ADVERTISEMENT

PC being set up at OSU (and results of, and reaction to, BOT decision)

I said this when the scandal broke. Meyer’s spiel has always been that he will get you to the league, but always treat you like family. I think this really hurts him. O$U will always cheat and will always be able to bring in kids who don’t “want to play school.” Meyer will have to go full on Saban from this point on.
He’ll have to increase his player payroll. Maybe that’s why the meeting is taking so long, they’re trying to figure out the budget increases needed to keep recruiting at its current level.

I am judging from the casual way she was dressed, it has nothing to do with the deliberations or decision. It might be as simple as wanting to be with her husband during a difficult time (he has been in that building for about 7 hours.)
So many options to speculate.

we’ve seen more evidence involving her than him.

Obviously there are facts to be concerned with. It’s unclear whether they’re enough to make their route forward clear and judgment-proof. If they’re having frank discussions with CUM, raising issues from the investigation, inquiring about what else, and coming to common understanding on whether and how to move forward, they may want her follow-up info and insight and ultimate buy-in on whatever they’re considering.

Who knows. Maybe they’re just handling this very professionally.

I said this when the scandal broke. Meyer’s spiel has always been that he will get you to the league, but always treat you like family. I think this really hurts him. O$U will always cheat and will always be able to bring in kids who don’t “want to play school.” Meyer will have to go full on Saban from this point on.
Good point. That moronic line by Jones was celebrated by OSU fans and the coaches were fine with it as well.
Osu still celebrates tressel and he's been a scumbag everywhere he's been. The beat goes on and on.

Last edited:
Reactions: odshowtime
I think in that setting he has no obligation to tell the truth
Coaches aren't role models for young men...I'm so tired of people trying to make everyone a role model. That's the parents job
Are you a role model using words like "retarded"?
Also, alleged abuser--no conviction...facts

Remember, it’s not a lie...... if you believe it.

So many options to speculate.

we’ve seen more evidence involving her than him.

Obviously there are facts to be concerned with. It’s unclear whether they’re enough to make their route forward clear and judgment-proof. If they’re having frank discussions with CUM, raising issues from the investigation, inquiring about what else, and coming to common understanding on whether and how to move forward, they may want her follow-up info and insight and ultimate buy-in on whatever they’re considering.

Who knows. Maybe they’re just handling this very professionally.
According to the sources I've read the Trustees have not met with UM at all today.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
They're fighting over the soul of ohio state university. The reason it's taking so long is that no one can find it.

Because they are greedy, lying, cheating, ignorant, thieving bastards, every last one of them. They sold their souls a long time ago. They really do not ever deserve to share the field of play with us. I will never forgive or forget the insults, cheating, and outright theft that they have perpetrated against PSU.

I enjoy their suffering and embarrassment immensely, like they enjoyed ours. Except they deserve it and we did not.

The debate IMO is immediate reinstatement vs a continued suspension. If UM were to be fired, it would have happened long ago.

I can give you 38 million reasons why it might take a while to fire him. Would it really take all day to decide on the length of a suspension? Perhaps, but that seems odd to me.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but the link below says the Tosu bot wants to reinstate leyer immediately, the Tosu president wants to serve leyer a suspension, and that leyer refuses to serve a suspension.

https://thespun.com/college-football/urban-meyer-refuse-suspension-ohio-state/amp

Makes it simple. They suspend him, he refuses. Either quits or they negotiate a buyout and no one admits to anything. They blame it on this standoff and that's the end of it.

They're fighting over the soul of ohio state university. The reason it's taking so long is that no one can find it.

Because they are greedy, lying, cheating, ignorant, thieving bastards, every last one of them. They sold their souls a long time ago. They really do not ever deserve to share the field of play with us. I will never forgive or forget the insults, cheating, and outright theft that they have perpetrated against PSU.

I enjoy their suffering and embarrassment immensely, like they enjoyed ours. Except they deserve it and we did not.

Very well put and I totally agree. I'd love to see this take weeks to play out, making them look worse and worse.

What other scandals? Wouldn't Emmert and Delaney levied sanctions if there others? I believe you may be misinformed

Emmert and Delaney would never touch one of their cash cows. They could have a child trafficking ring running through the Horseshoe, and they wouldn’t bat an eye.

The other scandals include the wrestling doctor who abused hundreds of scholarship athletes and the swim team that allowed the diving coach to prey on female athletes. There may be more; we’ll just have to wait for Brett McMurphy’s reports.

How embarrassing for OSU. The President was supposed to decide the outcome and now its the President and the Board. The President wants to suspend him and the Board wants "time served". Meyer refuses to take a suspension.

How does OSU spin this?

Reactions: ImaWright
This is gonna turn into an overnight camp out.....yep, there was just a confirmed Harbaugh sighting.

How embarrassing for OSU. The President was supposed to decide the outcome and now its the President and the Board. The President wants to suspend him and the Board wants "time served". Meyer refuses to take a suspension.

How does OSU spin this?

It's pretty safe to say that meyer and his team have been hounding the osu board the last two weeks.

How does OSU spin this?
That's been the prevailing "inside" info. Now they are saying that a very prominent donor and trustee is demanding a suspension. Just throwing that out..... who knows?

Reactions: ImaWright
That's been the prevailing "inside" info. Now they are saying that a very prominent donor and trustee is demanding a suspension. Just throwing that out..... who knows?
That prominent trustee and donor is an abuse enabler. Willingly bringing that culture back at any point in time instead of immediate efforts to clean house of abusers and abuser enablers (Meyer, Schiano, Wilson, Gene Smith, etc) makes all with the power to make change abuse enablers. That is their legacy. They allowed their alma mater and pride and joy to become the national symbol for physical and sexual abuse tolerance in the name of sport.

That prominent trustee and donor is an abuse enabler. Willingly bringing that culture back at any point in time instead of immediate efforts to clean house of abusers and abuser enablers (Meyer, Schiano, Wilson, Gene Smith, etc) makes all with the power to make change abuse enablers. That is their legacy. They allowed their alma mater and pride and joy to become the national symbol for physical and sexual abuse tolerance in the name of sport.
Two words: Donald Wuerl.

Yeah yeah, not real equivalence but the same “not my job” theme.

So their BOT is coming up on 11 hours now discussing this???? Yeah that’s not a very good look. The longer this goes on the smaller that corner of the room gets that they are painting themselves into. I I thought there was no way they fire him but now it’s looking like it might be possible unless they are all in their eating onion dip saying “I can’t believe people actually think we are in here debating firing Urban”

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Emmert and Delaney would never touch one of their cash cows. They could have a child trafficking ring running through the Horseshoe, and they wouldn’t bat an eye.

The other scandals include the wrestling doctor who abused hundreds of scholarship athletes and the swim team that allowed the diving coach to prey on female athletes. There may be more; we’ll just have to wait for Brett McMurphy’s reports.

I know, it was tongue in cheek. Three schools with issues and not a peep out of them. God, I despise those two hypocritical scumbags.

ADVERTISEMENT