ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Feinbaum had a field day today with Harbaugh

For serious, how many losses vs. OSU does he get?
Not sure what that has to do with this, but I think he needs to get his fair share of wins, and with Meyer there, that's not likely to be much more than 50/50 or so, and I think he's proven to be a good enough coach, and he's also proven himself to be a good enough recruiter, for him to make that happen. Last years game sucked, but truth be told, there was an enormous talent gap that OSU had built up(not to mention UM's idiotic defensive scheme against that spread), but I think this year and moving ahead that starts to even up, both through Harbaugh's improved recruiting, and the fact that OSU just lost a ton of talent(9 or so early NFL draft entrants is insane) that will be difficult to replace.

It's easy to forget that OSU was such huge favorites going into last year, and had they not shit the bed against MSU, would likely still have been pretty big favorites to repeat as the National Champs, that was one of the most talented OSU teams I've seen in a long time, and they rarely lack for talent.

Since we're now talking expectations, how long does Franklin realistically get before he needs to start winning his fair share of games against UM, OSU and MSU, and what is his fair share?

Not sure what that has to do with this, but I think he needs to get his fair share of wins, and with Meyer there, that's not likely to be much more than 50/50 or so, and I think he's proven to be a good enough coach, and he's also proven himself to be a good enough recruiter, for him to make that happen. Last years game sucked, but truth be told, there was an enormous talent gap that OSU had built up(not to mention UM's idiotic defensive scheme against that spread), but I think this year and moving ahead that starts to even up, both through Harbaugh's improved recruiting, and the fact that OSU just lost a ton of talent(9 or so early NFL draft entrants is insane) that will be difficult to replace.

It's easy to forget that OSU was such huge favorites going into last year, and had they not shit the bed against MSU, would likely still have been pretty big favorites to repeat as the National Champs, that was one of the most talented OSU teams I've seen in a long time, and they rarely lack for talent.

Since we're now talking expectations, how long does Franklin realistically get before he needs to start winning his fair share of games against UM, OSU and MSU, and what is his fair share?

Well, I think it's a legitimate question since you haven't had a coach with a winning record against them since Moeller. Carr was close, but still on the wrong end. Do you think if Hoke was 2-2 vs. OSU versus 1-3 he'd still be around? I am wondering if Harbaugh will get a longer leash given his success elsewhere (or, if he's 1-4, he's gone).

Franklin gets another year to get this team in shape from most PSU fans I think. Expectations after that (2017) will be very high, and while I don't think fans are expecting sweeps of the big three, he's going to have to be in the mix for a B1G Championship or the sharks will start smelling blood. 'His fair share' will likely include more wins, especially at home, than losses and I think that's realistic. MSU isn't going to maintain their level of success as they tend to have to rely on teams filled with upperclassmen. I think Franklin is on the right track though.

He's won BCS bowl games and taken an NFL team to the Super Bowl, to within 1 play of a world championship. He's great with X's and O's and in recruiting. You would kill to have him at Penn State. The only way Penn State will beat Michigan while Harbaugh is here is if they have far superior talent and/or experience. That may happen once (2017).

That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man.

Finebaums' show is one of the last great bastions of southern hate: You can find somebody referring to someone as a "Yankee" usually 3 times per show. It's a throwback to 1865.

Reactions: Bayou Lion
Tom, just curious why this clear scUM Troll is permitted to not only intentionally and fecklessly impersonate my board moniker, but then also do nothing but libel and insult PSU and Coach Franklin? Absurd that a clear non-PSU fan TROLL and PSU BOARD FLAMER is permitted to pull these antics on a PSU Board (e.g., insult PSU, PSU Fans and PSU's Coach while attempting to intentionally impersonate a PSU Fan's board moniker) - "Joined April 2" and has 3 posts - go figure!?!? Ridiculous.
You've got an argument for sure. Perhaps the mods missed this. In any case, it's now called to their attention and should be eliminated ASAP. No valid board member should be impersonated.

Reactions: Woodpecker
It is unfortunately a shame that we have Franklin as our coach, because I would LOVE nothing nore than to destroy Urban and Harbaugh year after year. Unfortunately, I just don't see Franklin being anywhere in the same area code as an X's and O's coach and think it is really going to be tough to finish anywhere other than 3rd or 4th in the division most years.

Well, I think it's a legitimate question since you haven't had a coach with a winning record against them since Moeller. Carr was close, but still on the wrong end. Do you think if Hoke was 2-2 vs. OSU versus 1-3 he'd still be around? I am wondering if Harbaugh will get a longer leash given his success elsewhere (or, if he's 1-4, he's gone).

Franklin gets another year to get this team in shape from most PSU fans I think. Expectations after that (2017) will be very high, and while I don't think fans are expecting sweeps of the big three, he's going to have to be in the mix for a B1G Championship or the sharks will start smelling blood. 'His fair share' will likely include more wins, especially at home, than losses and I think that's realistic. MSU isn't going to maintain their level of success as they tend to have to rely on teams filled with upperclassmen. I think Franklin is on the right track though.

Unfortunately, how many losses does Franklin get against MSU, OSU and UM? The results have not been promising to us thus far, and it doesn't look like it will get any better! I pray that I am wrong though.

It is unfortunately a shame that we have Franklin as our coach, because I would LOVE nothing nore than to destroy Urban and Harbaugh year after year. Unfortunately, I just don't see Franklin being anywhere in the same area code as an X's and O's coach and think it is really going to be tough to finish anywhere other than 3rd or 4th in the division most years.

Oh gee, the clever shiz-hole scUM troll has created a new bull$hit moniker to absurdly claim he is a PSU fan and flame this board - let me guess monitors, he's clearly a PSU fan "just expressing his opinions" because he continually uses the terms "us" and "we" (so ingenious & clever LMFAO) despite his clear flaming and trolling anti-PSU behavior and rhetoric? Things that make you go hhhhmmmmm....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT