ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State’s young backs are as good as advertised in early showings

That's great, but until we get linemen who can block, we are going to struggle.
I saw that the RB coach was telling the RBs that PSU ranked last, L-A-S-T, in yards after the first hit. While some of that can be the OL, some of that has to be on the RB as well. To rank LAST, it had to be a joint effort. So while it is clear the OL underperformed last season, so did the RBs.

I saw that the RB coach was telling the RBs that PSU ranked last, L-A-S-T, in yards after the first hit. While some of that can be the OL, some of that has to be on the RB as well. To rank LAST, it had to be a joint effort. So while it is clear the OL underperformed last season, so did the RBs.

Too much damn dancing and taking their time and not enough hitting the damn hole.

Too much damn dancing and taking their time and not enough hitting the damn hole.
Agree +1000%. Holmes was the only RB that his the hole hard and showed some wheels after getting past the POS for a 6 yard or so gain. Then they would take him out for what was behind him???

Last season's running back corps was the worst that I ever can remember at PSU, and I've been watching this team play games since 1975.

Last edited:
I suggest you critics try taking a handoff and getting hit hard as soon as you get the ball. Do this about fifteen times per game. See how long it is before you start ‘dancing’.

Reactions: tlbakernc
I suggest you critics try taking a handoff and getting hit hard as soon as you get the ball. Do this about fifteen times per game. See how long it is before you start ‘dancing’.
Regardless of the blocking, which was terrible, that running back corps was bad; no speed, vision, balance, athleticism, nothing. Like I said, I've never seen a PSU running back corps that bad.

Reactions: KC-KS-Lion
Regardless of the blocking, which was terrible, that running back corps was bad; no speed, vision, balance, athleticism, nothing. Like I said, I've never seen a PSU running back corps that bad.
Definitely no game changers running in the backfield last year. They tried but just didn't have the talent to make special plays. Hopefully, the two freshman have the "IT" factor and we see a more consistent and exciting backfield this year.

Absolutely. Don’t recall a single run last year where any RB showed a burst OL line was lousy for sure but the RBs didn’t help.

ADVERTISEMENT