ADVERTISEMENT

PDIII to iowa?

Iowans would literally sell their souls if it meant 10 extra points at Nationals.
Plus heartfelt public apologies to PD and all his relatives.
Plus he could have all their women whenever for the next 30 years.

Reactions: diggerpup
A poster on HR mentioned the possibility of him graduating in December, then joining the Hawkeyes [as a graduate transfer] second semester. Not sure if that is allowable, but December is an ETERNITY away for a guy like this.

PD2 on HR would be quite entertaining.

However, there is no way TnT would invite that mess in.

That's my belief, too, but it sounds like he and a few from the crew are now following one another on the Twitter. I'm shocked even that would happen.

EDIT: On second thought, perhaps they are just testing the waters. I could see a scenario where they tell Downey, "You do A, B, and C over the summer, then we'll talk about a possible plan for fall and winter. Any of those don't get done, we're out."

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
That's my belief, too, but it sounds like he and a few from the crew are now following one another on the Twitter. I'm shocked even that would happen.

EDIT: On second thought, perhaps they are just testing the waters. I could see a scenario where they tell Downey, "You do A, B, and C over the summer, then we'll talk about a possible plan for fall and winter. Any of those don't get done, we're out."
More like if you do A and STOP doing B, C, D..........:oops:

As Cali said, they wouldn't INVITE him, but he probably sees Iowa as a place that could give him some credibility. The type of guys that TNT are (I have a lot of respect for them), how could they NOT at least listen to him if he desires to go there? Why do I say that?

If we get away from being the land of redemption and many chances, that is not a good thing (IMO). While I doubt PD3 will do it (the Philly cynic in me and I haven't seen any obvious change), under the right strict set of rules as Slush mentioned, I could see them or someone like them giving him another chance....and I would applaud it and root for him.

Maybe not in talent (he has a ton), "but for the grace of God, there goes I". Its easy to mess up, not so easy to right the ship, but you need a chance....IF there is real change. We don't know anything at this point.

As Cali said, they wouldn't INVITE him, but he probably sees Iowa as a place that could give him some credibility. The type of guys that TNT are (I have a lot of respect for them), how could they NOT at least listen to him if he desires to go there? Why do I say that?

If we get away from being the land of redemption and many chances, that is not a good thing (IMO). While I doubt PD3 will do it (the Philly cynic in me and I haven't seen any obvious change), under the right strict set of rules as Slush mentioned, I could see them or someone like them giving him another chance....and I would applaud it and root for him.

Maybe not in talent (he has a ton), "but for the grace of God, there goes I". Its easy to mess up, not so easy to right the ship, but you need a chance....IF there is real change. We don't know anything at this point.
Time in a wrestling room does instill a strong inner need to get up and go again. However, it takes some of us longer than others to soften that self-destructive edge more than a few of us have.
My guess is he now has his built in safe guard (read rationalization) explanation for not succeeding to the level his ego and mouth proclaimed. No matter how patient Tom Brands might be, the minute it became apparent PD3 wasn't going to win a title he (PD3) would do something self-destructive to force the issue so it would someone else's fault.

Reactions: Gebmo

I have a lot of affinity for this post. Fave passages bolded.

Have had many opportunities to offer second chances, mostly substance abuse but also behavioral-related workplace situations. Among other things, looked for sincerity and contriteness when it was a behavior that really needed changed. Haven't seen that with him, though I must admit, it's from a distance and all I have is twitter to go on.

Different setting, I know, but still applies. Despite a world of talent, young PD3, behaving as he has on social media could/would tear a team apart. On the other hand, for me personally, giving chances, and being on a short leash, is ok...then the accountability is on him. It's a risk vs reward thing.

Well said! I guess Flyers fans have had a lot of time for reflection and contemplation... ;)

Personally, I would love it. Maybe that will give them a reason to stop beating the dead horse on Andrew Long. Maybe???

Personally, I would love it. Maybe that will give them a reason to stop beating the dead horse on Andrew Long. Maybe???

If I have learned anything about HR, it is that they never stop beating dead horses.

If you want to follow a sordid tale of coaching changes and the hard feelings it engendered on every side, add this one to the VT side of the story of the leaving/hiring of Tom Brands, which is crappy enough on its own:

http://wrestlingtalk2.proboards.com/thread/1181/zalesky-lost-respect-gable

Doesn't stop HR from being sanctimonious about Cael going to Penn State, even almost 10 years later. You'd think people in glass houses would be careful about throwing stones, but apparently not.

When cael took in AL he was a drunk not a sexual deviant. What happened w AL at the end is on AL not cael in my opinion.

PD3 is that and more right now and if they bring him in the end, the success or failure is on TnT and PD3.

I applaud TnT if they take the risk, but wow that is some career russian roulette.

If I have learned anything about HR, it is that they never stop beating dead horses.

If you want to follow a sordid tale of coaching changes and the hard feelings it engendered on every side, add this one to the VT side of the story of the leaving/hiring of Tom Brands, which is crappy enough on its own:

http://wrestlingtalk2.proboards.com/thread/1181/zalesky-lost-respect-gable

Doesn't stop HR from being sanctimonious about Cael going to Penn State, even almost 10 years later. You'd think people in glass houses would be careful about throwing stones, but apparently not.
Really, a post from 2007? Dead horses, and all.

Last edited:
I doubt Iowa will take him. And even if they did he wouldn't make it to March.

Amazing takedown by Woodsiding in the HR thread - pretty much eviscerates Don Hawkeye.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...ed-that-he-wants-tobe-a-hawkeye.193245/page-2

The shear arrogance and hypocrisy of the posters on HR is staggering. Andrew Long to PSU meant that Cael was willing to do whatever it takes to win, even if it meant being morally bankrupt.

But PD3? Well, they trust the Brands judgement. Iowa is, of course, the ONLY place that could rehabilitate this guy. Iowa and the Brands Bros are obviously so morally superior to everybody else that it would rub off on a guy who has multiple assaults to his record and was kicked out of Nebraska and thrown off Iowa State's wrestling team.

This, folks, is why HR is the most delusional and ridiculous fan base on the internet.

All that changed this week. the crickets were deafening. The worm has turned. Respect was lost . the entire wrestling community felt it and down deep you all know it. The moment was when Tom Gilman apologized for his ignorance and was rewarded for his classy behavior on and off the mat.

The shear arrogance and hypocrisy of the posters on HR is staggering. Andrew Long to PSU meant that Cael was willing to do whatever it takes to win, even if it meant being morally bankrupt.

But PD3? Well, they trust the Brands judgement. Iowa is, of course, the ONLY place that could rehabilitate this guy. Iowa and the Brands Bros are obviously so morally superior to everybody else that it would rub off on a guy who has multiple assaults to his record and was kicked out of Nebraska and thrown off Iowa State's wrestling team.

This, folks, is why HR is the most delusional and ridiculous fan base on the internet.
They are decidedly silent on what happened with one of the Brands boys in high school.

Cael was never suspended in his wrestling career for off or on the mat antics.

We don't need PD3 to point to their hypocrisy with Long. They had a guy on their roster at that time who had a very similar rap sheet that sat out the same amount of time. I remember the absurd mental gymnastics they went through to try to justify it for Brands while at the same time vilifying Cael. It was laughable.

Meanwhile in current events they were recently talking about evil Cael over recruiting, pretending as if the Meja/Renteria-Lee/Teasdale thing never happened. Like I said before, they have gone full tilt and if they are this bad now, just wait until the season and they realize just how bad their lineup is. A Penn State shutout might put a few in a mental institution.

Last edited:
Really, a post from 2007? Dead horses, and all.

As far as I know, it's their last coaching change. And the way it went down should have stopped HR from commenting in any negative fashion about Cael's move, because the Zalesky/Brands/VT/Iowa situation was a true shit-show. Even recently, there was speculation that Douglas harbored ill will towards Cael (without evidence). You don't have to speculate how Zalesky felt.

Amazing takedown by Woodsiding in the HR thread - pretty much eviscerates Don Hawkeye.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/thre...ed-that-he-wants-tobe-a-hawkeye.193245/page-2

Woodsiding took Don to the woodshed.

giphy.gif

When cael took in AL he was a drunk not a sexual deviant. What happened w AL at the end is on AL not cael in my opinion.

PD3 is that and more right now and if they bring him in the end, the success or failure is on TnT and PD3.

I applaud TnT if they take the risk, but wow that is some career russian roulette.

Iowa seemed ready to bring on Cayle Byers too. I remember being confused about the willingness to bring him in when AL was being complained about. Also, no complaints towards Nick Mitchell from them. Fan bases love to justify whatever as long as it helps their colors.

A Penn State shutout might put a few in a mental institution.

It won't be easy, but the possibility of a shut out is real.:cool: It would be salt into an already festering, painful wound for the Hawks.
I can't wait to see next years schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT