ADVERTISEMENT

PENN STATE HOOPS

Breeze90

Jan 21, 2015
BUBBLE WATCH BABY

79846930-0a49-11e6-abac-4f85bfec1ac4_Screen-Shot-2016-04-24-at-2-21-38-PM.png.cf.jpg

The best part is... regardless what happens the rest of this season, we are not a senior laden team that is going to suck next year.

Huge for OOC RPI that Texas A&M beat both Auburn and Kentucky this week but unfortunately may lead to them taking a spot.

Ohio State. Ohio State. Ohio State.

Just keep winning. Hopefully we can get Tate and Bates-Diop in early foul trouble again and put some pressure on them.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Losses at home to Minnesota, Wisconsin and Rider will have us in the NIT.

If we win 3 out of our last 4, which I think we can, we will finish 11-7, 21-10, 5th in B1G. I think that gives us a shot at the tourney even with those losses because we will finish having won 8 of our last 10 with wins against at least 3 ranked teams during that stretch.

The best part is... regardless what happens the rest of this season, we are not a senior laden team that is going to suck next year.
Agree. Need a perimeter shooter to replace Shep though.

Agree. Need a perimeter shooter to replace Shep though.
Dread appears to fit that mold (and Bolton to an extent as well). But my bigger concern is the depth at the 5 (Moore has given us good minutes and his loss will hurt). Don't know what we'll get out of the freshman, don't really think that Harrar can guard B1G 5's, and don't know what the future will hold for Pierce.

Better than sPitt hoops.

Very very true.

But I suspect that their year-over-year ranking vs PSU in basketball would closely mirror our year-over-year ranking vs Pitt in football.

In the past 20 years, for example, I suspect Pitt basketball has outperformed PSU basketball probably 16-18 times.....and PSU football has probably outperformed Pitt football 16-18 times.

Just a quick $.02 from the peanut gallery tonight. Certainly not worth doing any actual research.

Reactions: nits74
Losses at home to Minnesota, Wisconsin and Rider will have us in the NIT.

Love the positive attitude...I think we can beat all four of the teams left...the road games will be tough...and we probably won't...but I can't stand posts like yours...it took you no effort, heart or expertise to post what you did..lazy and oh-so predictable...this is a way different team now than back then...there is still a lot of room for the team to control its own destiny...that's what you should be posting instead of just mailing it in...have some faith...the team has a shitload of talent and young potential.....

Reactions: Cpeplion
21-6 with wins at home to Minnesota, Wiscy and Rider. Imagine that!
We'd be talking about what seed they'll be rather than whether or not they'll get an invite. The team is really coming together and incredibly exciting to watch right now, but Chambers' teams have often had a lot of bad early losses and this year they are especially disappointing. The minny loss isn't so bad but Wisconsin and Rider are inexcusable.

Look at all us NCAA tournament experts on this Penn State board of all places,,,, who knew there were any until now? lol

Reactions: 91Joe95
Which PSU head coach BTW had the 2 NCAA tournament appearances beating a number 2 seed in one of them plus an NIT runner up team and coached for 8 years at PSU.

He’s better than the two players from Kentucky that are projected first round picks (based on watching the games).
So depending the player you both agree and disagree with nba draft.

So depending the player you both agree and disagree with nba draft.
No, I disagree with your post that a ranking service is only basing on stats and not watching him play. I’ve watched him play and he’s as good as others who are being projected to leave for the draft.

No, I disagree with your post that a ranking service is only basing on stats and not watching him play. I’ve watched him play and he’s as good as others who are being projected to leave for the draft.
If nba draft watched Carr play then they surely watched the UK guys play. So you agree with their evaluation of Carr but disagree with their evaluation of the two UK players.

If nba draft watched Carr play then they surely watched the UK guys play. So you agree with their evaluation of Carr but disagree with their evaluation of the two UK players.
I think the UK guys are overrated.

Ill keep the tourney expectations tempered until they win against OSU. The recent wins have not been against teams that will make the tourney. PLus the NBA draft is only 2 rounds.

Love the positive attitude...I think we can beat all four of the teams left...the road games will be tough...and we probably won't...but I can't stand posts like yours...it took you no effort, heart or expertise to post what you did..lazy and oh-so predictable...this is a way different team now than back then...there is still a lot of room for the team to control its own destiny...that's what you should be posting instead of just mailing it in...have some faith...the team has a shitload of talent and young potential.....

I'm a realist. There is a reason PSU is not on anyone's bubble, yet. Its because of those losses. I'm a realist. They won't be getting much credit for beating OSU at home. They will get more credit for winning a road game at Nebraska and obviously Purdue if that happens. Then they can pair impressive road wins with each other.

Do you not understand how the committee works? I have faith and yes they are a better team today than they were in December but its a resume for a reason. They had chances early in the year and losses AT HOME to horrible teams will probably do them in. It doesn't help that they could not beat A&M earlier this year. They also had an opportunity against another bubble team and lost in NC St.

The weight of road game wins is huge to the committee and I agree, winning on the road is really hard in college hoops. They lost at NW, at IU, at MSU, at Maryland. They won at Iowa and Illinois who are terrible, so they get no credit. They won at OSU which is only reason they have a pulse to get in.

Can they get another big road win? Can they beat both Michigan and OSU at home? They need to finish at least 3-1, get a lot of luck in other bubble teams losing and win at least 3 conf tourney games (the first one will count for nothing because the team they will play will be horrible)

They dug this hole by losing to Rider, Minnesota and Wiscy at home. So lets hope they dig out.

Was this lazy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT