ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State bounces back versus St. Francis on Thursday night

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
State College, Pennsylvania
A win's a win, but it wasn't always pretty for Penn State Thursday night. Micah Shrewsberry didn't love the effort at times, including pulling four of five players off the floor at one point early in the second half. Sam Sessoms fueled a better offensive performance than against UMass, but there were still some things to clean up.

Interesting note, Shrewsberry said his team ranks 325th in 3-point defense right now. St. Francis didn't shoot anywhere near as well as UMass did, but the Terriers still seemed to get a lot of looks they wanted.

More here:

A win's a win, but it wasn't always pretty for Penn State Thursday night. Micah Shrewsberry didn't love the effort at times, including pulling four of five players off the floor at one point early in the second half. Sam Sessoms fueled a better offensive performance than against UMass, but there were still some things to clean up.

Interesting note, Shrewsberry said his team ranks 325th in 3-point defense right now. St. Francis didn't shoot anywhere near as well as UMass did, but the Terriers still seemed to get a lot of looks they wanted.

More here:
LOL...was that comment including the St. Francis stats? If not, that is only TWO GAME! Its hard to take that seriously after two games (being ranked 325th, one of which they won handily).

I like he pulled the team and sent a message. They are really under-talented and will get pasted in B1G play if they don't out-execute and out-hustle the competition.

Reactions: psu1969a
LOL...was that comment including the St. Francis stats? If not, that is only TWO GAME! Its hard to take that seriously after two games (being ranked 325th, one of which they won handily).

I like he pulled the team and sent a message. They are really under-talented and will get pasted in B1G play if they don't out-execute and out-hustle the competition.
Honestly, that's even worse. We played some bad competition and they still lit us up from deep, leaving our 3 pt defense ranked 325... these aren't B10 teams lighting us up, but freaking Youngstown State

Pickett is struggling to make shots. Good passer and doesn't turn it over. Once he hits double figures in a game a couple times I think the offense will pick up.

Honestly, that's even worse. We played some bad competition and they still lit us up from deep, leaving our 3 pt defense ranked 325... these aren't B10 teams lighting us up, but freaking Youngstown State
I still don't agree. You play to win the game...if YSU wants to chuck up 3's because they can't compete in the paint so be it. And teams have hot nights. The Cavs were leading the warriors last night after three quarters and the Warriors got hot and just blew the doors off in the 4th quarter. I don't know St Francis from Adam but it is only two games and PSU won one of them. I know coach is making a point but it is hard to suggest that this is systemic with this team until you play a half dozen or more games.

I still don't agree. You play to win the game...if YSU wants to chuck up 3's because they can't compete in the paint so be it. And teams have hot nights. The Cavs were leading the warriors last night after three quarters and the Warriors got hot and just blew the doors off in the 4th quarter. I don't know St Francis from Adam but it is only two games and PSU won one of them. I know coach is making a point but it is hard to suggest that this is systemic with this team until you play a half dozen or more games.
I'm not arguing it's systemic. Rather, that it's an ugly stat - especially given our competition this far. I think that we are kinda sorta on the same page

I'm not arguing it's systemic. Rather, that it's an ugly stat - especially given our competition this far. I think that we are kinda sorta on the same page
I didn't even know that there were that many colleges.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT