ADVERTISEMENT

PENN STATE HOOPS

The line for tonight’s OSU/PSU game is somewhere between pick em and OSU -1. It is fairly obvious that Vegas believes that PSU has gotten better over the season. Can’t recall PSU being a small dog or a pick em v a top 10 team at home.

A win tonight would go far towards tournament hopes.

And Penn State opens as a 1 point favorite.

Where's the knuckleheads at that told me Ohio State would be favored?

The line for tonight’s OSU/PSU game is somewhere between pick em and OSU -1. It is fairly obvious that Vegas believes that PSU has gotten better over the season. Can’t recall PSU being a small dog or a pick em v a top 10 team at home.

A win tonight would go far towards tournament hopes.

5dimes has Penn State -1

Definitely like that PSU is favored because the general public will be on Ohio State. I feel like it'll be awfully tough to beat them again but sometimes teams just match up with others really well. We've been starting fast and if that happens, maybe the crowd can become an asset tonight. Curtains still up for the upper level.. we'll know when there's real excitement for the team when they start selling upper level seats again.

So will the 6th man turn out tonight for this huge game? Are there any excuses such as weather, exams, etc. to prohibit everyone in the community from filling the seats? If they come out I say PSU pulls out a close one. If the curtains are pulled out I say PSU loses a close one. Make it rowdy State College residents!

So will the 6th man turn out tonight for this huge game? Are there any excuses such as weather, exams, etc. to prohibit everyone in the community from filling the seats? If they come out I say PSU pulls out a close one. If the curtains are pulled out I say PSU loses a close one. Make it rowdy State College residents!
It’s a beautiful day out here in Western PA - if I didn’t have an 8:30 meeting on Friday morning, I’d be making the haul up 22. Shouldn’t be any excuses for the locals and students not to turn out.

Well there is this little even called THON that starts tomorrow lol

I'm a realist. There is a reason PSU is not on anyone's bubble, yet. Its because of those losses. I'm a realist. They won't be getting much credit for beating OSU at home. They will get more credit for winning a road game at Nebraska and obviously Purdue if that happens. Then they can pair impressive road wins with each other.

Do you not understand how the committee works? I have faith and yes they are a better team today than they were in December but its a resume for a reason. They had chances early in the year and losses AT HOME to horrible teams will probably do them in. It doesn't help that they could not beat A&M earlier this year. They also had an opportunity against another bubble team and lost in NC St.

The weight of road game wins is huge to the committee and I agree, winning on the road is really hard in college hoops. They lost at NW, at IU, at MSU, at Maryland. They won at Iowa and Illinois who are terrible, so they get no credit. They won at OSU which is only reason they have a pulse to get in.

Can they get another big road win? Can they beat both Michigan and OSU at home? They need to finish at least 3-1, get a lot of luck in other bubble teams losing and win at least 3 conf tourney games (the first one will count for nothing because the team they will play will be horrible)

They dug this hole by losing to Rider, Minnesota and Wiscy at home. So lets hope they dig out.

Was this lazy?

Hey NitOpp!!! Hope you had a great night and enjoyed the game. Your thoughts now? I don't think this is a team that will lay an 0-3 egg, nor a 1-2 egg. I say 3-0 to finish or 2-1 at the least...what say you? Looking forward to your response...

Penn State's RPI is currently at 73 per http://www.rpiforecast.com. Some interesting scenarios:
1) Finish 1-2 (Win Michigan) -- RPI forecast = 73
2) Finish 2-1 (Win UM, Nebraska) -- RPI forecast = 53
3) Finish 3-0 -- RPI forecast = 48

The opportunity for this team is there.

Finish with a RPI of 53, with how we played in our final 10 games? That has the Big Dance all over it, no matter what we do in the BTT, IMO. We are piquing at the perfect time

Hey NitOpp!!! Hope you had a great night and enjoyed the game. Your thoughts now? I don't think this is a team that will lay an 0-3 egg, nor a 1-2 egg. I say 3-0 to finish or 2-1 at the least...what say you? Looking forward to your response...
Beating #8, even at home, by over 20 points, gets us a ton of credit. That post was incorrect. It also goes to show that the win @ OSU was not a fluke.

KenPom actually has us as #28. I thought 3-1/2-1 gets us in .... I think because of the beatdown on the Buckeyes 3-1/1-1 or 4-0 might get us in as well

5 of 6 upper sections were filled announced crowd just shy of 11K.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT