ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Bowl: cincinnati vs. uga

They did? You can’t be serious. They blew a 21-10 lead in the 4th quarter to a depleted Georgia team. Terrible clock management by Fickell. I guess that means we can keep Franklin now?

What‘s wrong with you?

o_O

They did? You can’t be serious. They blew a 21-10 lead in the 4th quarter to a depleted Georgia team. Terrible clock management by Fickell. I guess that means we can keep Franklin now?
Anyone who brings up Franklin in a Cincinnati vs Georgia conversation just shows how insecure they are with regards to Franklin and Penn State. Both Cincinnati and Georgia would blow out that lackadaisical, lazy Penn State team we saw this season.

Dude.......your twisted logic for the purpose of suggesting they're better than Ohio State.

Second best team in the SEC? Huh? What happened to Texas A&M? Didn't Florida smash UGA?

And that targeting call, even if borderline, was 10000000% self-inflicted. That offensive lineman committed a truly all-time stupid penalty. He earned it.

Face it, man. Cincinnati is not a CFP-level team. That UGA team had at least 3 defensive starters opting out.
Ok, call it top tier SEC team if it suits you better. It's semantics. They clearly belong. A 6 win Ohio St who needed the Big 10 to rewrite the rules for them at the end of the season with close wins over the only 2 teams with a winning record that they played (with 2 weeks to prepare for each while the opponent only had 1) did nothing to prove that they belong.

The 15 yard late hit was stupid or the kid didn't hear the whistle. But it was clearly not targeting and I would think ejecting any team's best OL in the first half might tilt the outcome a lot more than the 15 yards. And Cincy had other players out also.

Ohio St was the 2nd most deserving team in their state this year and a last second FG doesn't change that. It's the full resume.

Ok, call it top tier SEC team if it suits you better. It's semantics. They clearly belong. A 6 win Ohio St who needed the Big 10 to rewrite the rules for them at the end of the season with close wins over the only 2 teams with a winning record that they played (with 2 weeks to prepare for each while the opponent only had 1) did nothing to prove that they belong.

The 15 yard late hit was stupid or the kid didn't hear the whistle. But it was clearly not targeting and I would think ejecting any team's best OL in the first half might tilt the outcome a lot more than the 15 yards. And Cincy had other players out also.

Ohio St was the 2nd most deserving team in their state this year and a last second FG doesn't change that. It's the full resume.

Don't let the Buckeyes live rent-free in your head.

Nothing OSU-related invalidates the reality that Cincinnati was absolutely not one of the four best teams in CFB.

Depleted is a bit of an exaggeration. That is like saying the Bunny Ranch sucks (pun intended) just because a few of the girls are out.

Also, I think they said Cincy was missing two key players and that didn’t include the OL that they lost after his stupid penalty.

Don't let the Buckeyes live rent-free in your head.

Nothing OSU-related invalidates the reality that Cincinnati was absolutely not one of the four best teams in CFB.
You maybe shouldn't argue for Ohio St consistently and repeatedly in every thread that I've seen you post in and then pass yourself off as a Penn St fan.

And I'm not sure if you were reading the thread but there were several people suggesting that Cincy should be in the playoff and some beat me to the punch on that. It is a very logical position to take when the 9-0 team (wins by 14 over 9-3, by 39 over 8-3, by 29 over 7-3, by 3 over 6-4, and by 3 over 6-3) is being compared to the 6-0 team (wins by 12 over 6-2 and by 7 over 6-1) and all other wins are over teams with losing records.

If it makes you feel better I have stated that Cincy should have been in over both Ohio St and Notre Dame. Is Notre Dame also living in my head rent free? Are these teams living in the other posters' heads who agreed?

Now THAT was some bad clock management. Snapping the ball with 10 seconds on the clock and throwing on 3rd and 2. 😱
Puzzling, especially after they ran the play clock down to 3 seconds on first down. Thought they would do that on each down. Could have taken another 15 seconds off the clock.

Passing to get a first down would be OK if there would still be a lot of time for UGA, but running the ball takes another nearly 40 seconds off the clock. At best, UGA would have started their drive with about 25 seconds left.

Dude.......your twisted logic for the purpose of suggesting they're better than Ohio State.

Second best team in the SEC? Huh? What happened to Texas A&M? Didn't Florida smash UGA?

And that targeting call, even if borderline, was 10000000% self-inflicted. That offensive lineman committed a truly all-time stupid penalty. He earned it.

Face it, man. Cincinnati is not a CFP-level team. That UGA team had at least 3 defensive starters opting out.

I thought that the 15 yd penalty didn't wind up costing UC any points. i thought they scored a TD in spite of the penalty.

the call by Fickel was not the normal call based on the odds. better to punt and burn the clock. UGA had no timeouts, so that was the clock was the issue. would have been much more difficult for UGA to get in FG range with 40 seconds less. Fickel must have been worried about his defense.

Someone’s letting their hatred get in the way of rationality.

You maybe shouldn't argue for Ohio St consistently and repeatedly in every thread that I've seen you post in and then pass yourself off as a Penn St fan.

And I'm not sure if you were reading the thread but there were several people suggesting that Cincy should be in the playoff and some beat me to the punch on that. It is a very logical position to take when the 9-0 team (wins by 14 over 9-3, by 39 over 8-3, by 29 over 7-3, by 3 over 6-4, and by 3 over 6-3) is being compared to the 6-0 team (wins by 12 over 6-2 and by 7 over 6-1) and all other wins are over teams with losing records.

If it makes you feel better I have stated that Cincy should have been in over both Ohio St and Notre Dame. Is Notre Dame also living in my head rent free? Are these teams living in the other posters' heads who agreed?
You’re comparing records vs an AAC schedule to records vs a Big Ten schedule. Probably should just extrapolate it further and assume Cincy would beat the KC Chiefs, due to their record and all.

What was with the clown who had Kirby Smart by the back of his pants yanking on them wherever Smart went? WTF was that supposed to be???

You’re comparing records vs an AAC schedule to records vs a Big Ten schedule. Probably should just extrapolate it further and assume Cincy would beat the KC Chiefs, due to their record and all.
We’d all be better off if everyone ignores him

Really stupid game management of the time clock by Cincinnati in the final two minutes in their game with Georgia.

Can you post the scores of the teams that they beat and what the records of those teams were at the conclusion of the season? Ohio St only beat 2 teams with a winning record all season and the first was by 7 and the second they trailed for most of the game. Ohio St also had 2 weeks to prepare for each of those opponents while the opponent did not.

But that would mean not cherry picking statistics which bolster your argument?

I would. They clearly can go toe to toe with the 2nd best SEC team even with the refs ejecting their OT in what was clearly not targeting. It took a last second FG for Georgia to win. It's very possible that neither Ohio St or Notre Dame would have played Georgia this close.
Losing a game against a (good) also ran from another conference does not support the idea that Cincy should have been included in the CFP.

I would not have objected if they had been included in lieu of ND, but now that the Bearcats have lost, just give it up.

It would really stink to know forever that that last possession clock management likely cost the Bearcats a perfect season.

There was 2:21 left...outside of 2 minutes, the clock restarts once the ball is spotted (just like it does on a first down).

Note that this is different than the NFL, where in the 2nd half, it remains stopped inside of 5 minutes of the second half (still 2 minutes in the first half).
hated that rule change to college football when it happened

still hate it

Anyone who brings up Franklin in a Cincinnati vs Georgia conversation just shows how insecure they are with regards to Franklin and Penn State. Both Cincinnati and Georgia would blow out that lackadaisical, lazy Penn State team we saw this season.

Not insecure at all. Just pointing out the stupidity of those clamoring for guys like Fickell to replace Franklin. As for how PSU would have done against Cindy or Georgia, who knows.

What was with the clown who had Kirby Smart by the back of his pants yanking on them wherever Smart went? WTF was that supposed to be???

Smart doesn't have the self control to stay off the field so they need to assign someone to keep him on the sideline. It did look ridiculous. They should fit him with a shock collar which zaps him any time he comes within three feet of the sideline.

WTF was that? 3rd and 2 and you roll out and throw 30 yards downfield? A simple run -- even if stopped short -- would have eaten another 40 seconds off the clock.
That horrible play call cost them the game. Considering GA out of timeouts, had to run the ball there.

Smart doesn't have the self control to stay off the field so they need to assign someone to keep him on the sideline. It did look ridiculous. They should fit him with a shock collar which zaps him any time he comes within three feet of the sideline.

tenor.gif

Reactions: AWS1022
Really stupid game management of the time clock by Cincinnati in the final two minutes in their game with Georgia.

Agreed, coach lost that game. 1:30 to go and pass for 2 yards to win the game. Run the ball and if you dy get it you run 4o sec off the clock.

Reactions: BBrown
Congrats to Cincy on playing a great game. Unless they plan to beef up the OOC schedule and pay, this likely has Fickell heading to the P5, no?

While UGA was the 4th best SEC team this year, they still have top 5 talent at worst and are probably no worse than #2 in any other P5 conference this year.

Losing a game against a (good) also ran from another conference does not support the idea that Cincy should have been included in the CFP.

I would not have objected if they had been included in lieu of ND, but now that the Bearcats have lost, just give it up.

It would really stink to know forever that that last possession clock management likely cost the Bearcats a perfect season.
Tell me you don't think that Cincy would have played Alabama better than Notre Dame. We'll see on Ohio St but I recall a 31-0 embarrassment to Clemson not long ago. Cincy at least doesn't quit.

Tell me you don't think that Cincy would have played Alabama better than Notre Dame. We'll see on Ohio St but I recall a 31-0 embarrassment to Clemson not long ago. Cincy at least doesn't quit.
What does a game four years ago have to do with a game today?

What does a game four years ago have to do with a game today?
Ohio St hasn't beaten Clemson in their history, as in ever. 0-4. They quit 4 years ago and were outscored 29-7 from part way through the 2nd quarter to the end. Ohio St was competitive with Clemson for one half in the last 4 years.

I think historical performance sometimes is an indicator of future performance. Ohio St has won a lot of games but they have shown the past few years that they sometimes quit if they are losing. They quit against Purdue a couple of years ago like they quit against Clemson 4 years ago. They are good at bullying outmatched teams. Unless you get Notre Dame, that doesn't happen in the playoffs and certainly not against Clemson.

The point again is that Cincy had the best resume at 9-0 with blowout wins over multiple good teams. Ohio St was 6-0 with 2 nail biters against the only teams that they played with a winning record. That should not qualify them. Notre Dame's blowout loss to Clemson to end the season similarly should have eliminated them. Now they ended the year with 2 straight blowout losses. Like the whole world didn't know Alabama was going to run over them. I am guessing that Alabama was even holding a lot back for the championship game.

Ohio St hasn't beaten Clemson in their history, as in ever. 0-4. They quit 4 years ago and were outscored 29-7 from part way through the 2nd quarter to the end. Ohio St was competitive with Clemson for one half in the last 4 years.

I think historical performance sometimes is an indicator of future performance. Ohio St has won a lot of games but they have shown the past few years that they sometimes quit if they are losing. They quit against Purdue a couple of years ago like they quit against Clemson 4 years ago. They are good at bullying outmatched teams. Unless you get Notre Dame, that doesn't happen in the playoffs and certainly not against Clemson.

The point again is that Cincy had the best resume at 9-0 with blowout wins over multiple good teams. Ohio St was 6-0 with 2 nail biters against the only teams that they played with a winning record. That should not qualify them. Notre Dame's blowout loss to Clemson to end the season similarly should have eliminated them. Now they ended the year with 2 straight blowout losses. Like the whole world didn't know Alabama was going to run over them. I am guessing that Alabama was even holding a lot back for the championship game.

I'm absolutely, positively convinced you're an Ohio State troll that's here to make OSU haters look stupid.

OSU's win over NW wasn't a "nail biter". They won by 12, and had the ball on NW's 2 yard line as time expired. And your argumentation is so over the top, it's rivaled only by Wolve who -- clearly -- is here under a false flag.

So, whatever floats your boat.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
I'm absolutely, positively convinced you're an Ohio State troll that's here to make OSU haters look stupid.

OSU's win over NW wasn't a "nail biter". They won by 12, and had the ball on NW's 2 yard line as time expired. And your argumentation is so over the top, it's rivaled only by Wolve who -- clearly -- is here under a false flag.

So, whatever floats your boat.
They were losing to Northwestern for most of the game. It took 3 2nd half turnovers to bail them out. Did you actually watch the game or just the last few minutes?

And I'm convinced that you are an Ohio St troll. I've heard you argue aggressively for them in every thread that a criticism of Ohio St comes up.

So whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
Reactions: SUPERTODD
Tell me you don't think that Cincy would have played Alabama better than Notre Dame.
A projection of how much Cincy would have lost to Bama is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is the Bearcats lost to a lessor opponent, as did Coastal Carolina and San Jose St.

I’m glad they all proved their worthiness in this shortened year with few inter-conference matchups and a higher than normal number of unbeaten teams.

Hopefully next year allows for a full schedule for all of cfb.

Historical performance has nothing to do with today’s game...different players from four years ago and a different coach. And if you want to say Cincy deserved to be in over ND, I can buy that....but not over the undefeated Big 10 champ...sorry, AAC champ doesn’t trump Big 10 champ, ever. And OSU would beat Cincy by two TD’s at least. And Bama would have crushed Cincy as well.

Reactions: LionJim
They were losing to Northwestern for most of the game. It took 3 2nd half turnovers to bail them out.

LOL.

I have a secret for you. Lean in close, so you can hear me.

Cincinnati was trailing UCF for much of their game, too.

GASP!!!!

LOL.

I have a secret for you. Lean in close, so you can hear me.

Cincinnati was trailing UCF for much of their game, too.

GASP!!!!
Also, Ohio St blew out Cincy last season... But I guess past seasons only matter if we can use them to argue against Ohio St.

Historical performance has nothing to do with today’s game...different players from four years ago and a different coach. And if you want to say Cincy deserved to be in over ND, I can buy that....but not over the undefeated Big 10 champ...sorry, AAC champ doesn’t trump Big 10 champ, ever. And OSU would beat Cincy by two TD’s at least. And Bama would have crushed Cincy as well.
I'm not sure that Ohio St even beats Georgia, period.

And Ohio St is undefeated for half a season. Lots of teams go undefeated in half a season. It doesn't qualify them for the playoff.

I'm not sure that Ohio St even beats Georgia, period.

And Ohio St is undefeated for half a season. Lots of teams go undefeated in half a season. It doesn't qualify them for the playoff.
Apparently it does.

Also, Ohio St blew out Cincy last season... But I guess past seasons only matter if we can use them to argue against Ohio St.
Ohio St has never beaten Clemson in their entire history. 0-4. It is not one game.

And it is about the resume of the teams being selected. Ohio St and Notre Dame did not have playoff resumes. No 6 win team that beat only 2 teams with winning records should be in a playoff ever.

Ohio St has never beaten Clemson in their entire history. 0-4. It is not one game.

And it is about the resume of the teams being selected. Ohio St and Notre Dame did not have playoff resumes. No 6 win team that beat only 2 teams with winning records should be in a playoff ever.
Cincy hasn’t beaten Ohio State since 1896 and that was the only time...so again, I guess history only matters when it can be used against OSU.

Reactions: NittanyIllinois

You’re all caught up on this “winning record” thing...PSU had a losing record, and would be favored over every single team on Cincy’s schedule. Drop all 6 of Ohio State’s opponents into the American and they most likely come away with 6 wins against teams with a winning record.

Going 6-0 against actual competition is better than going 9-0 when you play the awful schedule that Cincinnati played. Glad the committee is smart enough to realize it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT