ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State announces opponents for Whiteout, Stripe Out, and more

I'm clearly in the minority, but I don't know why people care who we play in the whiteout game.
Because diluting it too often, by not playing the best teams on the home schedule, risks turning it into just any other game. The Whiteout is special, and is even recognized by fans of other programs as one of the best environments in the country. Playing lesser opponents will start to erode that environment.

what is the theme of the Ohio University game?

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Is this likely b/c FOX will put the OSU game in the Noon TV slot?

Place will still be hype for OSU regardless of garb- but I would've much preferred White Out vs. Bucks...
Seriously, having OSU during the day and not at night might not be a bad thing. That OSU team could be a nightmare for everyone and could win it all if - and a BIG if - they get that PUTRID defense fixed from 2020 and 2021

Reactions: OnlyNumbers
Because diluting it too often, by not playing the best teams on the home schedule, risks turning it into just any other game. The Whiteout is special, and is even recognized by fans of other programs as one of the best environments in the country. Playing lesser opponents will start to erode that environment.

If it makes you feel any better, we've lost 2 of our last 3 meetings against Minnesota. The most recent loss we were both undefeated and the end result was PSU missing out on the Rose Bowl. I get your point, but I say change it up a bit. We've lost 9 of the last 10 meetings against Ohio State (puke).

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
If it makes you feel any better, we've lost 2 of our last 3 meetings against Minnesota. The most recent loss we were both undefeated and the end result was PSU missing out on the Rose Bowl. I get your point, but I say change it up a bit. We've lost 9 of the last 10 meetings against Ohio State (puke).
Recent results aside, Minnesota doesn't bring national interest on a scale even remotely close to OSU. Part of the reason for the Whiteout atmosphere is excitement builds all season and all day long leading up to a night time kickoff between two historical powerhouse programs. That excitement and build up isn't going to be there for Minnesota, the environment will not come close to matching a typical Whiteout against a top tier opponent. However the excitement for OSU will still be there despite the noon kick and multicolored attire.

what is the theme of the Ohio University game?

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
Win one for Billy O'Brien!!

Revenge of the Run Ons?

Or maybe Linebackers don't return punts for a reason!

Boy we made them look great that day. Their QB was the kid of a former MLB player...Mackey Tettleton I think. Long ago but feels like yesterday....

Gerald Hodges was the odd starting LB choice by BOB to return the punts. After a great defensive series he botched a fair catch leading to a turnover vs Bobcats. End of experiment....sort of defined that game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT