sure he also leads the team with his shot being blocked. If we one or two of the incoming FR can hit the three with any type regularity, Sam will not be missed if he decides to bail on the program.

Reactions: bison13
Sam has a tendency to put up a lot of wide shots. When they go in great, when they don't and he keeps doing it he got an earful from Shrew. Shoot selection IMO is what bumped him out of the starting lineup. I'm sure he also leads the team with his shot being blocked. If we one or two of the incoming FR can hit the three with any type regularity, Sam will not be missed if he decides to bail on the program.
Sessoms got loose with the ball at times but made big strides in that department at the end of the year. Also surprising to note he led the team in 3pt % at 42%

He was the only guy in our roster who could take to the basket. I think he moved out of starting lineup to balance scoring not as a demotion. He was 3rd in minutes behind Picket who rarely sat and Seth.

He was the only guy in our roster who could take to the basket. I think he moved out of starting lineup to balance scoring not as a demotion. He was 3rd in minutes behind Picket who rarely sat and Seth.
Correct. Him coming off the bench was never really about him not being a leader on the team. That's why the entry is even more surprising

ADVERTISEMENT