ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State DT Aeneas Hawkins hangs up the cleats

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Penn State redshirt junior defensive tackle Aeneas Hawkins has decided to hang up his cleats after four years with the program. Hawkins spent much of his career with the program banged up. Great kid however and has a bright future off the field. I'm sure we'll hear from him down the road in whatever he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawkins was hurt but he never grew in to the player he needed to grow in to play at the B1G Level. Still very undersized.

Basically he probably was processed and I look for some more of these in the next couple days.

Gotta make room for the portal baby!!!

• Sad
Reactions: PSU&Trout
Hawkins was hurt but he never grew in to the player he needed to grow in to play at the B1G Level. Still very undersized.

Basically he probably was processed and I look for some more of these in the next couple days.

Biggest difference in his processing? He will leave with his degree.

Reactions: bytir
Biggest difference in his processing? He will leave with his degree.
I have enjoyed the three Hawk and Dawk Youtube episodes. Hawkins made a reference to his high school highlight video which got him attention being a video of him on the JV squad. I was not sure how seriously to take that and whether he was saying that he was overrated. Regardless, he is fun to listen to and I wish him the best.

Reactions: EPC FAN

Total shit post

Total shit post
Why, because it is true? Hey they took a shot on a great bloodline and hoped a 225 pounder would grow in to a 285 pound stud. Didn’t work. Oh well, kid gonna get his degree and had a great experience but it is time to move on if after 4 years you don’t see the field.

Serious questions: Why isn’t anybody complaining that he quit on his team? Is there a difference between quitting when you’re injured and quitting before you get injured in, like, oh I don’t know, a meaningless bowl game? Because it sure seems like there’s a difference.

Serious questions: Why isn’t anybody complaining that he quit on his team? Is there a difference between quitting when you’re injured and quitting before you get injured in, like, oh I don’t know, a meaningless bowl game? Because it sure seems like there’s a difference.
People aren't complaining because he had no effect on any of the games since he enrolled. Great kid, very talented in life, but made no difference football wise. If you don't follow recruiting your response would probably be, who??

People aren't complaining because he had no effect on any of the games since he enrolled. Great kid, very talented in life, but made no difference football wise. If you don't follow recruiting your response would probably be, who??
I get that, but it implies that the problem fans have with a player opting out of a bowl game doesn’t have anything to do with that player’s health or possible injury, but rather the fact that the player’s talents are not available to help his team win the game.

Is that different than a player who never has an opportunity to help his team win a game because of injury?

I am not trying to cause any controversy. Rather, I think this is a nuanced issue that is worthy of discussion here.

I get that, but it implies that the problem fans have with a player opting out of a bowl game doesn’t have anything to do with that player’s health or possible injury, but rather the fact that the player’s talents are not available to help his team win the game.

Is that different than a player who never has an opportunity to help his team win a game because of injury?

I am not trying to cause any controversy. Rather, I think this is a nuanced issue that is worthy of discussion here.
Very worthy of discussion.

I might have the question wrong but my answer is this: It is 100% because a player can't help a team win that upsets people when it comes to bowls. People can talk about loyalty and all that shit, but in the end we were all mad because basically we were missing 7 defensive starters and probably the best WR in the nation.

Winning is a culture, winning brings recruits, winning is why we play the game.

Football is a great sport but the injuries take a terrible toll. Shame he had problems yet happy that football opened doors to a university degree and all the other opportunities football presents that he may not have had.

Best wishes to a long and happy life and thank you for your efforts at Penn State!

I played one year of college football, so pop warner, then high school then college for just one year, and my body still hurts every morning from injuries from that time. I get it.

Very worthy of discussion.

I might have the question wrong but my answer is this: It is 100% because a player can't help a team win that upsets people when it comes to bowls. People can talk about loyalty and all that shit, but in the end we were all mad because basically we were missing 7 defensive starters and probably the best WR in the nation.

Winning is a culture, winning brings recruits, winning is why we play the game.
I think you nailed it 100%. All the talk about team is really about winning. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a Penn State alum and fan for close to 40 years and used to take every loss personally. But I have no animosity to anybody who decides to sit out a football game for personal reasons. Doesn’t affect me or my life or my family one iota.

I think you nailed it 100%. All the talk about team is really about winning. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a Penn State alum and fan for close to 40 years and used to take every loss personally. But I have no animosity to anybody who decides to sit out a football game for personal reasons. Doesn’t affect me or my life or my family one iota.
The problem I have with it is what kind of culture is being promoted within the program. Sure, all teams had some opt outs, but I would bet to guess we had a much higher %.

I truly don't mind the Dotson or Brisker opt outs. They have a chance at the 1st round and what I call "real" money.

I have a problem with the others for one reason or another. I know that makes me a hypocrite but oh well.

The problem I have with it is what kind of culture is being promoted within the program. Sure, all teams had some opt outs, but I would bet to guess we had a much higher %.

I truly don't mind the Dotson or Brisker opt outs. They have a chance at the 1st round and what I call "real" money.

I have a problem with the others for one reason or another. I know that makes me a hypocrite but oh well.
My problem is why a team that has so many NFL prospects did so poorly during the season?

My problem is why a team that has so many NFL prospects did so poorly during the season?
Because some of them are truly NFL prospects in their own mind.....unless NFL prospect means making a team....I call them fillers, not prospects.

I played one year of college football, so pop warner, then high school then college for just one year, and my body still hurts every morning from injuries from that time. I get it.
Yep, getting splinters in your azz can have long term affects. Just kidding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT