ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State basketball

Yeah, I watch every game I can, live or DVR. They were so close to winning games in that 0-8 start of the big ten. I you only look in the W/L column, it was hard to see the potential. Not elite potential, but potential to beat some very good teams on a given night. After Penn State beat Michigan, one of the morning drive guys on College Sports Radio was saying how bad a loss it was for Michigan. I called in to defend Penn State but was summarily dismissed. Now that they inured out how to play together and finish games, they are winning. I don’t think they can dig themselves fully out of the whole they dug for themselves and make it to the dance. My guess is that Chambers has saved his job though.

Got to give PC credit, team could have cashed in the season 3 weeks ago. The ran some sets tonight I hadnt seen all year. Maybe they finally ran them right but either way the staff made that improvement to get it done. I dont know why he didnt use more of the 3/4 trap as myself any many others here suggested early in the year. Team could actually make it out of the bottom four for the conference tourney

Yeah, I watch every game I can, live or DVR. They were so close to winning games in that 0-8 start of the big ten. I you only look in the W/L column, it was hard to see the potential. Not elite potential, but potential to beat some very good teams on a given night. After Penn State beat Michigan, one of the morning drive guys on College Sports Radio was saying how bad a loss it was for Michigan. I called in to defend Penn State but was summarily dismissed. Now that they inured out how to play together and finish games, they are winning. I don’t think they can dig themselves fully out of the whole they dug for themselves and make it to the dance. My guess is that Chambers has saved his job though.
I heard that call. It was Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy I believe. They didn’t give you much of a chance to speak.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Right now Penn State is the hottest team in the B10. The next three games will be critical for the Nittany Lions. Especially the game on March 6th :).

Last edited:
Calm down guys, we could still lose the rest of our games. And this talk about winning the tournament is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: mhep32
Ugh, been a stressful year of Men's hoops but man the last few weeks have been encouraging. Damn it, don't check my post history, but extend Pat. These young kids are finishing... and that is more important than anything in a year like this.

Again? I'm sure Barbour is considering it.

Reactions: LionJim

The collective knowledge of the morning drive 'guys', lol is limited by their lack of anything useful upstairs...... Why waste precious time listening to them when any radio is still capable of finding static. :)

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Beating Wisconsin would continue an amazing stretch and make a .500 possible

Playing a B10 championship game on Wednesday would be key to getting to .500, and I can't see that happening if we win the remain 3 games (we'd then get an opening day bye). Such is the weird state of PSU basketball :)

d09f2718-f90a-49df-a3d7-f15367695c1a.png

Playing a B10 championship game on Wednesday would be key to getting to .500, and I can't see that happening if we win the remain 3 games (we'd then get an opening day bye). Such is the weird state of PSU basketball :)

d09f2718-f90a-49df-a3d7-f15367695c1a.png
Your right. We get the bye, we would probably need to beat someone like Minnesota and MSU

No matter what. Need one more large upset at least. Three wins and 2-1 in the tournament. Loss in semis

Your right. We get the bye, we would probably need to beat someone like Minnesota and MSU

No matter what. Need one more large upset at least. Three wins and 2-1 in the tournament. Loss in semis

We'll jump to #12 tonight assuming Nebraska loses to Michigan. If we beat Illinois at home on 3/10, we'd have two head-to-head wins over them, most likely bumping us out of the bottom 4.

Calm down guys, we could still lose the rest of our games. And this talk about winning the tournament is absolutely ridiculous.
Playing well...but could easily lose game #1 of Big10 tourney...and we are not winning the Tourney - no way!

while they are playing well enough to individually beat all of those top teams, to ask them to do it all in a row without much rest or prep time is crazy. Im excited for the last few games and hope they can pull out a couple W's to get to teh NIT and make a run there.

Ugh, been a stressful year of Men's hoops but man the last few weeks have been encouraging. Damn it, don't check my post history, but extend Pat. These young kids are finishing... and that is more important than anything in a year like this.
Where do we go from here? This is the last year for Reaves. Stevens & Watkins could also leave. PSU could be starting over if that hapoens.

Where do we go from here? This is the last year for Reaves. Stevens & Watkins could also leave. PSU could be starting over if that hapoens.
This^^^. If Stevens and Watkins stay, we have a chance to make the tournament (not a good chance considering Pat’s history, but a chance). If they leave, we’re looking at a worse year next year with no relief in sight.

Hey guys new member.. it's good to see the lions playing well
Welcome aboard, with reservations. You clearly are a new member, but the question is whether you are an old member who got banned and have taken a new identity, or a troll from another school masquerading as a Penn State fan, or actually a Penn State fan. Like most here I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but.....
giphy.gif

Ah, regardless of what, or who, you are, welcome. Really.:)

I love Reaves game and swagger. I think the more experienced Bolton, Dread, and Jones will pick up his slack just fine. Wheeler is a baller on defense as well. If Stevens and Watkins leave, we will be very limited on the front line. I really hope they both return

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT