ADVERTISEMENT

PC being set up at OSU (and results of, and reaction to, BOT decision)

Has a helicopter shown up in columbus?

1974-nixon.jpg

I'm following Twitter to see if anyone is breaking anything new. The amount of osu fans on Twitter that have not one clue of any facts regarding the Sandusky mess is astonishing.

Reactions: john4psu
IDK, seems to me like a lot of tOSU faithful have finally realized the gravity of the situation today. I mean, this is very confusing, you cannot defend Meyer without attacking the victim, Smith should have been let go long ago, Meyer lied, and even if he is retained the next time a kid gets accused of stealing a kiss on an elevator they'll be back in this mess again. Add in all of the other tOSU problems and the tOSU people are beginning to understand how much damage has been done and will continue to be done to the program. Honestly, without considering money, if Meyer resigned it would be the best for everyone.

Agree...OSU BOT probably also discussing plus and minus of keeping UM on board if more info comes out later that shows he knew. Whether its better to cut bait now with him or risk more bad info coming out later

It seems apparent that the trustees don’t find the report enough to fire him with cause and to avoid a protracted legal battle that may be costly and unsightly as in public view. My sense is that it is taking long because they are having him detail everything he knows and what he doesn’t know.... essentially giving him space to be upfront and retain his job. If anything he states is proven false by additional revelations then they are In better position to fire with cause. They are just giving him the rope now and letting things play out to see if he hangs himself later. Unless he comes out and reveals something now that the investigation didn’t know of.

It seems apparent that the trustees don’t find the report enough to fire him with cause and to avoid a protracted legal battle that may be costly and unsightly as in public view. My sense is that it is taking long because they are having him detail everything he knows and what he doesn’t know.... essentially giving him space to be upfront and retain his job. If anything he states is proven false by additional revelations then they are In better position to fire with cause. They are just giving him the rope now and letting things play out to see if he hangs himself later. Unless he comes out and reveals something now that the investigation didn’t know of.

Maybe they've told him they want to suspend him for four games and he told them "NO".

There is a clause in his contract that states if he becomes aware of such a situation, he must report it IN WRITING up the chain of command. Failure to do so is a fireable event. If such a report was not made at the time, I am sure it exists now, written sometime in the last two weeks.

Kinda like Private Santiago's transfer orders in A Few Good Men.
His most recent contract spelled out more stringent "morality" steps. Don't know how this would apply to 2015. PAOAG and courts are unique in ignoring protection against ex post facto.

I think a protracted, costly legal battle worked well for our BOT. All you have to do when someone asks for information, is say GFY. Then, all you have to do is decide who gets the $12M payout.

Rumor that the BOT wants Meyer reinstated now, but Drake wants some sort of suspension. And now the BOT is considering firing Drake.

Stay tuned...

Reactions: step.eng69
Drake answers to the BOT, but maybe they want him to sign off on their "time served" decision and he is holding firm. I am sure the BOT doesn't want to fire Drake because they understand that will look really really bad.

Drake answers to the BOT, but maybe they want him to sign off on their "time served" decision and he is holding firm. I am sure the BOT doesn't want to fire Drake because they understand that will look really really bad.
Well, if this is true (and LOL if it is), you will never be able to put Drake and Meyer in the same room again.

Damn, I could really go for the re-runs of Watergate. Watched the hearings every night returning home from work...black-white tv.

Listening to the Slow Burn podcast about Nixon’s impeachment and it’s really amazing. The guy just lied and lied and lied and did himself in with tapes. Wow.

Reactions: step.eng69
Rumor that the BOT wants Meyer reinstated now, but Drake wants some sort of suspension. And now the BOT is considering firing Drake.

Stay tuned...

Wait now let me see if I can get this quote from Emmert and the NCAA right...Never again will we let football take pre
This whole thing is going leave Tosu with a black eye.

But no signs of "choking"

Any Mark Emmert or Jim Delaney sightings at the meeting? Definitely OSU loss of institutional control - I'm certain there will be a scholarship reduction / four year bowl ban / forfeit share of bowl money announcement.;)

How the hell would one of those guys get inside the meeting?
They literally drove up and are sitting in the parking lot outside in lawn chairs. I know Meyer will stay, but I almost want to see someone tell him he was fired just to see the meltdown. Every school and pro team has a few of these guys....no exceptions, but it is always better when they are the ones acting crazy.

Reactions: BBrown
Are you retarded. You think it's ok to lie at work about knowledge of domestic abuse when you're employing the abuser and you are supposed to be a role model for young men. You must be a real fun guy to deal with.

I think in that setting he has no obligation to tell the truth
Coaches aren't role models for young men...I'm so tired of people trying to make everyone a role model. That's the parents job
Are you a role model using words like "retarded"?
Also, alleged abuser--no conviction...facts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT